Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

StudyOfWumbology

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos wrote: Washington and Edison were actually kind of cunts. :lol:
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Image
No man should be worshipped like a god.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:Image
No man should be worshipped like a god.
Edison electrocuted a damn elephant. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:Edison electrocuted a damn elephant. :lol:
Aye, part of his very sorry role in the AC/DC debate. Guy didn't know when to fold them.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Aye, part of his very sorry role in the AC/DC debate. Guy didn't know when to fold them.
"Look! Tesla's electricity kills elephants!"

Yeah, and careless exposure to the sun can burn the fuck out of you and cause cancer. Wanna kill the sun, Tom?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I figured this would happen sooner or later, and it finally hit me tonight while reading over chapter 7 of "Sisterhood". I finally realized how alone I am, and how I'd give anything to have someone to trade backrubs with, and cuddle and take turns laying our heads in each others laps and to just be with. I actually had someone like that once, and I blew it. Moving all the way to the other side of the country. So here I am alone. Other people have love and happiness, I get squat.

Its times like this I wish I liked drinking.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:I figured this would happen sooner or later, and it finally hit me tonight while reading over chapter 7 of "Sisterhood". I finally realized how alone I am, and how I'd give anything to have someone to trade backrubs with, and cuddle and take turns laying our heads in each others laps and to just be with. I actually had someone like that once, and I blew it. Moving all the way to the other side of the country. So here I am alone. Other people have love and happiness, I get squat.

Its times like this I wish I liked drinking.
Would have taken up drinking if it wasn't addictive. But, never focus on the "You're lonely" part. You can be alone and not be lonely.
Last edited by YZQ on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

Posting this more to brighten up the rather dreary tone of this thread as of late.

(find the full details on the HBHC site)

I found this really nice book/ art/ cooking supplies store(they had canvas, papers, all sorts of cooking utensils and such and even how to books as well as just a general collection of books) and I began thumbing along through some of the writings regarding tips for aspiring writers and I began to look towards the art when a red-headed woman caught my sight. I wouldn't have thought anything more on it after giving her a once over with my eyes but her hands caught my attention; they didn't match. what I mean is one was wearing a 5 finger glove and definitely was a hand, the other looked like several very well crafted metal "fingers" it looked as if someone had casted something akin to bones and made a metallic hand with only 3 fingers and a thumb out of it. I could not help but stare as I saw the metal prong-like fingers clasp around a canvas as she raised it up a bit and steadies it with her other hand to look it over then set it down and carry on. As she walked off deeper into the store I questioned my sanity noting my inner voice telling me "you just saw Rin. your eyes shit. you. not."

So I went about my business again and found my self land into the "paranormal" section(weird right?) of this store once again looking over things that interest me when I heard behind me " excuse me, sorry to bother you, but can you reach something for me?" I turn around and JUST ABOUT let out a "holy $h!t" and drop my jaw, but thankfully I have more tact than I thought I did. It was this girl again, she was asking about a rather heavy looking leather-bound book far up on the self. She seemed tall enough to reach it, but then a second surprise revealed itself. "I'd get it my self but I simply cannot reach that high over my head with these hands."[cue KAWAI-DESU meter] she chuckled as she made the now obviously robotic "hand" reach to where it was barely over her head, and the metalic one simply made sense anyway. So got it down after a bit of not-so-allowed bookcase climbing and we got to talking.

Her name is Jillian, and she paints (admittedly, I asked that one now having the chance to let my inner KS demons get out for some fresh air @.@), and swims. She mentioned how she lost her arms when she was younger and (at first) didn't care for prothestics, but when she recently got her bionic arm, she took to it and loves it, the other one she had an art friend hand craft. I must say it was impressive, it looked like he must have spent years on it, as it had hundreds of different symbols from all sorts of languages. Apparently she just moved back to this part of [where I live after some time] to "get in touch with nature and the seas again".

We conversed for what felt like 2 hours, but it had to be considerably less than that, she seemed so interested to chat with me about my interests and just life and the world in a philosophical sense (I know there were 2 minutes spent by each of us on "string theory" rants for and against[KAWAI-DESU meter rising!!!...], and I know I asked her arguably the stupidest question "who does your make up?" where she asked me "who does your hair?"). Apparently she does her own make-up, though she thought for a second it was an insult, much like I thought the hair thing was. turns out we both were aiming to compliment :P .

She also caught sight of something I do when nervous. She asked me why I was doing it and when I said it's a nervous reaction she immediately jumped to me being wierded out by her arms but I cut her off and mentioned that I was not used to women wanting to have such engaging conversations out of the blue, and that's when she said my "hand-thing" was cool,(this is probably where my KAWAI-DESU meter red lined....) and mentioned that if she took off her boots she could stretch her leg up so her foot was over her head and then bend her ankle downward to the point where her toes would touch that same-side-of-her-body shoulder. (so if I understand right her left foot, toes would rest on her left shoulder if she did this, facing forward, with her leg in front of her bent with her knee facing her body @.@....flexible much?).

She also had an odd(albeit understandable) fascination about my arm, my left one, as she noticed a scar and bluntly asked about it. I showed her it(my hand) worked fine despite the damage done and then pulled out my keys and held them with my index and thumb to show how precision movements tend to cause tremors for me. After that she seemed to become a bit distant for a moment but quickly seemed to recover her boundless curiosity and asked what it felt like to have my hand/arm go numb when/ if I slept on it wrong. This got us both onto a conversation about how the body copes with pain and neuro-plasticity.

I was also asked for a cup of coffe, but I had to decline. As much as I wanted to go wander off with this eerily realistic version of "adult rin" my girlfriend's voice and eventual landing into our vicinity reminded me I was busy, and in love with someone else. I shook the hand(the one that had a grip like the terminator 0.o, let me tell you I would rather not get a "helping hand" from that bionic arm.......I think it'd kill me) and helped her carry the book to the checkout( it was rather heavy and I knew she could not balance it well after seeing her struggle to hold it while we chatted for several minutes) all the while Jillian and my girlfriend seemed to get to know each other behind me (I heard them chatting). I almost died on the spot when my girlfriend asked Jillian if she wanted to come see a movie with us, but Jillian declined saying she had to get home and work on an art project for a customer. Afterwards we both said goodbye and walked to our car after my girlfriend put me to work carrying Jillian's book to her car (friend was driving, but it's her car apparently...).

It was only later did I find out Jillian had asked my girlfriend some rather disturbing things (even if hearing she had asked such things made my perverted self feel all the better about talking to her) and apparently my girlfriend got the feeling she wasn't just hitting on me, but on her too(not that either of us minded :D).

I will say 2 things about Jillian that set her apart from Rin. Jillian seems to have gotten her and rin's visit from the "titty fariy" and Jillian would not have made the "broken tackle joke". Apparently, she eyed me up while I was repelling down the bookcase with her book....she said some nice things about me to my girlfriend @.@ *blush*

So my day-out with my girlfriend went well, despite being temporarily tempted by a cute, redheaded, cultured, intellectual, artistic, armless painter with a pervert's mind....(and a strippers bosom and hindquarters.... like what the fuck 0.o). While a piece of me wants to meet Jillian again, be it just for coffee or for something more some day way down the road of life. I hope I never see her again.....I tell you all now I am for ever "cursed" with knowing just how hot rin could be if she was real, and it makes me curse the cosmos for ever playing her arc, and a second encounter would probably leave me lookin' like a horny idiot. >,<
Dream

Post by Dream »

I fail to see why you declined Jillian's invitation for coffee, as you both seemed to vastly enjoy each other's company. I mean, yeah there were the fears that it might make things akward with your girlfriend or for something to go, uh, "wrong", but i don't think that was a likely scenario. I for one hope you see her again, as it seemed you had fun talking with her.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, if she was that much of a temptation you probably made the right choice.

A shame though. She sounds like an amazing person.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

If she was that much of a temptation, you're probably weak-willed...
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Wow what luck. I would be lying if I said I wasn't envious. Interesting women are hard to find. Especially where I live. That and she being a Rin doppleganger only adds to my jealousy.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:If she was that much of a temptation, you're probably weak-willed...
Touche :lol:

And yeah, i admit i felt pretty envious too.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

BBC has a story on a lady without arms like Rin, and living to the fullest. Name's Jessica Cox. Seems like a mix of Rin's condition and Emi's determination.

Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Look up Tisha UnArmed on youtube. She even drives with her feet.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!