Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Umber »

Hm.

I really don't have much to say to everyone here. All I can do is hope the pain passes by.

Life experiences are named so for a reason, rather aptly, and many of us can relate to each others' aches. I was in a relationship for two years, long-distance with the same person for two more, before we broke apart. That was a little over a month ago. Childish, considering my age, but I couldn't really maneuver through life without someone by my side. Now, well. I'm still coping, trying to deal with...things. Sometimes I feel like the hardest parts in love are both in and out of its lifespan.

I won't forget anything that had happened, but I'll move on, eventually, maybe. Hopefully. Perhaps I speak for people other than myself.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:I hear ya. I've fallen in love twice in my life. The first ones family moved away, and she ended up falling in love and marrying a friend of mine. Shortly thereafter, I fell for another girl who Friendzoned me really hard. I've never been able to bring myself to care so much for anyone sinse. I've been alone for so long now that I don't think I even know how to get close to someone anymore, and I'm fucking miserable.
My issues when it comes to love is best described by the song Mistress by Disturbed. Definitely, the lyrics in the video linked will show you what I mean.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I hear ya. I've fallen in love twice in my life. The first ones family moved away, and she ended up falling in love and marrying a friend of mine. Shortly thereafter, I fell for another girl who Friendzoned me really hard. I've never been able to bring myself to care so much for anyone sinse. I've been alone for so long now that I don't think I even know how to get close to someone anymore, and I'm fucking miserable.
My issues when it comes to love is best described by the song Mistress by Disturbed. Definitely, the lyrics in the video linked will show you what I mean.
I think I totally get you, that song resonates with me anyway, so seeing someone else use it to describe a sides of ones self makes me feel like if I met you, without introduction I would "know" you.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Yoh_Komori wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
I think I totally get you, that song resonates with me anyway, so seeing someone else use it to describe a sides of ones self makes me feel like if I met you, without introduction I would "know" you.
Exactly. I know where you guys are coming from with that one. I've been in love twice, both of which ended very very badly, and I haven't had the slightest desire to try that again since. Maybe that's a bit pessimistic. I'm not actively trying to fall in love again, I think that sounds better. If it happens it happens I guess. It took a very long time and more bottles of liquor than I can count but I think I'm over my ex, but I don't want to forget about the other one. Then again I could be completely wrong a relapse back into insomnia again, but for now I don't think that's going to happen. I have felt pretty good since I started coming here so there's that. :D I guess that makes us brothers in misery or something.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

AAAAAGH! I came here to vent and maybe to ease my feelings of utter contempt for other people after a bizarre experience with Tomb Raider, and the first thing i see are two topics treating Katawa Shoujo like a video game. I really don't see why so many people have problems keeping the definitions straight, but let me bitch about it again. Katawa Shoujo is not a video game because there is no interactivity beyond essentially turning a page, it's a comic book with multiple endings that you read on a computer and which conveniently came with it's own soundtrack just to make sure the Hanako sex scene ensures you won't be able to get aroused until over a dozen hours afterward even though Hanako is the most attractive character in the book. It may be the soundtrack and occasional voice acting that get people to think visual novels are somehow video games but again, what defines video games is interactivity, and Katawa Shoujo has no real interactivity. Pack that shit in!

...i've got a meeting in two hours and i haven't slept in 26 hours, i'm feeling narky, and i just can't get myself to focus. I need more caffeine. Can't focus without caffeine.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Limited interactivity is still interactivity. Your own actions still determine whether you "win" or "lose".
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
win746

Post by win746 »

Pyramid Head wrote:AAAAAGH! I came here to vent and maybe to ease my feelings of utter contempt for other people after a bizarre experience with Tomb Raider, and the first thing i see are two topics treating Katawa Shoujo like a video game. I really don't see why so many people have problems keeping the definitions straight, but let me bitch about it again. Katawa Shoujo is not a video game because there is no interactivity beyond essentially turning a page, it's a comic book with multiple endings that you read on a computer and which conveniently came with it's own soundtrack just to make sure the Hanako sex scene ensures you won't be able to get aroused until over a dozen hours afterward even though Hanako is the most attractive character in the book. It may be the soundtrack and occasional voice acting that get people to think visual novels are somehow video games but again, what defines video games is interactivity, and Katawa Shoujo has no real interactivity. Pack that shit in!

...i've got a meeting in two hours and i haven't slept in 26 hours, i'm feeling narky, and i just can't get myself to focus. I need more caffeine. Can't focus without caffeine.
I agree, I guess calling it a game just stuck around after the first few hundred people calling it that.

Also my Tomb Raider crashed from graphic glitchs, crashed, and corrupted my 4 hours save file. That was annoying.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Guest Poster wrote:Limited interactivity is still interactivity. Your own actions still determine whether you "win" or "lose".
No, no it's not. Are books video games? You can turn the pages on those, which is the most you ever do in Katawa Shoujo. If Katawa Shoujo is a video game, than so is Kitchen Confidential. Not to mention the fact that you never lose in Katwa Shoujo because none of it is your actions. You can't project onto Hisao, everything he does is his own action, we just choose to read a different possible outcome, something books can also quite easily do.

win746 wrote: I agree, I guess calling it a game just stuck around after the first few hundred people calling it that.

Also my Tomb Raider crashed from graphic glitchs, crashed, and corrupted my 4 hours save file. That was annoying.
I figured there were software problems with it when i noticed the 360 having a lot of problems running the damn thing. It probably crashed while trying to auto-save with you. Install the game to the hard drive, that's the best way to avoid those problems.
win746

Post by win746 »

Pyramid Head wrote:Install the game to the hard drive, that's the best way to avoid those problems.
Yeah.....

I'm playing on PC. The game is apparently not optimized with current nvidia build, alot of graphical problems.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

win746 wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Install the game to the hard drive, that's the best way to avoid those problems.
Yeah.....

I'm playing on PC. The game is apparently not optimized with current nvidia build, alot of graphical problems.
Ouch. Which means just to put a cherry on it you bought the fucking thing. I did finish it, i will admit i like it more than any previous Tomb Raider game and would recommend it, but $60 is too high an asking price.

Well, i guess it will just be a learning experience for you. Never, ever, EVER buy a Square Enix game within two weeks of publishing. Wait for a few reviews to surface, THEN buy it.

Though if you've got a PC i guess the rules are different for you.
...that reminds me, i should get around to finishing Recettear. That'll be one i review when i finally get back to posting game reviews.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

My problem is I'm a very affection and touchy-feely person (which probably comes through in my fanfics). I have a fair number of online friends, and I'm really not even that interested in sex. But it kills me that I don't have anyone to cuddle with and lavish affection on.
win746 wrote:
Yeah.....

Hang in there. There's supposedly an update patch in the works.

Hey cheer up. At least you didn't buy SimCity. :twisted:
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

pandaphil wrote:Hey cheer up. At least you didn't buy SimCity. :twisted:
My inner conscience told me to hold it out until its released, no reason why, so I just waited until it was released and the reviews rolled in.

Thank god i didn't, that was a train wreck. And I'm a big Sim City fan. :(
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Hey cheer up. At least you didn't buy SimCity. :twisted:
My inner conscience told me to hold it out until its released, no reason why, so I just waited until it was released and the reviews rolled in.

Thank god i didn't, that was a train wreck. And I'm a big Sim City fan. :(
It'll get patched. That's how games work now. They release crap and patch it later.

@pandaphil...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:@pandaphil...
Yeah, but when most people are "friendzoned" it's the loosest use of the term "friend". Basically the "friendzone" for most people equals the end of the friendship, since the person who was confessed to feels awkward around the confessor since they know the other person's real feelings.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:@pandaphil...
Yeah, but when most people are "friendzoned" it's the loosest use of the term "friend". Basically the "friendzone" for most people equals the end of the friendship, since the person who was confessed to feels awkward around the confessor since they know the other person's real feelings.
Hence, Misha/Shizune, perhaps.

Friendzone is still being friends with someone, albeit to an extent and very awkward, as Stein said.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.