Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Potato »

Pyramid Head wrote:So i've been kind of stressed lately. Computer and internet troubles galore, and i'm still at the tender mercy of government agencies even though i am now a professionally trained cook. So, what better way to blow off steam than go through Katawa Shoujo for the first time in over a year?
Oh, why look at that! IT KEEPS CRASHING WHENEVER I TRY TO GO THROUGH THE FULL STORY INSTEAD OF JUST DIGGING UP EXCERPTS FROM THE LIBRARY MODE!

...i blame Google.
Delete, re-download and install it. Failing that, BURN THE NEAREST GOVERNMENT BUILDING TO THE GROUND! :twisted:

Ahem...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Potato wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:So i've been kind of stressed lately. Computer and internet troubles galore, and i'm still at the tender mercy of government agencies even though i am now a professionally trained cook. So, what better way to blow off steam than go through Katawa Shoujo for the first time in over a year?
Oh, why look at that! IT KEEPS CRASHING WHENEVER I TRY TO GO THROUGH THE FULL STORY INSTEAD OF JUST DIGGING UP EXCERPTS FROM THE LIBRARY MODE!

...i blame Google.
Delete, re-download and install it. Failing that, BURN THE NEAREST GOVERNMENT BUILDING TO THE GROUND! :twisted:

Ahem...
Comrade approves
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Wait, I'd think you would want it to be the nearest corporate building, not the nearest government building...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Burning buildings

Guys, stahp. Pls.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

bhtooefr wrote:Wait, I'd think you would want it to be the nearest corporate building, not the nearest government building...
Stay away from politics, layman
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

I...just need to vent a little. Here goes.

PTSD. Chronic Depression. Possible (extremely likely, really) Fibromyalgia. Late nights where I do whatever I can to keep my thoughts in "safe" places. Not to mention the constant feelings of inadequacy, guilt over every imperfection, and loneliness while at the same time I'm desperately trying to keep everybody at arm's length.

I feel like Hisao, Emi and Hanako all rolled into one. I was hanging out with friends last night when, woops, have to sit down, breath slow, because it feels like my heart is getting stabbed. Friends start arguing? Well.....they deserve at least this much. Forced myself to fight off a flashback so I could try to bridge the gap in their understanding, and I doubt it even made a real difference.

I'm tired. So. Fucking. Tired. Tired of going to work only to have the students ask me why I'm limping, or why I'm grabbing at my chest like-

Ha. Yep. Of course. OF COURSE IT FUCKING HAPPENS AS I'M TYPING THIS OUT!!!! Whew. Sorry. Grabbing at my chest like I'm having a god-damned heart attack. Usually they're good about leaving it alone. Most people are. When I get the thousand-yard stare or whatever.

Most people. I tend to lose focus in conversations when my mind wanders. Part of the coping mechanisms, but it makes long conversations that I'm not enthralled about difficult. Now imagine how hard it is to maintain a decent relationship. I'm an insensitive ass, because I spend all of my time thinking about my own -numerous- issues.

My medication makes it impossible to maintain a decent sex drive or to even have half-decent sex when my libido actually shows up. I can barely feel a god damned thing and I have yet to reach the "end" any time I have intercourse. But I can handle myself perfectly. Manual and oral stimulation has worked, but even then the successes I can count on less than a hand. I had one insipid ex mention this to a bunch of people in our school. Luckily I'd already graduated, but boy was that one great to hear about!

I hate my life sometimes, guys. But whatever. I'm okay, which is the weirdest part. This is, honestly, almost nothing compared to what I used to feel.

And therein lies the problem. When progress is such a shithole, it just feels like there's so little hope. At least I can't give up.

Sorry that this is so disjointed. I do that a lot. Like I said, my mind wanders a lot. So....yeah. That's azumeow....
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

azumeow wrote: I hate my life sometimes, guys. But whatever. I'm okay, which is the weirdest part. This is, honestly, almost nothing compared to what I used to feel.

And therein lies the problem. When progress is such a shithole, it just feels like there's so little hope. At least I can't give up.

Sorry that this is so disjointed. I do that a lot. Like I said, my mind wanders a lot. So....yeah. That's azumeow....
I hope writing this out helped you, disjointed or not. Whatever's keeping you going, whether or not it's hope...I like it. It's really great that despite all the shit life's thrown at you, you know that you can't give up. Even if that attitude falters at times, the fact that you're still here definitely says something about your strength.
I'm ending this post with few choice words by Allie Brosh.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Gamera Ramen wrote:
azumeow wrote: I hate my life sometimes, guys. But whatever. I'm okay, which is the weirdest part. This is, honestly, almost nothing compared to what I used to feel.

I hope writing this out helped you, disjointed or not. Whatever's keeping you going, whether or not it's hope...I like it. It's really great that despite all the shit life's thrown at you, you know that you can't give up. Even if that attitude falters at times, the fact that you're still here definitely says something about your strength.
I'm ending this post with few choice words by Allie Brosh.
I think Allie Brosh is my spirit animal.

Sorry to hear about all that azumeow. I know the feelings, if not quite in the same way. Still though, as was pointed out... the good thing is that not everything sucks. I hate hearing that everything will work out just fine, because that's a goddamn lie and we both know it, but I have a feeling that enough will work out to make keeping going worth it, and maybe that's all we can really hope for at this point.
Potato

Post by Potato »

azumeow wrote:I had one insipid ex mention this to a bunch of people in our school.
Woooow, what a cunt.

Gamera's right. Some things aren't hopeless bullshit. Focus on those things.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Thanks folks. And yeah, not everything is hopeless bullshit, which is good. I wanna see my college friends again. Venting was nice.

Finally had a major attack at work. Ah, the look people get. I hate it. I hate being looked at like I'm broken-mainly because it reminds me that I am, as a matter of fact, pretty damn broken. Physically if not emotionally. Like, this one was the worst yet, and it's still going on after about four and a half hours or so. I fell at one point and just spent a good few minutes trying to get to my painkillers. It's frustrating being powerless like that. I had to choose between laying on the ground, or making the pain even worse by trying to force myself through it to get up. I can say with at least some pride that I managed to get up.

And yes, Potato, she was definitely no angel.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

azumeow wrote: PTSD. Chronic Depression. Possible (extremely likely, really) Fibromyalgia. Late nights where I do whatever I can to keep my thoughts in "safe" places. Not to mention the constant feelings of inadequacy, guilt over every imperfection, and loneliness while at the same time I'm desperately trying to keep everybody at arm's length.
You have my complete sympathy. I have a friend who has all of those... along with BPD.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

Im starting an antidepressant soon. Im a little excited, but mostly terrified. I really do hate this voice that constantly convinces me how repulsive I am, and how nobody will ever want me and ill die alone never knowing the feeling of even a real hug. I'm kinda tall, and unattractive, but the big problem is that I am trans. All of these combined have been the source of endless rejection for a person who was already unwanted. I'm afraid the pills won't turn that voice down, or it will turn the wrong voice down, the one that makes me afraid to end it all. I worry that maybe theyll do nothing, but going off them will be worse. it just hurts so much to be alone for something I cant do anything about. Something I cant control. Something that will never change. And I cant take it.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

LilyKitsune wrote:Im starting an antidepressant soon. Im a little excited, but mostly terrified. I really do hate this voice that constantly convinces me how repulsive I am, and how nobody will ever want me and ill die alone never knowing the feeling of even a real hug. I'm kinda tall, and unattractive, but the big problem is that I am trans. All of these combined have been the source of endless rejection for a person who was already unwanted. I'm afraid the pills won't turn that voice down, or it will turn the wrong voice down, the one that makes me afraid to end it all. I worry that maybe theyll do nothing, but going off them will be worse. it just hurts so much to be alone for something I cant do anything about. Something I cant control. Something that will never change. And I cant take it.
I take a sort of antidepressant, and I can say that personally, it doesn't fix everything, but it does help. The chances of it going wrong are super small and they basically only say that it's possible for legal reasons. If you don't mind saying, what kind are you using?
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

LilyKitsune wrote:Im starting an antidepressant soon. Im a little excited, but mostly terrified. I really do hate this voice that constantly convinces me how repulsive I am, and how nobody will ever want me and ill die alone never knowing the feeling of even a real hug. I'm kinda tall, and unattractive, but the big problem is that I am trans. All of these combined have been the source of endless rejection for a person who was already unwanted. I'm afraid the pills won't turn that voice down, or it will turn the wrong voice down, the one that makes me afraid to end it all. I worry that maybe theyll do nothing, but going off them will be worse. it just hurts so much to be alone for something I cant do anything about. Something I cant control. Something that will never change. And I cant take it.
I know these words will come off as hollow from behind a computer. But I feel the need to say them nonetheless: you are not unwanted. You may feel this way. The people around you may treat you this way, but you are not. I felt this way about myself for a long time. I never identified as trans, but I suffered from gender identity issues for a while. I considered severe self-mutilation to "fix" the "problem." I was able to reconcile my gender identity without being transgender, but I know many people do not have the luxury of doing so. I have had transgender friends, and their words ring true and they echo what you are saying. I had one try to kill herself because she was so depressed.

As for the antidepressants, I understand how you're feeling. I lost a few friends from dropping that bomb. Wasn't pretty, wasn't fun. But in the end, it was well worth it. The anti-depressants that I take are the only reason I can even get up in the morning at this point, and even that's not always a thing that happens. If they don't help within 6-8 weeks (it's a long time, but that's how long it can end up taking) don't get discouraged. It can take a long time to even find one that works for you, and that's only if you're super unlucky. I got lucky and my first prescription did wonders.

As for the suicidal thoughts, I know a few words and a comforting little essay won't stop that. But you should be aware that there are crisis hotlines available 24/7 if you need them, both by phone and by computer. I was chatting with a "hope coach" from 4-5 AM after I had a fight with my ex and I started feeling suicidal. It helped a LOT. And if you can open up to them, they're very helpful. They don't judge (at least they never have for me) and they try to offer advice, but at the same time are also willing to just let you vent. Just remember: suicide just means that the last thoughts you have will be terrible. Not doing it at least gives you a shot at life getting better. It takes hard, hard work to crawl back to the surface after you've fallen far enough, believe me. It's been five years and I'm still only a few feet from the point of no return. But I'm climbing. Sometimes you just have to put on foot in front of the other, even if it hurts and you can't see relief. I've had to do that literally and figuratively, and each time it only helped. Yes, it was painful, but the relief I got when I reached my destination was beyond worth it.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

azumeow wrote: I know these words will come off as hollow from behind a computer. But I feel the need to say them nonetheless: you are not unwanted. You may feel this way. The people around you may treat you this way, but you are not. I felt this way about myself for a long time. I never identified as trans, but I suffered from gender identity issues for a while. I considered severe self-mutilation to "fix" the "problem." I was able to reconcile my gender identity without being transgender, but I know many people do not have the luxury of doing so. I have had transgender friends, and their words ring true and they echo what you are saying. I had one try to kill herself because she was so depressed.

As for the antidepressants, I understand how you're feeling. I lost a few friends from dropping that bomb. Wasn't pretty, wasn't fun. But in the end, it was well worth it. The anti-depressants that I take are the only reason I can even get up in the morning at this point, and even that's not always a thing that happens. If they don't help within 6-8 weeks (it's a long time, but that's how long it can end up taking) don't get discouraged. It can take a long time to even find one that works for you, and that's only if you're super unlucky. I got lucky and my first prescription did wonders.

As for the suicidal thoughts, I know a few words and a comforting little essay won't stop that. But you should be aware that there are crisis hotlines available 24/7 if you need them, both by phone and by computer. I was chatting with a "hope coach" from 4-5 AM after I had a fight with my ex and I started feeling suicidal. It helped a LOT. And if you can open up to them, they're very helpful. They don't judge (at least they never have for me) and they try to offer advice, but at the same time are also willing to just let you vent. Just remember: suicide just means that the last thoughts you have will be terrible. Not doing it at least gives you a shot at life getting better. It takes hard, hard work to crawl back to the surface after you've fallen far enough, believe me. It's been five years and I'm still only a few feet from the point of no return. But I'm climbing. Sometimes you just have to put on foot in front of the other, even if it hurts and you can't see relief. I've had to do that literally and figuratively, and each time it only helped. Yes, it was painful, but the relief I got when I reached my destination was beyond worth it.
I am, though. Physically. I've just consistently been reminded of this. Over and over. The only people dont reject me for those reasons are the types who arent actually attracted to me, but to the hope that I'd be able to fix them entirely. I know I'm hard on myself and really feel I'm unwanted, but I keep moving forward however I can. While I'm not in the best position, I do have my own place and a crappy job I keep working. Its a problem I'll address after I finish transition, but I have not given up on everything. And yet I keep running into those who have. They convince themselves that if they had someone, they'd be able to do everything instantly. They want someone to rescue them, and dump their entire life onto like a responsibility. It's all kinds of wrong. But these are the only people that dont run screaming. And it hurts and feels horribly guilty to say no to someone that claims to want me then proceeds to say theyre upper 20s, never had a job, no hobbies, have no passion for anything, say they'll like whatever I like, and feel that being told to love someone and making them your only purpose for living is the same as loving them. So when I say I'm unwanted, I mean that this is the only kind of person that wants me how I am now. The rest want some alternative version of me that is more attractive or is, as they've often put it, a "real girl" like what I am isn't even human. I'm just part. A quality part, as they were often drawn in by that, but missing what I would need to be wanted. Something I cant fix.
SpunkySix wrote:
I take a sort of antidepressant, and I can say that personally, it doesn't fix everything, but it does help. The chances of it going wrong are super small and they basically only say that it's possible for legal reasons. If you don't mind saying, what kind are you using?
I'm not sure, I havent started yet.