Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Wait, feeling shitty in shitty weather is a disorder now? I call bullshit. :lol:

I doubt giving up KS would change much. You'd still have no relationship and all that. See if you can't change some of that, bit by bit.
Its actually a pretty common thing up here. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002499/

Honestly I do wonder if it might be something physical. I've been playing KS and hanging out here since January, and its only been in the last six days or so that I've had this strong emotional reaction. I do tend to stay inside with the curtains drawn, since I'm kind of a night person.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

"The night beckons!" - Warcraft III Dreadlord when summoned.

Sorry, can't resist.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

pandaphil wrote:Has anyone here had any experience with Seasonal Affective Disorder? I'm thinking that's what might be effecting my mood lately.

Since the weekend the weather heres been rainy, windy and generally lousy, so I've been staying in my room. Now in the past few days I've been feeling really lousy about my life. Upset over the lack of any sort of relationship, and feeling lonely and miserable, like my life has been a waste. I haven't been able to work on my art projects or accomplish much of anyting besides sit here in front of the computer browsing the forum, writing KS fic and doing sketches, generally obsessing over the game and randomly crying for no reason. I've always had occasional bouts of depression and loneliness, but I don't remember it ever hitting me this heard before.

I hate to think KS has been the cause of all this. I do love it, and would hate to have to give it up.

Gonna try to break out the bike and get to the store tomorrow and see if that helps.
Do something meaningful. If your or anyone's life feel like have no point or worth, Make one.
If you are in severe depression. Visit some therapist. Don't blame KS. That's all.

My crush currently have smoother relationship with her boyfriend and pretty happy. Although I hate to say this, It isn't good news for me. I mean, I could do anything sensible in my power to make her happy, but I don't like being distant with her. But for know I am okay and don't need any advice about my situation. That is just a rant.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Surprisingly, the Heart of the Swarm campaign gave me some good feels.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

YZQ wrote:Surprisingly, the Heart of the Swarm campaign gave me some good feels.
...playing as a woman who controls interstellar monster that plans to destroy the (part of) humanity?
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I put on a Hatsune Miku concert I downloaded off Youtube, and basically forced myself to work on one of my non-KS art projects shortly after my previous post. And you know, I'm actually feeling a little better. I don't have that feeling of overwelming sadness. It'll probably be gone in the morning, but I'll deal with that then.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

You know I think I have the same weather problem. Weather here in UK is just terrible, I stay in my room most of the time. I think it's more that I want to do something meaningful, and staying in my room is just quite meaningless. As for KS affecting, my friend keeps saying I should just completely forget about KS. He said I was fine before this. Part of me says he's right, but that's only because my old (kinda current) lifestyle isn't as healthy and satisfying as I thought it was. So I may just want to change, but I'm just upset over the lack of relationship too. This empty feeling...hard to describe.

Should I seek therapy? Is just a bit weird visiting a therapist because of a VN (not trying to blame KS here, it just feels odd).
Last edited by win746 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Auratus wrote:
YZQ wrote:Surprisingly, the Heart of the Swarm campaign gave me some good feels.
...playing as a woman who controls interstellar monster that plans to destroy the (part of) humanity?
Kerrigan's aim was squarely on Arcturus. She declared war on him, and Arcturus chose to hide behind his armies instead of manning up, with predictable results. If Arcturus didn't spread lies about Raynor, he could have saved himself alot of trouble.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:You know I think I have the same weather problem. Weather here in UK is just terrible, I stay in my room most of the time. I think it's more that I want to do something meaningful, and staying in my room is just quite meaningless. As for KS affecting, my friend keeps saying I should just completely forget about KS. He said I was fine before this. Part of me says he's right, but that's only because my old (kinda current) lifestyle isn't as healthy and satisfying as I thought it was. So I may just want to change, but I'm just upset over the lack of relationship too. This empty feeling...hard to describe.

Should I seek therapy? Is just a bit weird visiting a therapist because of a VN (not trying to blame KS here, it just feels odd).
Do you think you should seek therapy? We're not exactly fit to decide that here.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
win746

Post by win746 »

Xanatos wrote:
win746 wrote:You know I think I have the same weather problem. Weather here in UK is just terrible, I stay in my room most of the time. I think it's more that I want to do something meaningful, and staying in my room is just quite meaningless. As for KS affecting, my friend keeps saying I should just completely forget about KS. He said I was fine before this. Part of me says he's right, but that's only because my old (kinda current) lifestyle isn't as healthy and satisfying as I thought it was. So I may just want to change, but I'm just upset over the lack of relationship too. This empty feeling...hard to describe.

Do you think you should seek therapy? We're not exactly fit to decide that here.
With some of my country's culture still rubbed onto me, its really unheard of to get therapy at all. Also getting it from a piece of fictional work is pretty much frowned upon. Its like Japan's view on Otaku's. That's why I need some opinions from other people, I just don't know what to think about it. But then again, its not so much of KS feels anymore, its just I'm a bit lost at life. I just get occasional bouts of depression and loneliness, I've been trying to fix that though.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

With some of my country's culture still rubbed onto me, its really unheard of to get therapy at all. Also getting it from a piece of fictional work is pretty much frowned upon. Its like Japan's view on Otaku's. That's why I need some opinions from other people, I just don't know what to think about it. But then again, its not so much of KS feels anymore, its just I'm a bit lost at life. I just get occasional bouts of depression and loneliness, I've been trying to fix that though.
I wouldn't say therapy's needed for that. Just some direction.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

win746 wrote:

I don't know if its possible for you, but would it really hurt to make an appointment with a therapist just for an evaluation? Maybe just talking to a sympathetic person about your problems would help?
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

i've been pondering this for a while... so i did the natural thing and posted on the internet about it.

so there's this girl... and she likes me. we talk and flirt. alot. i get along with her perfectly and she understands me perfectly. i think she's pretty cute and easy to get along with. we hang out a ton and chat daily. it's the perfect situation.

so, where's the kicker?

she's in a relationship with my friend. who i love as a dude. could not find a nicer man under the sun. more recently, she's been flirting really intensely with me, because to be honest, her boyfriend's a really boring dude (but i still love him).

so there's this event she's been wanting me to ask her to (that her boyfriend can't bring her to). if i do it, i'm pretty sure they'll break up and i'll end up in a relationship with her. this is like a 95% probability.

if they break up, there's no blame on me. he's really that nice a guy. so it's really down to my call.

i really like her and i'd love to have a relationship with her. but i'm pretty sure if i take her to the dance, i get the "dick of the year" award for taking a girl away from my friend.

thoughts?
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

You wouldn't be "taking a girl away from [your] friend", she's a sentient being and the worst you'd be doing is being more interesting to her than he is, and if anyone would take home dick of the year it would have to be both of you. However, I can't imagine doing this, myself. The awkwardness alone would be off the charts unless their relationship isn't very serious and he's not the type to get attached. Plus, there could be a lot under the surface that you're not seeing. I've been in this situation before, and I let her interest wane. I'm glad I did, it waned pretty quickly.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

muliebrity wrote:You wouldn't be "taking a girl away from [your] friend", she's a sentient being and the worst you'd be doing is being more interesting to her than he is, and if anyone would take home dick of the year it would have to be both of you.
their relationship is the kind that exists for the sake of existing. i know what's underneath the surface... it's not much. i know my friend super-well and i know her super-well, and i know their relationship super-well. trust me when i say there's not much to it.

i guess this is why i'm struggling so much with this. i can't help but feel terrible when i'm chilling/texting her, but at the same time, i feel amazing because i get along with this girl so well and she likes me back. it's the same kind of glow you get when you're with your crush--a sort of insane happiness.
mulibrity wrote:I let her interest wane
her interest hasn't waned for a year. i probably could make it, if i was a total ass to her and didn't respond to her texts, but i don't think that's the right solution.

i also understand the fact that i'm facilitating the break-up of my friend and his girl... and she's party to it... this is why i'm so torn-up. my dream girl's right there, but i've got to stomp all over my morals to get to her.