Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by SpunkySix »

HarvestmanMan wrote:To be fair, she did sort of attempt to make it believable. She created a black eye and a bruise on her throat with makeup.

What tipped me and others off was the lack of coverage. No report of the attack when it first happened, no coverage of an arrest when she told me they found the perpetrator...

Don't lie about rape, folks.
Just don't, ever. It's insulting to real victims, it creates paranoia and distrust and it's just plain wrong.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

SpunkySix wrote:
Just don't, ever. It's insulting to real victims, it creates paranoia and distrust and it's just plain wrong.
Fucking tell me about it. Do you know how disgusting it feels when the FIRST thing I think when I hear about rape is "Is this real, or did some broad decide she regretted getting gangbanged in the bathroom cuz her boyfriend got pissed"?

It feels sick. I feel disgusted by myself when I do it. Like, ME. I do it! It's bullshit, man. It's bullshit...
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

azumeow wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Fucking tell me about it. Do you know how disgusting it feels when the FIRST thing I think when I hear about rape is "Is this real, or did some broad decide she regretted getting gangbanged in the bathroom cuz her boyfriend got pissed"?

It feels sick. I feel disgusted by myself when I do it. Like, ME. I do it! It's bullshit, man. It's bullshit...
I feel that way too mate. It's horrible, the banalization of rape is a big problem.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

So I finished watching Clannad and oh man its like my heart is broken in a billion pieces then melted and put together then smashed with a sledgehammer :cry: Dont think I've ever cried this much not even KS wasnt this emotional lvl, how can you even create such hearthwrenching masterpiece like WTF man stop with the sadness already.

Sorry this has not much to do with KS but I needed somewhere to vent a little after being this recommended here which I'm so gratefull for.

/end venting

Carry on.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Elessar

Post by Elessar »

So, i was bored and played the game, started yesterday...
And upon seeing Hanako and learning about what kind of person she was, i instantly knew i had to go on.. she somewhat reminded me of a girl i used to have classes with.
Not as "extreme" though.
Shy, few words spoken, only a handful of people she trusts..
From the first moment i saw that girl i knew she was special in some way, but in what way? I couldn't quite figure out for about a year.

I myself am very, very shy and can't really talk to girls that easily, i can get out a few words, but afterwards i always feel like ive said something wrong.
Anyways, this year i graduated from Highschool [with my age of 20 it was about time, being the oldest student is quite the experience] and Prom-night was coming up faster than i wished it was. I had absolutely no idea if i should ask someone out... and if i decided i should,.. next problem would be: Who should i ask?

So after a few days of thinking, more thinking that i have ever done before [literally] i came to the conclusion: Man up, and ask the girl [the one ive talked about already].

We have never really talked much, a simply "hi" on the hallways was the most there ever was so i was really surprised that she actually said yes.
Even more surprised as she said yes to the question 'if she would like to go out with me sometime and grab a coffee or something'.
This, i dont even know if i want to call it a date,... this meet-up was, as to be expected, not accompanied by a waterfall of words and sentences, but we talked a little bit.
Huge improvement for me to be honest.

Then came Prom.
Well, i couldn't get more awkward in my opinion,.. we walked down the aisle, had the dance that was about 2 minutes long, where i wished it would last 2 hours..
Not because i like to dance, i in fact hate dancing, but because i enjoyed bein so close to her. We talked a little bit afterwards, but that was about it.

Now. To the point, sorry if the story was too long so far, i just like to write stuff ^_^

I send her a text [note that we used to communicate almost exclusively via sms, except for when we were close to each other of course] a few days later, i think it has been 3 or 4 days, asking her out to do something again, be it grabbing a coffee somewhere or what ever she'd like to do, but no response, about 3 more days later i tried texting her again, but again, no response.
Since then, i've not heard of her, not seen her, no sign of existence. She lives in a small town i have to drive through via bus every now and then to get to rehearsal, and everytime i sit right next to a window to see if might be able to spot her, just to see her again. But until now, there was nothing.
I don't know what i'm doing, don't know what i really want. I like her, thats for certain, but how much do i like her? That i honestly dont know.
Every day the first thing i do is check my mobile, see if she texted me, every day im let down. I don't want to text her again, because i feel like that would be too much, or wouldn't it? I don't know how she feels about me, i will probably never know. Im trying not to think about it, but it would be easier to eat the Mt. Everest than to not think about her...

Thanks for reading, this turned out to be much longer than expected..
Feels good to let this out
Febbavik

Post by Febbavik »

Elessar wrote: I don't want to text her again, because i feel like that would be too much, or wouldn't it? I don't know how she feels about me, i will probably never know.
Don't know if it would be too much but it would definitely be futile, forget about trying to contact her by phone. I'm a guy but back when I was younger, more withdrawn and dumber, I've been on the opposite side. I've cut communication both with a couple of people that I couldn't bring myself to reject directly but also with a few people that I actually liked a lot.

From what you're saying you weren't close enough to justify a direct approach like visiting her, and while moving on isn't a bad idea at all it would leave you with at least some regret. Try talking with one of her closest friends, even if you haven't really talked to them before you got nothing to lose at this point. It beats spending your time wondering, worrying and hoping you'd bump into eachother.
LordMarluxia

Post by LordMarluxia »

Elessar wrote:(Essay)
What can I say..? First off, I get you. I feel you mate.
Now, if you think you felt something truly special, and think that she is avoiding you out of shyness or something else, then (if you really feel like it) get another way to get in touch.
Call her, visit her, I don't know. I get that you don't want to seem to attached but something feels off... maybe she just needs some time alone to sort her feelings. Well, moving on isn't a bad idea. But it is sad because if you truly felt something you should just go for it. Sometimes you really need someone to hug.

Hey man, let it out whenever you need it man. It helps alot.
If you suffering from Life After Hanako Depression then reading the Sisterhood fanfiction will help you, it helped me.

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

and think that she is avoiding you out of shyness or something else
it would be, well logical isn't quite the right word,.. it would fit her personality, but, prom was at the end of june, its been 1 1/2 months now, so i guess moving on should be considered more and more in the next week or so.

A friend of mine asked me how things are going with her, that was 4 weeks ago, and as i told him that there is absolutely nothing going on he asked if i even like her. The first and only thing that popped into my mind was "i dont know". By know i can say that i do like her, but as said before am not sure how much.
Maybe i just didn't show enough interest in her?

Just calling her or visiting her i think would be a bad idea, because i hardly got any words out as we spoke the last time, and i fear that ill just stand there in awkward silence not saying anything.

thank you for your advices, i didn't think anyone would give a dam about my life, i already feel slightly better knowing there are people who do care..
Sometimes you really need someone to hug.
How i wish there was someone there..
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

The risk with someone like you describe is showing too much interest - it can be scary and confusing.

I think it's better you move on. You might feel some regret but a lot of that is wishing they liked you that way you like them. It's not something you can force and better to think "their loss" and move on. It's up to you whether you leave the ball in their court, so to speak, if they ever do get in touch again.
Elessar

Post by Elessar »

metalangel wrote: I think it's better you move on. You might feel some regret but a lot of that is wishing they liked you that way you like them. It's not something you can force and better to think "their loss" and move on. It's up to you whether you leave the ball in their court, so to speak, if they ever do get in touch again.
I guess you're right, maybe it is better to just leave it as it is and move on... i know that i will feel regret, but that is a feeling i've always handled kinda well.
But i will always have a seat in my heart reserved for her, i think that this is the most i can do, completely forgetting will be hard... and i don't even want to forget her
completely.

thank you (:
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

NO, DO IT FOR HER ! AT LEAST TRY ! :!:

Yes I think it's very disrespectful to don't even think that she can have a opinion and have the ability to say it.
Ask her, if she don't cares about you, at least your frustration (and perhaps her own) would be solved (otherwise you could always keep some of this uncertainty that will torture you for decades) and you would have treated her as a human being who would don't dies If questioned on this subject; and if she like you but don't dare to say it (The high school is over and she don't dare to come to talk to you outside of this context ... just like you) and you do the same, you might miss something.
Last edited by Zarys on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
LordMarluxia

Post by LordMarluxia »

What the fuck happened to Zarys... he sounds like a rabid lover in heat.

azumeow

Post by azumeow »

LordMarluxia wrote:What the fuck happened to Zarys... he sounds like a rabid lover in heat.
Lilly ending must have caused a great effect on him.

Hilariously enough, I just went through a Lilly neutral end with my ex. She's down in florida for college, and we still talk, but...that ship has sailed. It's unfortunate, but to be fair it wasn't gonna go all that far. We'd already broken up for unrelated reasons, and frankly, it's fine. She wasn't gonna stick around no matter what (she's at the point where she wants to be FAR away from her family) so frankly I just accepted it. Not like I'll never see her or talk to her again or anything.
Last edited by azumeow on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
LordMarluxia

Post by LordMarluxia »

azumeow wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote:What the fuck happened to Zarys... he sounds like a rabid lover in heat.
Lilly ending must have caused a great effect on him.

Hilariously enough, I just went through a Lilly neutral end with my ex. She's down in florida for college, and we still talk, but...that ship has sailed. It's unfortunate, but to be fair it wasn't gonna go all that far. We'd already broken up for unrelated reasons, and frankly, it's fine. She wasn't gonna stick around no matter what (she's at the point where she wants to be FAR away from her family) so frankly I just accepted it. Not like I'll never see her or talk to her again or anything.
My girlfriend is Romanian... and I think her parents want to go back to their country.
A while back I was freaked out that she was gonna bail on me but then she said that she wants to stay. Biggest scare of my life.

Also, you kind of just spoiler Lilly's normal ending. I haven't finished Lilly's route yet. I'm at the restaurant scene at the moment.

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Well, Zarys has a point though.
I shouldn't only be concerned about my feelings, what if it's even harder for her?
I invited her to my concert tomorrow, if she is there i'll go and talk to her, if not, well i might try and text her one more time, just to be 100% sure that i can move on