Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

danyo

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by danyo »

dunkelfalke wrote:No girl in the whole world is worth of a suicide, bro.
I totally agree with that, I don't think it was the girl neccesarely, I think it's what she meant to me. As in, all my plans for the future involved her, or rather, my whole future I had devoted to her and therefor, my life lost every meaning in one day, and that was a very brutal feeling.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Was similar in my case. Still, even without a future there are some things in the life that are enjoyable.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

danyo wrote:
dunkelfalke wrote:No girl in the whole world is worth of a suicide, bro.
I totally agree with that, I don't think it was the girl neccesarely, I think it's what she meant to me. As in, all my plans for the future involved her, or rather, my whole future I had devoted to her and therefor, my life lost every meaning in one day, and that was a very brutal feeling.
I dunno how similar it is, but if it's like getting disowned by my step father who raised me from infancy to 16, and experience being a divorce kid and moving, several times. Whole world uproots, and you really got no idea what's to come tomorrow, much less years from now. It'd be pretty soul crushing.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Your situation is way worse indeed. I probably had it quite relaxed compared to you.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

dunkelfalke wrote:Your situation is way worse indeed. I probably had it quite relaxed compared to you.

Oh I dunno, parental love is different than romantic love. I hear romantic can be quite a bit stronger. We never truly know what tomorrow hold anyway, only what we think we know. Pretty much one of the few lessons I got from my situation.
danyo

Post by danyo »

I'm not sure about parental love, my parents divorced before I was born. I lived with my mother and never saw the guy, but my mother got together with my now stephdad. But he's a major alcoholic, he never abused me, physically at least, but to him, I never existed. He never said anything good to me, and when he was drunk, he said things a parent should never say to his children, even if they're not technically yours. When I turned 16 or around that time at least, he pretty much stopped saying anything to me, since well, I turned out to be a pretty big guy, and he wasn't, and one night he decided he would start his shenanigans again, it got to much for me and I lifted him off his feet and could only barely restrain myself from beating the living daylight out of him ( I think the only reason I didn't was because my little sister was in the room aswell, she never had any problems with him since she was his own daughter and he loves her so much etc ). But yeah, since that day, we're living under the same roof, but we never talked again, like, literally. We didn't say anything to each other for years, still barely do, he doesn't eat at the table with us anymore either and stuff like that. So as far as parental love goes, mine is a bit scewed, though mother is a lovely person.

Before anyone asks, yes, she did want to leave several times, but, since she had no job, it wasn't an option unless we'd go to some sort of shelter, and she didn't wanna do that to us either. I stand by her decision, since, well, the damage had probably been done by that point, and he'd never physically hurt us, so it wouldn't have been possible to prove anything in court or something either.

huh, you know, I almost forgot about that part of my life, come to think off it, it was probably my ex that made me forgot all the bad things that happened before that since I could ignore them while I was with her and just be happy, but then she turned around and made me feel even worse then the times when my stephdad psychologically abused me.
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

I'm seeing a lot of stories about relationships now, so I'm going to jump into that discussion now, if I may. In 8th grade (because I wasn't interested in girls until then), there was a girl that I had a crush on. It was weird that I had a crush on this particular girl because I remember her being one of the bullies. We had two classes together, and I was always afraid to talk to her. In the 9th grade, she moved away, and I haven't seen her since. At some point later that year, I did see a girl that I recognized from elementary and middle school. As soon as I saw her, I started feeling the same way that I felt around the other girl, and I started to get a crush on her. I tried to go out of my way just to say "hi" to her, and I could hardly do that. And now, about 6 years later, I still haven't worked up the courage to talk to her about my feelings for her. She even has a boyfriend now, and it just makes me feel like I'll never get to be with her, and yet I can't see myself with anyone besides her.

As for everyone else who has posted their own stories, I would like to respond to them. I have read them, I just can't think of a good response at the moment.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
Raburesu

Post by Raburesu »

Crapbaskets, do I ever have a lot to catch up on. For now, I think I'll leave you all with some songs. :3

"So artists can't find romance, their favorite TV shows are canceled, or they die young because of an unspecified disease. It's a deep and mysterious law of the universe." - Rin
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

This is an interesting topic. Regardless, I'm worried it may become too popular.

We all have our own problems, darknesses, unhealing wounds, and so on. Probably why some of us hide away and play video games and visual novels a little too much. I guess there not many people who's life only consists of happiness, yet those who suffer just a little bit too much develop either a block from talking about it or, as long as it's anonimously on the Internet, a need to spill their guts out and complain.

Nothing wrong with this. Most people are not strong enough as to deal with everything themselves, and we often need support from others. There's nothing wrong with the topic either. I'm just worried too many people will post.

I'll try to read as many stories I can and provide any kind of support I can later on, if I find the time amongst the studies and such. As for my all stories... I've got a lot of mid-to-low-levels traumas that made me the unsightly person I am capable of being now, and the all too gentle and understanding person I can be, but that I try to supress unless dealing with my closest friends because I know that part of mine will probably end up being hurt if shown too often. I'm not sure if all this is worth posting in a thread where we had terrible breakups and suicide attempts.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
danyo

Post by danyo »

Rivan wrote:This is an interesting topic. Regardless, I'm worried it may become too popular.

We all have our own problems, darknesses, unhealing wounds, and so on. Probably why some of us hide away and play video games and visual novels a little too much. I guess there not many people who's life only consists of happiness, yet those who suffer just a little bit too much develop either a block from talking about it or, as long as it's anonimously on the Internet, a need to spill their guts out and complain.

Nothing wrong with this. Most people are not strong enough as to deal with everything themselves, and we often need support from others. There's nothing wrong with the topic either. I'm just worried too many people will post.

I'll try to read as many stories I can and provide any kind of support I can later on, if I find the time amongst the studies and such. As for my all stories... I've got a lot of mid-to-low-levels traumas that made me the unsightly person I am capable of being now, and the all too gentle and understanding person I can be, but that I try to supress unless dealing with my closest friends because I know that part of mine will probably end up being hurt if shown too often. I'm not sure if all this is worth posting in a thread where we had terrible breakups and suicide attempts.
I can see how you can be worried about it, but, I don't think there's to much wrong with it at all. Especially since these forums seem pretty troll free ( mostly ). Even if a lot of people post, I think in the end it'll benefit those people, and that's what matters. Sure, you can't reply to all posts, I tried to at first in the previous thread, but now I'm getting posts where i'm not sure what I should say, and that's fine I think. As long as people know that everything is read, it should be fine.

I also think if you feel like posting your story, go for it, it's definitly not a contest or anything, everyone has their problems and their own feelings, no one can judge for you how good or bad you should feel about it, only you can feel what you feel, if that makes any sense... :P
GaseousMask

Post by GaseousMask »

Rivan wrote:This is an interesting topic. Regardless, I'm worried it may become too popular.

I and maybe some other people, just find it to be better the more we're open about it and accept it. The more i tell my story to friends, people, etc. the better i feel about it and the easier i can put it behind me. Of course, others are different but this is how i find it for myself
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Well, I feel like if we get a larger amount of people, than it'll be easier to find someone who has had the same type of experiences. When that happens, I think that it would help us to find solutions to our own problems. I've noticed that a lot of the time, we can't find solutions for ourselves, but we can come up with solutions for others much more easily (if that makes sense). Also, if there are more people, the chances are higher that someone will be on the forum ready to read a story if one comes. I tend to stay up until about 4 in the morning local time, and by the time I go to sleep, nobody has been posting on the thread for a while. Even though I understand that it's hard to come up with responses sometimes, I can't help but think that I typed something stupid, and now people don't want to go to the thread (again, if that makes sense).
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I can't help but think that I typed something stupid, and now people don't want to go to the thread (again, if that makes sense).
Again, don't worry. I don't write much anymore because, frankly, I am not worthy. You guys had it so bad in comparison...
danyo

Post by danyo »

dunkelfalke wrote:
I can't help but think that I typed something stupid, and now people don't want to go to the thread (again, if that makes sense).
Again, don't worry. I don't write much anymore because, frankly, I am not worthy. You guys had it so bad in comparison...
I don't think that's true, it's like I said in my previous post, how you feel is how you feel, even though some things might seem worse then others, the results can be the same, or at least the emotions that go with it.

Besides, if you you think you're not worthy, then neither am I, bro ;)

I don't think you CAN type something stupid in this thread by the way...
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

danyo wrote:
dunkelfalke wrote:
I don't think that's true, it's like I said in my previous post, how you feel is how you feel, even though some things might seem worse then others, the results can be the same, or at least the emotions that go with it.

Besides, if you you think you're not worthy, then neither am I, bro ;)

I don't think you CAN type something stupid in this thread by the way...
I've read most of the posts you two have made, in this thread at least (tho i couldn't come up with a decent responses to them, sorry about that). And personally i don't see anything stupid about them. It's good to type out what you feel, that's why we are here for, arent' we? I don't think anyone here will judge you no matter what.

I know my word doesn't mean anything to you, since i'm just another random person here after all, but as far as i'm concerned, you are worthy, both of you! :D
Last edited by Valtameri on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer