Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Charmant

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Charmant »

LilyKitsune wrote:
Charmant wrote:
Ibinsned wrote:Yeah, I'm on the swim team and stuff.

I dunno, its just crazy how many people there are in the world, yet we can still feel alone.
You mean "lonely". Alone is just being by yourself. Lonely is being alone and not wanting it. The difference is worth remembering. There can be much value in being alone at times.
<.<

You're the guy that corrects someone doubled over in pain saying they feel nauseous to "you mean nauseated" and then gets vomited on.
Nah, I'm the guy who gives puzzled looks at people who act like teaching people what words mean is a problem. It's 2014. Leave the anti-intellectualism at the door.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

Nah, I'm the guy who gives puzzled looks at people who act like teaching people what words mean is a problem. It's 2014. Leave the anti-intellectualism at the door.
Time and a place. Not anti intellectualism.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:
Ibinsned wrote:Yeah, I'm on the swim team and stuff.

I dunno, its just crazy how many people there are in the world, yet we can still feel alone.
You mean "lonely". Alone is just being by yourself. Lonely is being alone and not wanting it. The difference is worth remembering. There can be much value in being alone at times.
Actually, you can indeed feel alone in a crowd. There's this odd sensation that everyone else is an illusion or intangible, and that the only real person is yourself. It's not quite solipsism—it's something odd that you do feel. I don't feel as if I need company, so I don't think I'm feeling lonely. But I do feel 'alone' as in singular and with no useful or meaningful interaction options (not that I really want them) at times.

(Of course, there's also the fact that 'lonely' only meant a dejected need for company from about 1811. Prior to that it just meant 'alone'.)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Ibinsned

Post by Ibinsned »

I like German better than English. Makes more sense.

Can I not feel "alone"? As in, my thoughts and ideas. I'm not really sure I would say that its amazing how lonely we can be with so many people in the world. Its more amazing that we're so individual in our world, and thus "alone".)

Uh, anyway. I broke down a bit today. I got in an argument with my oldest friend over something stupid, ended up walking around school and crying for a good forty five minutes. He... Said some things, and I feel more forgotten than ever. I think he forgets sometimes that I react poorly to alot of stuff, especially considering yesterday.

Sooo, bad day. Wrote a bit, ended up getting a hug from the girl I can never have, and talked to a friend for a bit. I feel better now, but pretty damn tired.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

With the introduction of social media, I think we are more alone than ever, while still being "connected." It seems empty. And I didn't even see it until after I got out of high school.
Ibinsned wrote:(Last Post)
Well, good on you for writing. It's something I wished I did back then, as it helps me a lot now.

As for me, trying to start a relationship while having GAD is being a pain, especially with juggling work and school. At least the last attempt ended amicably. :? I guess it's something that will come eventually.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Ibinsned

Post by Ibinsned »

That's a good way to look at things.

I hope things go well for you in relationships.

(Also, forgive me for asking, but what is GAD?)
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Not fun stuff, for sure. Been getting help with that consistently though, so it isn't dragging me down like it used to do. Was a lot worse back in grade school.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Ibinsned

Post by Ibinsned »

Velitation wrote:Snippy snip
Ah, that makes sense. Didn't know it had an abbreviation TBH.

Sorry to hear that. But at least its improving, which is an upside.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

Tomorrow i go for a consult to have ny nose done. It's terrifying. Not the process, but the idea that even after it i may remain still too ugly for anyone. I'm not sure if i could take that realization.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

LilyKitsune wrote:Tomorrow i go for a consult to have ny nose done. It's terrifying. Not the process, but the idea that even after it i may remain still too ugly for anyone. I'm not sure if i could take that realization.
Hope that turned out well. Even if it's been like a month....

It's been a while since my last post, and I'm sure you're all absolutely not wondering how my life has been going!

My ex and I had what I hope will be our final fight. Long story short, she told me that she doesn't believe that our friends (yeah, turns out she's buddy-buddy with the guys) tried to rape me. That was a hell of a revelation. Then she texted me saying we shouldn't talk any more. Put a fork in it, it's done.

But that wasn't her? She says it wasn't. Claims her boyfriend probably did it. After a while, she got pissy at me because I was starting to accept that it was done and over and wanted to just part ways, so I went HAM on her. Called her out for her shit, while all she had to say was that I'm miserable and angry. Well, yes, I am miserable. You were part of the reason for that, genius. The thing is, she's always going to be a massive, manipulative bitch, whereas I've already made great strides in letting go of my anger, as evidenced by the fact that I kinda just said this stuff. I wasn't raging, shaking or screaming. I just laid it out bare on the table why she was a shitty person.
Eurobeatjester wrote:As someone who has been in a similar situation, azumeow, I have to ask (and I apologize if this comes across the wrong way):

Are you sure you're in love with her or are you in love with the ideal of her and what she represents?
300% correct, my friend. I even told HER that. The person I loved doesn't exist, and in her place was just a carbon fucking copy of another bitch ex I had who just stringed me along and manipulated me.

When I got a decent thing, I fuck it up. When I don't, I find fucked up things. Maybe being single for so long is a blessing in disguise? Who knows. I'm in therapy again, so...yeah, there's that. Hopefully that'll help. Got a job that pays absurdly well for an entry-level position. Gonna actually own a car, even if it's a total piece of shit. It's not all bad, just...yeah.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Azumeow, I can't imagine what you're feeling. I know what it's like to love and lose someone (I'll get to that) and it isn't fun. I do think it'd be a good idea if you guys never reconnected though, it's been my observation and experience that when there is that much animosity and frustration/history between two people, it can never work out in the end.

LilyKitsune, I may be wrong about this, but I strongly recommend that you don't get some kind of plastic surgery because you think you're ugly. If there's another reason (I couldn't real all 300 pages of this thread, sorry) then by all means, but part of learning how to be happy is learning to accept yourself for who you are, because if you don't love and accept yourself, then how can you expect someone else to? Besides that, I think Ron White had a really good point when he said "You can't fix stupid." I may be looking too deeply into a comedian's joke, but what I read in that is that what's really important is personality. Looks are chosen for you, they don't make you who you are. But you can choose your personality.

Okay, so, that being said, get ready for a really long and incredibly depressing story.

It's hard to find a starting point. My parents got divorced when I was 10 years old. My mom got up and went to work like everything was normal, except she didn't come home that day. Or the next. For two weeks, we didn't hear a word. Then my dad got a phone call from her, asking for a divorce. She gave up all rights to me, my brother, and my sister. I didn't see her again for almost a year, when I guess she had a sudden attack of conscience or something and started taking us to wherever she happened to live at the time (it was always different) for the ENTIRE summer between school years.

The above alone was pretty difficult for me. I'm the youngest of my siblings and prior to the divorce I was a "mama's boy". Then stealing me away from my home for the entireity of summer break every year throughout middle and most of high school... I hated it. The whole ordeal fucked me up, I have problems dealing with females in general, not just romantically. But that's not the end... it's just the beginning.

My dad never remarried, and only had casual relationships so I never had another mother figure, apart from maybe my older sister. He had to work a lot to support three kids, and the stress was literally tearing him apart. Because we were all really fucking depressed, my siblings and me were really lethargic, unmotivated, lazy. It was hard for my dad to enforce anything because he was working so much, so when he came home and the house was a mess, he'd scream at us until he was hoarse and then he'd invite a few friends over and they'd all go into his room (we weren't allowed in his room) and smoke weed all night.

Not done yet, not by a long shot.

When I was in 8th grade, I met this girl. She wasn't particularly pretty, but she was hilarious and quirky in a way that I liked. I have always been extremely shy (until recently, that is) so I never asked her out or anything. She was a grade behind me though, so I went to high school and more or less forgot about her. Then when she came to high school, she sought me out and found me. I fell in love pretty quickly, but still couldn't manage to say anything for a long time. When I did, her response was "We're too good of friends to go out" but later that same year, she started dating one of her other good guy friends. She always acted really close to me, like walking arm-in-arm with me anytime we were together, and on cold mornings we would cuddle, she told me she loved me more than any other person on this planet except for her mother, but adamantly refused to go out with me. Because I have emotional problems, I couldn't cope with it. When one of her friends accidentally revealed to me that she smoked weed, I cut her off. Complete silent treatment. I ignored her existence, and surprisingly, she only tried a total of two times to reach out to me. The second time was weak. Knowing what I know now, I really should have stuck to my guns... but I couldn't. I thought about her every day, I had dreams about her, everything reminded me of her. That went on for over six months before I finally broke. I started talking to her again and at first it went really well, she had quit smoking weed and was making concerted efforts to become a better person. For a few brief moments I thought maybe she'd changed her mind about me, but that wasn't the case. So for most of high school I was smitten; thus leaving me no opportunity to try at a relationship with anyone else. During my senior year, we skipped classes after lunch and went to a mutual friend's house, where she and I laid in a bed and cuddled and fell asleep in each other's arms. At that point, it was the happiest day of my life. It still didn't mean anything to her, in fact she had a boyfriend at the time. After I graduated high school, we lost contact. I thought about her almost every day, and I had dreams about her a lot. This part isn't over but stuff happened in between.

It took me years to regain enough emotional balance to even begin to like anyone else. When I was 21 I started dating one of my sisters friends, and it went well at first. I had a lot of firsts with this chick, and then after we'd been dating for about two months we went out to a bar (I didn't want to, she forced me. I'm very introverted.) I was kind of broke but she begged me to buy her just ONE drink, which I very reluctantly agreed to do. She ordered three altogether, and I didn't know about the other two until I went to pay because she didn't spend a lot of time around me while we were at the bar. I fell asleep on her couch as soon as we got back because it was super late, and she woke me up after I'd only been asleep for three hours by jumping on top of me (she was short, but large. It hurt.) and yelling something about me being lazy. My brother and I don't react well to being woken up during the night. My brother has been known to punch and kick people who try to wake him up. I scream. She broke down in tears and told me that I was just like her ex-husband (who repeatedly raped and abused her) and we couldn't be together anymore. I can't say I loved her, but I did care for her deeply and being told that I was just like a rapist and woman-beater hurt like hell.

Very shortly after that, on my birthday as a matter of fact, I got an email from the first girl saying that she wanted to meet up, which I was super excited about. After high school I tried everything I knew to track her down, but failed miserably. Turns out she had gotten pregnant shortly after she graduated and moved halfway across the country, but had recently moved back. She named her son after me. That first time we hung out, I thought I could finally let her go. The fuzzy feelings werent there, she had changed, I had changed, etc. But after we hung out a few more times, it was back full force. When we'd met up the first time, she explained to me that she was living with the father of her child out of convenience, and for the sake of their son. She strongly gave me the impression that they were not in a relationship. I was a lot less shy by then, so I just ballsed up and told her I wanted her. She said she still didn't feel that way about me, but she said some other weird things that I still don't understand to this day. The next time we were hanging out, she sat in my lap (which wasn't necessarily uncommon) there was a lull in conversation where we were just looking at each other, and I swear... I heard her voice in my head. In my head, she said "Kiss me" ...so I did. We ended up making out for... I don't even know how long. It was a long time. Monday, Dec. 6th 2010 that was. I wont ever forget it. Just like the day we cuddled during my senior year: Friday, February 15th 2008. We.. kind of had a relationship at that point. I say kind of, because a few weeks later I found out that she had mislead me about her son's father in the most horrific way. See, the guy worked two jobs so he was never at home, so I only met him like twice. She hated him. So one day I went with her while she was running some errands and he called to have her bring something to him at work. He came out to get it and when they parted, he kissed her and said "I love you" to which she replied "I love you too."

I didn't even care. I knew she hated him and I thought she really cared for me, we had conversations about this mystical "flow" that existed between us. We never got intimate physically, but we came close quite a few times. The first time, she tried to seduce me. I refused on the grounds that we weren't in a relationship, and to this day I regret that very very much. The longer our pseudo-relationship went on, the more it bothered me what I was doing to her son's father. I liked him, I really did. He was a good father, a really nice guy. It came to a head when my brother described his own situation which mirrored my own, except he was the one who was being lied to by a girl whom he had a kid with and he suspected that she was seeing guys while he was working two jobs to support his 'family'...

We had a falling out. She told me that it never meant anything, that she was just trying to make me happy, and she wanted to know what it was like, with me. We didn't talk again for a long time. We both moved, she got married to that guy she hates for the sake of their children. I sent her a message on facebook about a year ago and she lashed out at me pretty hard. Said she hated me and a bunch of other really mean things, then a few weeks later apologized for having such an "extreme reaction" We exchanged a few weird messages before I finally just told her to never talk to me again. The really fucked up part is... despite what advice I'll give to others, if she sent me a message saying she'd divorced that guy and wanted to give "us" a shot, I would pick up from where I'm at almost 2700 miles away and come running full speed. I still think about her a lot, and I have dreams about her most nights. The dreams themselves are really good dreams. Usually we cuddle or kiss or just talk (never had a sex dream about her, my feelings for her aren't very physical) but then I wake up to this shitty reality where I'm completelty alone and it just breaks me.

I had another girlfriend before I moved that I dated for about five months. Everything was great, I thought, she had told me that I was the most amazing person she had ever met among other praises, but then one day I couldn't get a hold of her. This lasted for about two weeks until I finally just decided to show up at her house (she lived with her parents) uninvited, which is something I don't ever do, and she completely ignored me. Once I finally got her to acknowledge my existence, she said she lost her phone and had just found it that day. A likely excuse, right? I bought it though, foolishly. Still couldn't get in contact with her for a few days, and when I finally just sent a text saying "We need to talk" she waited until she knew I was at work and sent me a text saying she couldn't do it anymore, was too busy to be in a relationship. It was very similar to how my mom left my dad. I really, really loved her. I know we weren't together for long, but I still wonder sometimes what happened. She refused to have any interaction with me after that.

The only (and I hesitate to use this word) normal relationship I've ever had was my last one which was over two years ago. We only dated for about two months. At first I liked her, but quickly I found her very annoying. I decided to stick it out a bit to see if it could work, but she was falling for me hard and fast so I had to end it. However, my previous relationship had taught me how damaging it can be to just dump someone cold-heartedly so I sat her down and explained to her why I didn't want to be in a relationship with her. She cried but all in all it went well and I even got break up sex.

I can't bring myself to care for another woman. Sure, I'm attracted to them, but I never act on it. It doesn't help that I'm kind of a sociopath. When I was 17 I saw my sister crying and I just felt awkward. I didn't feel bad for her, I didn't want to know what happened, I just didn't know what to do. That kind of inappropriate emotional reaction (or lack thereof) happens to me often, which is why I said I have emotional problems.

I still have dreams about the girl I met in 8th grade to this day. Had one last night, as a matter of fact. I don't have a very good job, so I couldn't go visit my family for christmas or thanksgiving. I only bought one christmas present (for my best friend who lives two hours away and hates non-personal communication) and it broke me so bad that I couldn't eat for a few days. The only reason I have internet is because my apartment complex provides it for free.

And so... there it is. There's more but I assume I've taken up too much space already.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

azumeow wrote:Maybe being single for so long is a blessing in disguise? Who knows.
I for one think being single is a blessing. Of course, my opinion of the matter has been tainted by the experiences of my older brother. Over the years, my brother has been married four times to three different women. The first one was a royal dog who divorced him because he objected to her adultery with the married half of the community we live in. The second and third wives were a little better, but still of such quality to drive any rational observer to celibacy...
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Jack, damn. Just...damn. I really don't know what to say to that. It mirrors my own situation in a few ways, but...jesus.

And Oscar, yeah. My half brothers both got engaged like two years ago. One of the relationships didn't make it to the wedding, and the other pretty much ended a few months ago. And with all the bullshit some of my exes have put me through, I still wonder if I'll ever have a decent relationship any time soon.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
AlexKidd

Post by AlexKidd »

Jack I understand you so much, not the same events for me but I can relate.
I'd say you should block everything she could do to contact you (block her facebook, phone, email, etc...) if you feel you can.

It's what I've done with "that" girl - even though she tired to keep in touch - and now I can see here when I meet my college's friends with no feelings, may be a bit of hatred, but it's better than the contrary.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Jack, Azumeow,

I don't even know where to begin, I suppose sorry would be a good start. I'm sorry for how bad humanity can be, I'm sorry for how shit those people were to you guys. I'm not even close to a religious guy(I don't believe, because I don't really care), but if there is a god, a Buddha, or a spaghetti monster out there; I pray that they give you the happiness and loyalty you two deserve. Thanks for telling us, I'm sure it must have been hard. We'll be here for you guys, al of us..the Big Katawa Shoujo family :)

Akira once said "But that's how life is. You can't just set your life up and expect it to stay that way forever; sometimes stuff happens that you have to roll with, even if it means hurting yourself or others.".

The words that haunt us all, stuff happens. Unfortunately stuff happens, whether good or bad. All you can hope for is that the shit storm will end, and you can see the sun again. :)