Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

minimike96

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by minimike96 »

metalangel wrote:"Happy" Thanksgiving. :/
I know that feel.

I don't even get to celebrate it toady.

That one guy who likes Shizune more than the others.
Shizune>>Emi>Rin≥Misha>Hanako>Lily

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Me either, it was last month :P

Holidays for me are trapped in my parents' house in the middle of nowhere being told off for texting too much.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Ah, Thanksgiving. The day where we gorge ourselves in remembrance of that one time white people stopped raping and killing everybody for the timespan of a single dinner. ...Why is this still a holiday?

Anyway, I got depressed then sick then depressed again. Now I'm still sick but not depressed. :mrgreen:

@azu: ...I'm not sure I want to know the kind of fucked up mind that justifies guilt-tripping over assault. Fuck... :(
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Thanksgiving is mostly a family holiday now, where families get together to remind each other why they all scattered to the winds in the first place.

Also to gorge on food.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Charmant wrote:
@azu: ...I'm not sure I want to know the kind of fucked up mind that justifies guilt-tripping over assault. Fuck... :(
Well, it's a type of utilitarian perspective. I haven't exactly told many people about who it was, and I never confronted my attackers (they were my friends before it happened.) So that person keeps trying to convince me to come clean and tell everybody so the world can know about what happened and they can get psychological help.

I mean, it's not like I tried to cut my shoulder in half after walking by one of them in the street or anything a few years ago. Nooooo.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

There's actually a bit more history to Thanksgiving that gets forgotten.

True story: Thanksgiving became a national holiday in 1863, during the US Civil War, when Lincoln declared a holiday to give thanks for progress in the war, in particular victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg. Turkey became a big part of the mean in 1864, when the Roosevelt family (the ones that gave us Teddy and Franky) sent turkeys and hams to Grant's army besieging Richmond.

So it's useful to remember what Thanksgiving is really all about: stomping racists.
Ibinsned

Post by Ibinsned »

Hey guys, this is my first post on the KS forums. I've looked at here a bit in the past, but finally created an account. Anyway, uh, I haven't lived all that long. I mean, fuck it, I'm 15. But I think I should post here, cause I guess I can relate to alot of people here.

I guess my problems started in second grade. I was bullied. Alot, especially for someone that age. I've always been an introverted guy, far more interested in science and reading than people. My social health lowered and lowered through second and third grade. I became an even shyer little kid, although deep inside I was angrier than any child should be. That changed in fourth grade; I got the best teacher I ever had, a friend of mine to this day. He helped me alot, he understood me. I was in his TAG (talented and gifted) program, and was put into a group of similar kids. That helped alot, but in the end it made me worse. I changed, going from shy to abrasive and annoying, intentionally forcing people away from me because I couldn't deal with them. I was a brat, and if I could go back in time I would kill my past self without blinking an eye. He was a narcissist, a moron, and an asshole.

Middle school was goddawful, due to my social inhibitions and my school. I had crap teachers, a crap group of peers, and little friends. My school didn't know how to deal with me, and I suffered for it. I became an angrier and angrier as my life slipped into meaninglessness. Then, I transferred schools. That was amazing to say the least. I realized what my problems were, slowly, with a group of oddballs who hated me at first but now I can call friends. They changed me, and while that hurt alot, I became all the better for it. They made me what I am now, but I'm still growing, trying to understand the world and better myself.

And as everyone does, I started to like this girl. She was nice to me, we were friends, and she gave alot of hints that she liked me. But, I was to scared to ever say anything. I was too late, and now she's with someone else. But, it wasn't that bad. It hurt, but I'm over it.

The thing that scares me most is that it was never HER that was special. I don't know, I feel alone and lost like I'm missing some part of my life, and I'm looking for it. I feel like Hisao, in some ways. There's little in my life that I feel connected to, intimate with. Nobody I can surrender too, nobody to love, and nobody to love me. I feel really alone. Not much of a story, but that's (part of) my life.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

Ibinsned wrote: There's little in my life that I feel connected to, intimate with. Nobody I can surrender too, nobody to love, and nobody to love me. I feel really alone. Not much of a story, but that's (part of) my life.
well on the bright side youve changed from your old self. On the brighter side, youre only 15 and have so much more time. Mostly the large change in social groups and those around you that will happen after you finish high school. College, university, grad school, job, whatever ypu go through. Those are all places with fresh people and a fresh start. People rarely end up with someone they meet in high school anyway.

Try being 26 and feeling that way =(
Kochi

Post by Kochi »

Ibinsned wrote:-snip-
I guess I can relate, to a small extent. School life for me was always tricky, considering I wasn't exactly shy, but a loner. I, however, turned down the proposal to transfer schools. I guess I was afraid the alternative would be worse, considering every single school in my town is populated with Richie Rich snobs and sons of the high Argentinian Bourgeoisie. And me, being the average middle class guy, wasn't exactly welcome among them. At least not until late in high school, when we all grew mature.

As for my social life, I can't say I have one. I find it more pleasing and comfortable to be alone, not having anyone caring about me, or my actions. I do have a small, very weird group of friends, but that's basically it. I'm still a loner, even in university, choosing to stay away from people rather than socializing. I spend my breaks alone, and I tend to leave before everybody else (I don't stay and chat like the others). Can't really help you much on the social area, I'm afraid.

Regarding you, mate, you're still young. Life may seem bleak now, but trust me, give it a few years and it'll all fit into place on it's own. Perhaps you should get a more... involving (?) hobby, like some team based sport with new people, or perhaps something creative, like drawing or the like. By the time I was your age I picked up competitive gaming with clans, and made a lot of online friends along the way.
Ibinsned

Post by Ibinsned »

Yeah, I'm on the swim team and stuff.

I dunno, its just crazy how many people there are in the world, yet we can still feel alone.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Ibinsned wrote: I dunno, its just crazy how many people there are in the world, yet we can still feel alone.
I believe the opposite. It is because of how many people there are that we feel alone. We're just one in seven billion, so it's hard to feel like your own person and not just a cog in the machine. That's why having friends is so important: they make you feel that you, as a unique individual, are valuable in a way that nobody else is.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Ibinsned

Post by Ibinsned »

Hmm...

Yeah, I like that. It makes alot of sense.

Hey, there was a thing I said earlier that should be said. Even if nobody cares, I care for them, and that's enough to keep going for awhile.
Kochi

Post by Kochi »

I had a friend in a similar situation, him being in his school's American "Football" team (he's in uni now), and I basically told him to find a new kid and place him/her under his wing. Perhaps a new underclassman in your high school, or a new member of the swim team, who you could guide through his/her first days, thus not only forming a new friendship, but also helping that person getting used to the new environment.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Ibinsned wrote:Yeah, I'm on the swim team and stuff.

I dunno, its just crazy how many people there are in the world, yet we can still feel alone.
You mean "lonely". Alone is just being by yourself. Lonely is being alone and not wanting it. The difference is worth remembering. There can be much value in being alone at times.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

Charmant wrote:
Ibinsned wrote:Yeah, I'm on the swim team and stuff.

You mean "lonely". Alone is just being by yourself. Lonely is being alone and not wanting it. The difference is worth remembering. There can be much value in being alone at times.
<.<

You're the guy that corrects someone doubled over in pain saying they feel nauseous to "you mean nauseated" and then gets vomited on.