Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:What exactly is the point of using fake names and such in these stories? It's not like exposing their first name is gonna get them tracked down and lynched. :lol: Never understood that...

And Mick, I was once accused of raping a girl I knew. And I'm a fucking virgin. Bitches be crazy.
I was once accused of raping a dog. My little brother is silly.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Xanatos wrote:What exactly is the point of using fake names and such in these stories? It's not like exposing their first name is gonna get them tracked down and lynched. :lol: Never understood that...
One of the great benefits (and great detriments, arguably) of teh intarwebs is anonymity. If choosing to use it makes people more comfortable about sharing personal shit like this and the venting helps them, why not?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

metalangel wrote:
One of the great benefits (and great detriments, arguably) of teh intarwebs is anonymity. If choosing to use it makes people more comfortable about sharing personal shit like this and the venting helps them, why not?
Yes, anonymity is great. That doesn't answer the question though. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

@geolord11 I used to being in the same situation as you and A. I tell her I like her, and trying to find way to express whatever in my heart, and it's went wrong. (by tell her I want to hug her) Turn out after a month she eventually "neutralized" her annoyed view toward me and start thinking me as a friend. Now we're in different university and having little chance to meet each other. :lol:

After some time your tear will figuratively starting to dry out. You will not weep on some of things that you used to weep. You will not sad on some of things that you used to cry. Have you ever met children who crying because he or she didn't get a toy or snack? You might think it is nonsense until you realized you might done so too in the past. This is Growth. Growth of you life, your mind.

@MickMuffin.
Umm. I suppose MLP didn't ruin your relationship in the long run. Right? :lol:

Who know if she have subtle emotional issue which she suddenly (if suddenly mean that 2 weeks and before) fortify herself from the world once anyone, in this case, you become too close to her. I suggest replaying Emi's path. I guess you might actually find some clue about F. in it.

@Xanatos You know. In worst case scenario, One or organization which is ridiculously rich and having something against you (i.e. The Feminist) might track you and getting personal data which they will know about your wrecked relationship and will subtly persuade your crush or ex-girlfriend to join their rank and give her a chance to kill you by shooting surgical anti-personnel missile from orbital satellite. :D
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Xanatos wrote:
For me, it's the comfort of plausible deniability in case anyone I know (or worse, those involved) finds it. Maybe I watch too much Law & Order?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

metalangel wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
For me, it's the comfort of plausible deniability in case anyone I know (or worse, those involved) finds it. Maybe I watch too much Law & Order?
Nonsense. There is no such thing as 'too much Law & Order'. That show's' awesome-sauce.

Now back to the matter of anonymity. I agree. I would rather post incognito and play it safe than have a chance of a person involved finding out that I'm talking about them. Or even worst; have a cherished one find out I post about cripple hentai on a regular basis.

(I honestly don't care about the latter. Tee hee)
Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

I chose to change names because some stories are still painful for me to share, I'd rather not remember certain events or people so I use the power of anon to save face... I only revealed Naomi (and Mermaid? I can't remember if I revealed her) because of how important she was to me at the time. I have a happy friendship with her and she helped me find a wonderful girl who could treat me a lot better than she thought she ever could...

Yes, I finally found a girlfriend and I'm really happy. But all good things have to come with their catches...

Since January 30th, I've been in a living hell with my so-called "friends". Before I hooked up with my current girlfriend, there was a guy (let's call him Pythagoras because he was a math major) who caused a rift among everyone... he was very rude and liked to troll everyone by saying very horrible things about everyone behind their backs. After outright saying he hated a girl in our group (I'll call her... Hungary because she's a Hetalia fan and cosplayed her last), he started berating me because of how I kept trying to raise her spirits while he continued to be a bastard toward her and cause a rift in our friends group (basically it was his followers against me and anyone who wanted to keep this girl happy). Eventually things boiled to an all out war that spilled over to my birthday (January 11th) and he ruined a surprise party for me just by showing up and calling me a douche for "making everyone make a big deal" out of my 23rd birthday. Really, I hadn't asked for anyone to give me a birthday party... hell I didn't even expect anyone to remember my birthday but I was happy and clearly appreciative of the effort everyone put forward to making the day special for me.

Then came the actual week that lead up to hell... On January 27th, I was told to meet up with a handful of friends at the park near my house. I showed up and had a nice chat with some people who thought Pythagoras had lost his damn mind and they apologized for how my birthday was ruined, I let them know that it was no problem and that I still enjoyed the party long after he stormed off and insulted Hungary again. They asked me how I felt about her and I straight up told the truth... She's a nice girl and very friendly but I had no romantic interest in her as I saw her more like a best friend and/or younger sister than a woman. The people who met with me from Pythagoras' faction were shocked to hear me say that. They seriously thought I was in love with Hungary despite the fact that they knew she would never return my feelings if I had liked her in that way. After that meeting, I went to Hungary's house to help her with costume-making... I admit at the time she seemed a little distracted but I didn't inquire about it though I probably should have.

January 29th, Hungary calls me and tells me she has exciting news... but she can't tell me until tomorrow. I am perfectly fine with that and I say I'll see her tomorrow at McDonald's after I've dropped my brother off at the card shop for his hobby tournament. She tells me she's going to meet me alone, I find this odd as well and I finally ask her if everything's okay. She tells me it's fine and that I worry too much... but she assures me that we will be alone. January 30th rolls around and I show up alone as agreed, but Hungary is not alone... in fact she's with some of Pythagoras' faction (two boys and a girl). I try to shrug off the bad feeling and sit down in front of Hungary... Despite how uncomfortable I am, the following conversation does take place:

Me: I wasn't expecting others...

Hungary: Are you mad?

Me: (lying) No, just surprised that you broke your word.

Hungary: Miles, Olympia, and Briney were already here... they were curious.

Me: Okay, so what was the news you wanted to tell me?

Hungary: (fidgeting) W-well a-actually, Y-you know Pythagoras right?

Me: (standing up to walk away as the two boys, Briney and Miles block me in) The idiot who has a problem with you and I being friends, the same guy who called you a spoiled cunt? Yeah... I know him and how he ruined my birthday to pick on you.

Briney: It wasn't like that...

Me: I know what I heard, what he has been saying about everyone... I stayed silent because you guys worked hard on the surprise party and I wanted to have a good time.

Miles: I knew you liked Hungary, this was a mistake...

Olympia: Why are you boxing him in then? If you want him to leave then let him out...

Miles: No... I want to hear the truth before we reveal the news.

Me: Hungary is a close friend of mine, I didn't like Pythagoras insulting her for no reason... He's got a mean word for everyone and yet you guys followed him without question. He has said horrible things about me to you all I'm sure and I know there's no way for me to dispel the rumors he's already spread...

Hungary: Stop...

Me: ... Nothing he says is true. I worked too damn hard to keep everyone together before the faction splits and now here I am being cornered because he has succeeded in splitting apart our friendship.

Hungary: I'm going out with him, there is no war anymore... everything is peaceful now!

Me: Move... I'm going home, you're right Miles. This was a mistake...

I learned later that day why they were there... Pythagoras played me off as a violent sociopath and despite Hungary knowing better, she bought the lies and requested support in case I grew angry. Olympia was the only clear-headed one, or so I thought... eventually the friends who helped me defend Hungary turned on me as well when she decided to tell everyone what happened at McDonald's that day. Olympia told me that Pythagoras exaggerated the story to make it sound worse and that was the last kind act she had for me. Eventually her mind was corrupted as well and she was tricked into believing I harbored hidden feelings for Hungary and that I was jealous...

I admit I was hurt, but I didn't want to impede on her happiness so I let go and I was going to let her learn the hard way. "Tough love" as some people called it, I wasn't going to let her be torn apart by wolves... but I probably should have. Hungary is no longer the friend I cared about, she says I'm "defaming" her "boyfriend" while he continues to lie about things I've said when I have long severed ties with him... I stopped warning her a long time ago about how he is and I'm being blamed for her misfortune and how he's been tormenting her. Olympia even recently called me out for some "choice words" I allegedly said.

But because of all this, Naomi took notice... she introduced me to a friend of her's and I was on cloud nine through some of the darkest times. I love the girl she introduced me to and I think it's because of Naomi's friend Kyra that I've actually survived my ordeal
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Well, that sucks. Nothing more to say on that. Well, except the word choice...Nobody was "tricked". You don't get tricked into being a goddamned fool. You don't get corrupted into being worthless. You either are or you aren't. And all of them apparently are, judging from this ordeal. They did what they did because they are wretched people, not because of tricks. Every last one of them, the Hetalia chick included, deserves whatever hell life chooses to bestow upon them. You're certainly a less vindictive man than I...I'd much rather manipulate their lives into living hells (something I have a bit of practice in doing) but then, I'm pretty big on the whole "give people what they deserve" thing.

At any rate, congratulations on having at least one actual friend who helped you find a way to survive it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

WanderingHeartache. Youdo have weird choice in naming. Luckily there are no Archimedes, Plato and Athena. :lol: (It's good thing you didn't name yourself Austria as well...)

One of the thing I learn while I and my old crush relationship is broke down is, Use tomorrow's smile to dry today's tear. If your life suck. Why not change it and be happy. If your friend/crush dumped you, Why not being such a great man that they regret severed the friendship, Why not emphasis that they are living in hell because they chose to left one who can build paradise. That's the best revenge I can think of as the point is: Happiness.

If I were you, I would make the best of current relationship. Being with her whatever her down and listen to her. I wish you good luck. :D

Btw, There could be more people posting here. So we see Xanatos we rarely see.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Wanderinheartache, that's an awful situation you describe. I had that sort of thing happen a few times when I was younger, where a poisonous and charismatic person turned friends against each other for fun. The important thing to remember is that the situation isn't your fault. You can't control what other people think, just tell the truth and hope that they see through the manipulation.

It sounds like you came through this trial with your honour intact. I'm glad you've since found someone special.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Wanderingheartache

Xanatos wrote:Well, that sucks. Nothing more to say on that. Well, except the word choice...Nobody was "tricked". You don't get tricked into being a goddamned fool. You don't get corrupted into being worthless. You either are or you aren't. And all of them apparently are, judging from this ordeal. They did what they did because they are wretched people, not because of tricks. Every last one of them, the Hetalia chick included, deserves whatever hell life chooses to bestow upon them. You're certainly a less vindictive man than I...I'd much rather manipulate their lives into living hells (something I have a bit of practice in doing) but then, I'm pretty big on the whole "give people what they deserve" thing.

At any rate, congratulations on having at least one actual friend who helped you find a way to survive it.
Thanks for the congratulations, to be honest I wasn't really expecting Naomi to set me up with one of her friends... but I'm really thankful that she did. I truly am the happiest I've ever been when I'm with her, after a few dates at a local arcade we really clicked... Kyra's a really geeky girl I learned and it made me really happy to have shared interests.
Auratus wrote:WanderingHeartache. Youdo have weird choice in naming. Luckily there are no Archimedes, Plato and Athena. :lol: (It's good thing you didn't name yourself Austria as well...)

One of the thing I learn while I and my old crush relationship is broke down is, Use tomorrow's smile to dry today's tear. If your life suck. Why not change it and be happy. If your friend/crush dumped you, Why not being such a great man that they regret severed the friendship, Why not emphasis that they are living in hell because they chose to left one who can build paradise. That's the best revenge I can think of as the point is: Happiness.

If I were you, I would make the best of current relationship. Being with her whatever her down and listen to her. I wish you good luck. :D

Btw, There could be more people posting here. So we see Xanatos we rarely see.
Yes, it is true that I have an odd way of giving aliases... Subtlety is not really my strong suit when I've endured so much. I will let my happiness with the girl I'm with now be the proof that I will not be swayed anymore, I have chosen to keep moving forward like I always have... and this time I'm not alone because I have a wonderful woman at my side to keep me afloat. n_n Thanks for the happy wishes.

Walrusfella wrote:Wanderinheartache, that's an awful situation you describe. I had that sort of thing happen a few times when I was younger, where a poisonous and charismatic person turned friends against each other for fun. The important thing to remember is that the situation isn't your fault. You can't control what other people think, just tell the truth and hope that they see through the manipulation.

It sounds like you came through this trial with your honour intact. I'm glad you've since found someone special.
I have learned from my mistakes with Hungary and Pythagoras, I admit I've developed trust issues because of their influence on my life... but they showed me that I should look a lot deeper into people and be very wary of the venom that hides behind sickly sweet words and "good" attitudes. I'm actually surprised I escaped the ordeal so well, had these events taken place ten years ago... I probably wouldn't have been as fortunate even with Naomi's assistance and Kyra's love. Despite the disappointment I feel some days realizing that I actually sought out Hungary as a friend, I don't really have regrets and I never really thought of any of the events as being my fault... One learns to be happy from trials of pain I've noticed lately.
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

Auratus

Post by Auratus »

You're was and always welcomed here :D I read a book that tells that more than half of the American woman aged 18-60 years old. That if his partner say "I love you" during argue. It might relieve her anger. I never had a chance to try that yet.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Wanderingheartache wrote:arcade
Where do you live and how the hell do arcades still exist there? :lol:
Wanderingheartache

Xanatos wrote:
Austin Texas... there are two arcades that do pretty well, http://arcadeufo.com/ and http://www.pinballzarcade.com/. One is by the university dorms and has Japanese imports, the other is a bit further north from where I live and it has primarily classic games and pinball tables

Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Xanatos wrote:
Even in the Netherlands there are a few places with arcade halls, mainly in the major cities. The closest one for me has for example House of the Dead 3, several racing games, two pinball machines, a dance thing, air hockey tables etc :lol: Depending on what you play it can be expensive as fuck though...