Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

metalangel

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by metalangel »

Auratus wrote:Best of luck in your love life, OtakuNinja.

As this thread look like having some good quasi-love counselor, May I ask that what lead relationship to friendzoning. I am annoyed that 9Gag populated by great amount of people who think that having a relationship as a "nice guy" is impossible.

June is coming and few day after that I will start study in University, as I said many times I intentionally go to the same university with my crush (actually that's pretty much only reason I go there :lol: ) I was confessed affection in February and she told that she is shocked and still love her ex-boyfriend then. But as my crush is get over him now at least on the surface. I thinking about "secure" her. I and my crush now have closer relationship compare to what it used to be, so I might consider repeat my confession again soon. Any tip/idea/suggestion/comment?
Maybe she was shocked because she was still thinking about her ex and didn't really have time to think about anyone else? Being the recipient of a confession can be a big surprise (which is why some panic and say 'no' automatically) but it's still critical to have made the interest clear.

One way to do it would be to saying, "remember what I said back then? I still mean it, do you want to go out?". Pick your moment carefully!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I asked her out on a "fika" today, but then remembered that she had a piano class after school. Even so, she agreed to go out next week. This is going better than I expected. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

OtakuNinja wrote:I asked her out on a "fika" today, but then remembered that she had a piano class after school. Even so, she agreed to go out next week. This is going better than I expected. :)

Congrats man, just sent robin the message and she's joyous for you.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Note to self; before you go to battle, you must know your surroundings...

I texted her, she replied with her location, I replied something like "I'lll meet you there", she explained... Apparently she was buying underwear. :oops: [Insert big facepalm here]
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

OtakuNinja wrote:Note to self; before you go to battle, you must know your surroundings...

I texted her, she replied with her location, I replied something like "I'lll meet you there", she explained... Apparently she was buying underwear. :oops: Image
Here you go! :D
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

[Quote]
post-56913-12694559746391.jpg[][i]Note to self; before you go to battle, you must know your surroundings...[/i] I texted her, she replied with her location, I replied something like "I'lll meet you there", she explained... Apparently she was buying underwear. :oops: [attachment=0]post-56913-12694559746391.jpg
[Quote] that's better
Attachments
post-56913-12694559746391.jpg
post-56913-12694559746391.jpg (27.72 KiB) Viewed 4619 times
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Just found out that she'll be working in Malta for about 5 weeks. I haz a sad. :(
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Just found out that she'll be working in Malta for about 5 weeks. I haz a sad. :(
Misread "Malta" as "Mafia". :lol: Daaaamn.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos your picture is creeping me out. A lot.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Just found out that she'll be working in Malta for about 5 weeks. I haz a sad. :(
Basically the same thing. Either way, she'll go there as soon as the break starts, and when she returns I'll be in London and then go directly to a convention... So we won't see each other until mid-August. :(
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Basically the same thing. Either way, she'll go there as soon as the break starts, and when she returns I'll be in London and then go directly to a convention... So we won't see each other until mid-August. :(
Nahh. Nowadays there are several way to communicate with anyone regardless of distance. Chat, Skype, E-mail, Telephone and Etc.
(You know, I think I made an intimacy with my crush entirely from Facebook and time, So don't worry)
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Auratus wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Basically the same thing. Either way, she'll go there as soon as the break starts, and when she returns I'll be in London and then go directly to a convention... So we won't see each other until mid-August. :(
Nahh. Nowadays there are several way to communicate with anyone regardless of distance. Chat, Skype, E-mail, Telephone and Etc.
(You know, I think I made an intimacy with my crush entirely from Facebook and time, So don't worry)
Texting her is good and all, but meeting her in person is essential if I want to be seen as something more than a friend. :(
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

I'm sorry if I may be cutting into an ongoing conversation, but after reading some of the accounts here of what may have affected various visitors to these forums and their livelihoods, I feel as though I have to get my own story off my chest. It's nothing like some of the other heart-wrenching stories I have borne witness here, however, so be prepared to be a bit disappointed as I try to jot down my abstract thoughts.

I can barely remember anything of my life as a toddler. Primary school in my hometown of Dalby was relatively quiet (two of my fellow classmates that I knew over the years, in hindsight, remind me quite strongly of Lilly and Hanako in both demeanor and personality), but I moved schools about halfway through my secondary education. I was lucky to have known a few of my classmates from a Christian youth group I attended, but it was still relatively difficult to adapt to a new environment. I also contented myself with computer and tabletop gaming (even went up against someone younger then me who could thrash me at chess!), reading (especially Shakespeare),

Unfortunately, just when I was on the verge of my final year, about six years ago, things went rapidly downhill.

My mother, who had inherited a genetic disease known as PKD (polycystic kidney disease/disorder), was hospitalised after complaining about pain in her shoulder and, though I can't remember why, she had to be transferred to a hospital in Brisbane, about 3 hours drive from my hometown. Finally, after five months of trying to struggle with both school and having to be temporarily transferred to the care of a friend's family - just one evening after it looked like she might have gotten better - my mother was forced to be hospitalised for the last time.

She had undergone the final stages of end-stage renal failure - I was, metaphorically speaking, forced to watch as my mother, who was only 46, finally passed away. Me, my father and my then 11 year old brother were utterly shattered; all I could do was to bury my head in school work, both in order to try and remain on track with my education and, in hindsight, maybe a way to try and deal with the agony of losing a third of my immediate family.

I had thankfully managed to graduate within the top 20 OP grades of my grade at the time, but in order to do that, I had to bury a lot of my initial grief, anger and anguish over the whole experience. I had literally sworn over my mother's grave that I'd graduate with an excellent result and, just after the end of graduation day, I broke down and wept out on the concrete outside the hall.

The final nail in the coffin for this whole episode was what my family found out about two years later after both me and my brother were tested by a doctor: however unlikely it might seem, BOTH of us had genetically inherited PKD; I was unfortunate to have developed the advanced strain of the disease. All that could be done was to try and keep it treatable, but, for the immediate future, there is no cure for the disease.

While I am currently studying for my final year up in a Brisbane university, I am still scared by the implications of this whole incident. While I did take away some positive experiences from both my life and from reading KS, I still have that question nagging me in the back of my head: will I still be alive within the next 20 years?

Sorry if none of this makes sense or is irrelevant to the original topic - I just felt I needed to vent. I could elaborate on the specifics, if need be, at another time.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
gragon

Post by gragon »

Well its been a long time since i was here, but im still lurking from time to time so yea...HI guys!
The final nail in the coffin for this whole episode was what my family found out about two years later after both me and my brother were tested by a doctor: however unlikely it might seem, BOTH of us had genetically inherited PKD; I was unfortunate to have developed the advanced strain of the disease. All that could be done was to try and keep it treatable, but, for the immediate future, there is no cure for the disease.
First of all, thanks for sharing your story AussieInquisitor, you as well as all others can always post their stories, thats what this topic is for after all!

So on topic:isn't it possible to get a donated kidney? and if so you should get on a list for them directly, even if you still have just 20 years, 20 years to get a kidney is a pretty long time so you never know. mean while try and make the best of it, dont let such a thing get you down, try to enjoy live to the fullest! maybe you could talk to your brother about it since you both have (or had I dont know about your brother) the decease, might help you a bit to know how he feels about it.
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
aidz

Post by aidz »

This is, um, a lot more trivial than the other posts in this thread.

But yeah, so set the scene. I've been going into see my brother who's working at the Alliance Francais during the Easter break, and I live quite far from there so I have to get the early train in every morning. The day is Wednesday, and I've been getting the ten-past-seven. (More like twenty past, FU SCOTRAIL)

So, she's this girl who's been getting the train at the same time as me for the past three days, she wears this huge leather coat (which has droopy sleeves cause she's so tiny) and has this mass of backcombed blonde hair, like a cindy doll, except even more hair. She just sits reading these old books half the time. I was sitting with my knees against the seat (I'm in the two seater seats on the train, which has like the backs of two seats in front. Easily most comfy of seats) with my headphones in and I just felt her tugging my sleeve, so I turn round and she's sitting across from me, and she just murmurs into her book 'you dropped money.'

I then realise that all my change had spilled out my pocket and it was all embarrassing because I didn't hear. DILEMMA.

So then I'm like 'Hehe, thanks' then we spoke for a bit about this and that, then as I'm about to put my headphones in she just properly punches my arm and she's right up in my face with the biggest eyes I have ever seen (they were fucking dinner plates, also this is the first time I've properly seen her face ) going "ARENT YOU GOING TO ASK ME WHAT IM READING".

I'm folding my arms and pouting, I can pull off the pout, when you're a sixteen year old guy with no facial hair and pretty girly features, you have to play the cute card. "Only if you ask me what I'm listening too", I snap, sounding waaaaay snarkier than I intended.

So then she asks, and I'm like "Back on the chain gang- the Pretenders", and she looks dreamily for a moment, almost as if she's tasting the words, then announces "let me hear", and snatches my headphones (thank god my ears were clean or I might have just shot myself). She listens for a bit, then we talk some more about music, windows, and the disproportionate amount of old people around.

Then we arrive at Hyndland where she says she "worked in a bookshop". As she was getting off she just hits out with "I don't like your new haircut" (I'd got a haircut in the space between the first time I saw her on the train and the day we spoke, it was nice and short compared to the overstyled mess it was before. It didn't help I had as much disdain for it as she did, so I was pretty offended.) I replied "at least it's not a good 10 years overdue like yours is" which I got the cutest frown in reply, and a, "see you later then".

She wasn't on the train the next day, and the day after that. I didn't get the train next week as I had school again, I assume so did she.

I never found out what book she was reading.

I also never ended up having to pay for a ticket either #faredodging