Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

wazuzu

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by wazuzu »

I might be touching a troublesome topic here, but how does tracheo-oesophageal puncture affect one's ability to speak? I know a person that had an issue with her trachea (I don't know the exact reason for surgery), and her voice now is dry, guttural, toneless and very undead-ish.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

wazuzu wrote:I might be touching a troublesome topic here, but how does tracheo-oesophageal puncture affect one's ability to speak? I know a person that had an issue with her trachea (I don't know the exact reason for surgery), and her voice now is dry, guttural, toneless and very undead-ish.
i have a voice prosthesis in the wall between my food pipe and winpipe, and a tube called a tracheostoma just above my collarbone. i breath through it, and when i need to talk i block the tracheostoma and the air goes through the prosthesis and vibrates the part of the foodpipe that allows you to swallow, emulating vocal chords. i had some initial trouble but iused to it enough that when i do speak, it is quite dry (like my sense of humour), but i wouldnt say toneless, age does play a part i believe. although i had a kid ask if i was part bullfrog with the handsfree cover for the tracheostoma (forgot the name :) ) cheeky bastard :roll: :lol:

i used to have an electrolarynx, that was awkwad, uncomfrotable and embaressing to me. its also a prosthesis, but you use a handheld device to your throat, that generates the vibrations. it also sounds robotic.

the third isforcing air through your foodpipe and use that to speak. ITS HARD! i tried it before the robot voice but it was frustratingly difficult. it was why i llearned sign language and still use pen and paper. it does sound very odd when you see someone do it.
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

rockin robin wrote:
Thanks for the answer. I've seen people talking this way (by closing the tracheostoma with a finger) once or twice, and thought of something similar.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Xanatos wrote:Try finding a common interest. Small talk is ALWAYS boring and useless.
simmr001 wrote:Kinda cliche, but ask for her hobbies. Fish for info.small talk is painful to an atmosphere.
Um. yeah, as I said. I would be only one who find, objectively speaking, routinely and dull conversation with my crush joyful.

I found out a solution today. I and my crush having a lunch together and various thing happen between us (She bought a textbook that's she end up given by her senior an hour later, I ride a bicycle with her at backseat(?) which because of it is my very first time riding a bicycle with anyone else on it, I rode it in such an awkward way that she decided to walk instead around halfway to our destination, the library. She described it as "heart-stopping". Not in a good way, I guess :lol: )

The "best" of it. I lost my student's card that required to lent any book from the library, so she lent it for me, which mean she have to meet me within a week so I can return the book in time and neither of us will have to pay the fine. (I almost feel bad about this. Well, she's too kind)

I think eating lunch together is far better than chatting or talking by phone, Although I wish for something more...

Her interest and hobbies? She likes reading books and buying stationery, she seems to like shopping the two things mentioned beside of "cute things" that girls like.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Auratus wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Try finding a common interest. Small talk is ALWAYS boring and useless.
simmr001 wrote:Kinda cliche, but ask for her hobbies. Fish for info.small talk is painful to an atmosphere.
Um. yeah, as I said. I would be only one who find, objectively speaking, routinely and dull conversation with my crush joyful.

I found out a solution today. I and my crush having a lunch together and various thing happen between us (She bought a textbook that's she end up given by her senior an hour later, I ride a bicycle with her at backseat(?) which because of it is my very first time riding a bicycle with anyone else on it, I rode it in such an awkward way that she decided to walk instead around halfway to our destination, the library. She described it as "heart-stopping". Not in a good way, I guess :lol: )

The "best" of it. I lost my student's card that required to lent any book from the library, so she lent it for me, which mean she have to meet me within a week so I can return the book in time and neither of us will have to pay the fine. (I almost feel bad about this. Well, she's too kind)

I think eating lunch together is far better than chatting or talking by phone, Although I wish for something more...

Her interest and hobbies? She likes reading books and buying stationery, she seems to like shopping the two things mentioned beside of "cute things" that girls like.
Try getting her a thank you gift.
Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

Xanatos wrote:True, you won't find a clone. Fun fact: Statistically speaking, there are six people identical to you living right now.

And I sugarcoat nothing. :lol: The way I see it, if a relationship only survives by sugarcoating, it's not worth preservation. (And for preservation purposes, shouldn't it be salt-coated?)
Salt only preserves meat, not emotions or memories... I don't know the origins of most sayings sadly. (I just repeat them when the setting seems fitting)

Despite my earlier comments about "parts" and all that... I'm actually not one for statistics, when it comes to theoretical and experimental probabilities I would much rather know from experience instead of trying to predict based on generalizations.
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Auratus wrote:adventures
I think eating lunch together is far better than chatting or talking by phone.
You are right. Doing stuff together is almost always better than talking, and if you feel yourself awkward and find little to smalltalk about, it's better for sure.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Wow. Some of the bigger recent stories in here reminds me that secrets and ignorance destroys lives.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

YZQ wrote:Wow. Some of the bigger recent stories in here reminds me that secrets and ignorance destroys lives.
also how you tell those secrets when they come to the surface.

also liz is nearly 1 year sober. :D
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

rockin robin wrote:also liz is nearly 1 year sober. :D
\o/
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

rockin robin wrote:
YZQ wrote:Wow. Some of the bigger recent stories in here reminds me that secrets and ignorance destroys lives.

Probably best not to keep one in the first place. Although I too think that Xan's line of thought might fit (You're not the one that's stuck with me, I'm the one who's stuck with you!)

Also, kudos to being dry. I'll drink (milk) to that.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

YZQ wrote:
rockin robin wrote:

Probably best not to keep one in the first place. Although I too think that Xan's line of thought might fit (You're not the one that's stuck with me, I'm the one who's stuck with you!)

"happy 10th birthday children, did you know i paid your mother 50 pounds to drop her knickers 10 years ago? and because she forgot to take contraception here you are!"

we were upset at the time, but we've all accepted it wasnt that it happened, its he was such an asshole, thanks to the alcohol, when he said it. hell thats why liz hit the bottle she thoought her father despised her for beiing alive!

keeping a secret until someone is ready to hear it iisnt bad. keeping a secret just to save face i despise
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

It's not only women who can take contraception, milord. Jack Daniels has "drink responsibly", condoms should have "Enjoy responsibly" on the package.

simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

YZQ wrote:It's not only women who can take contraception, milord. Jack Daniels has "drink responsibly", condoms should have "Enjoy responsibly" on the package.
Agreed I called him on it when I met him. Nearly got kicked out the hospital though. :oops:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
rockin robin wrote:

I don't remember what line of thought you're referencing. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."