Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zykes

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Zykes »

I think in the recent years of my life, finding a place for myself to recover from my broken heart has been very tricky.

I'm not sure if I have such a specific want in my life that I'm unable to find it, or if I am too uncertain about what I really want in the end.

I've seen myself I'd like a really nice girl, but then find myself hating someone too submissive or too willing, and want someone more free-willed.
That leads to someone being too unwilling to compromise. (Of course this is just an one example of several things I'm unsure about)

A first relationship always seems to hit so hard when things don't end up working out, even more so if it's lasted over 5 years.

I don't think it would be so bad, except when you see a lot of other people have their happy days with someone else, it just drains you inside and such. (This has a more negative effect I believe at much greater lengths of time.)
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I know how you feel. Last Sunday marked one year since my girlfriend of over 11 years got on a plane and was gone.

You can never forget them, but you can find a new space in your heart for someone new who will make you happy. How long until you feel ready for that is up to you.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

metalangel wrote:I know how you feel. Last Sunday marked one year since my girlfriend of over 11 years got on a plane and was gone.
Oh, I'm sorry, my sincere condolences. :(

metalangel wrote:
You can never forget them, but you can find a new space in your heart for someone new who will make you happy. How long until you feel ready for that is up to you.
But it would be sad to forget all people that we have loved, no ? :)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

metalangel wrote:
You can never forget them, but you can find a new space in your heart for someone new who will make you happy.
This is even more true with First loves, because of how attached you can get.

I know that I want to move on, but I haven't really found anyone that has clicked just yet.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

The loneliness is painful in itself, especially if you're used to having someone around.

I don't think there's any need to rush. Do your best to enjoy the freedom of being single, meet lots of people, have fun. There's a lot of people out there who just won't click, and others who seem to click at first...
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

metalangel wrote:The loneliness is painful in itself, especially if you're used to having someone around.

I don't think there's any need to rush. Do your best to enjoy the freedom of being single, meet lots of people, have fun. There's a lot of people out there who just won't click, and others who seem to click at first...
I don't know if I've always been like this, or rather once my relationship ended, it came up front, but I've become more apathetic to most things.

And I would suppose that eventually has given a lot of people I've met the view that I'm an asshole. (I would say this isn't really the case though)

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

It sounds like you're a bit depressed. Being down and unhappy tends to put people off, yes.
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

metalangel wrote:It sounds like you're a bit depressed. Being down and unhappy tends to put people off, yes.
This was believed, but I could not completely accept my self-analysis.

azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Another one of those night. Where I just....I'm just sitting here, stewing in my fury. I can't....I just don't get it. I don't get how people can pretend they care, but they clearly don't. Especially when they call out your roommate's name during sex.

I'm glad I'm not as vengeful as I once was, or else things would be really, really ugly for everybody involved.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

azumeow wrote:Another one of those night. Where I just....I'm just sitting here, stewing in my fury. I can't....I just don't get it. I don't get how people can pretend they care, but they clearly don't. Especially when they call out your roommate's name during sex.

I'm glad I'm not as vengeful as I once was, or else things would be really, really ugly for everybody involved.
There's always going to be "those" people. What's important is that you don't let them get to you, and you cut that kind of negativity out from your life.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

azumeow wrote:Another one of those night. Where I just....I'm just sitting here, stewing in my fury. I can't....I just don't get it. I don't get how people can pretend they care, but they clearly don't. Especially when they call out your roommate's name during sex.

It's quite easy. It just takes a flexible sense of conscience, a lack of one, a sufficient degree of detachment or just outright being a sociopath.
I'm infinitely more puzzled as to how one calls out the wrong name...I mean, unless the sex is just crazy good (and kudos if that is the case), one's presence of mind surely shouldn't slip that much...
And revenge is exhausting but somebody involved should at least get punched in the face (that fury needs an outlet). 'Cause that sounds pretty fucked up. Followed, of course, by reasonable measures to either correct or remove those influences.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I can't advise anything too drastic for both of our sakes, and I don't want to tell you what to do, but if I'm being honest, sometimes I think things need to get really, really ugly if they're ever going to get better.

In any case, that's not something you just let go of.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Yeah, I'm not just gonna let go, but frankly, I'm still not enough of a dick to start throwing our dirty laundry all around. I almost did hit her, but I try not to be that kind of person. Besides, if I did hit her, I'd lose all sympathy for being a violent oppressive male (the club we met through has a VERY strong feminist presence, and I have a tricky balance as is, because most people in that club despise my roommate.)

Khal, as for the slip....it just might be that it was that good, but since she refused to ever tell me what things were going through her mind, I have decided to assume the worst. Plenty of her other actions indicate that's the case.

I haven't spoken to her in a while. I don't go out of my way to speak to her. We went to a party, played nice, I hid my hatred (I think she's caught on to the fact that I despise her), and didn't ruin everything. She still sees herself as some kind of victim, but frankly, I just don't want to deal with her crap. Unfortunately, she's a huge part of my social life (being party to both our club and the after-club activities) so it's either
1) I suck it up and just deal with it
2) I throw everything that happened to the wind and deal with the bullshit
3) I give up all of my social life and friends

As I said before, I'm not enough of a dick for two, and I'm not stupid enough for three. Leaving one. I simply have to be the bigger person. I knew what would happen if I got involved with this girl, and it happened. I'm annoyed at her, but I'm still annoyed at myself for not accepting the signs for what they were.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

azumeow wrote:Besides, if I did hit her, I'd lose all sympathy for being a violent oppressive male
I've always loved this one. The best part is, if she hit you while playing the victim, suddenly she'd be a strong woman who doesn't need no man. Beautiful, that is.

People like her and your roommate are trash, and I'm sorry you got caught up in it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

SpunkySix wrote:
azumeow wrote:Besides, if I did hit her, I'd lose all sympathy for being a violent oppressive male
I've always loved this one. The best part is, if she hit you while playing the victim, suddenly she'd be a strong woman who doesn't need no man. Beautiful, that is.

People like her and your roommate are trash, and I'm sorry you got caught up in it.
Eh, my roommate has been absolved of his part in all this. The circumstances are ugly and stupid, but basically she tricked him into thinking them sleeping together was fine. Five or six panicked phone calls and a panic attack later, he found out that it wasn't, and he was probably angrier than I was.

It's funny, I'm slowly becoming kind of misogynistic because of chicks like her. But a different ex is one of the reasons I can at least hope that once I'm out of college or something, I won't be surrounded by cock-hungry whores.

Oh, and before anybody accuses me of sexism for that last comment, the guys are even worse. I don't mind people who want to sleep with everyone around them: people who do it despite being in a committed relationship are the ones I hate. Hilariously enough, my roommate ISN'T one of those people.