Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I look forward to nuking his house from orbit if he even thinks of saying that.
Wait, of saying he got friend-zoned, or saying he waited too long?
The first one.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I look forward to nuking his house from orbit if he even thinks of saying that.
Wait, of saying he got friend-zoned, or saying he waited too long?
"I'm sorry, you're just too good of a friend," or "I'm sorry, you should've asked me last week"?

[/valiant attempt at not being pessimistic about the outcome of Shadowstalk's venture]
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Okay, okay, Maybe I'm thinking of older people and long term relationships. But I just think you should get to know a person and find out if you have similar interests in common and maybe do fun stuff together before you start trotting out words like "love" or "girlfriend".
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Okay, okay, Maybe I'm thinking of older people and long term relationships. But I just think you should get to know a person and find out if you have similar interests in common and maybe do fun stuff together before you start trotting out words like "love" or "girlfriend".
You're exactly right.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

pandaphil wrote:Okay, okay, Maybe I'm thinking of older people and long term relationships. But I just think you should get to know a person and find out if you have similar interests in common and maybe do fun stuff together before you start trotting out words like "love" or "girlfriend".
You don't trot those out when you're on romantic dates with kissing and everything!

Spend too long 'getting to know a person' and you risk hearing that they value your friendship too much to chance a relationship and then breakup removing you from their life altogether. No, you can forever be there to hear about all the jerks she'll date instead breaking her heart.

(sorry, I'm in a bitter and cynical mood today)

What I'm saying is that if there's an attraction then go for it!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

metalangel wrote:
You don't trot those out when you're on romantic dates with kissing and everything!

Spend too long 'getting to know a person' and you risk hearing that they value your friendship too much to chance a relationship and then breakup removing you from their life altogether. No, you can forever be there to hear about all the jerks she'll date instead breaking her heart.

Spend too little time getting to know a person and...You won't know the person. Strangers make for shitty partners.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

All the more reason to go on some dates with them! :o
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:
metalangel wrote:

Spend too little time getting to know a person and...You won't know the person. Strangers make for shitty partners.
Romance is confusing.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Selim Bradley wrote: Romance is confusing.
Spend too long, they lose interest/don't want to risk losing you. Spend too little, they feel like it's too fast/make assumptions on God knows what.

Honestly, if it feels right, go. Said the brain.

Don't trust your instinct, think things through. Said the gut.

Romance is confusing, indeed.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Umber wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: Romance is confusing.
Spend too long, they lose interest/don't want to risk losing you. Spend too little, they feel like it's too fast/make assumptions on God knows what.

Honestly, if it feels right, go. Said the brain.

Don't trust your instinct, think things through. Said the gut.

Romance is confusing, indeed.
To paraphrase a line from the animated film Over The Hedge:
"My gut says listen to my head. My head says listen to my gut. All I end up with is an upset heart."
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

That's why you don't do friend stuff long enough that you turn into a BFF. Maybe a few dates, just long enough to find out if you have enough in common to make it work, then you let her know how you really feel.
Last edited by pandaphil on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Shadowstalk

Post by Shadowstalk »

Hello everyone, you've been seeming to have a lot of fun with this topic :lol: Sorry to be such a partypooper, but she apparently got really sick, and stayed at home the whole day. I would have brought her some alphabet soup, but she just would have choked on the D :lol: Anyway, just to clarify, I know this girl somewhat well. We're not on some BFF level as some suggested, but I'm also not on the stranger level either. I feel we have good enough compatibility to have a relationship. I guess tomorrow will tell us 8)
Here's my Twitter
Hardrockman911: I'm sorry. I know I'm not pretty, like Lilly.
Shadowstalk931: It's okay. Nobody's pretty like Lilly
Hardrockman911: ....
Hardrockman911: I hate being friends with you. I hope you know that.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shadowstalk wrote:but she just would have choked on the D
Pray she never learns you said this. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

In that case Shadow, I'd say its time to go for it!
Shadowstalk

Post by Shadowstalk »

Xanatos wrote:
Shadowstalk wrote:but she just would have choked on the D
Pray she never learns you said this. :lol:
She's kind of a science nerd, so I thought to myself "I'd like to be DNA polymerase, so I can unzip your genes"
:lol: I think I have a little too much free time
Here's my Twitter
Hardrockman911: I'm sorry. I know I'm not pretty, like Lilly.
Shadowstalk931: It's okay. Nobody's pretty like Lilly
Hardrockman911: ....
Hardrockman911: I hate being friends with you. I hope you know that.