Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Getting things off my chest.

Post by Xanatos »

Skittles wrote:Thanks for your advice, it's helps a lot to simply have someone know whats on my mind and respond to it.

I feel like finding out what I have to do for myself is hard, and I'm unsure if I can decide.

Until now it seems like I've kind of bottled things up and denied them. But reading over what I've said and your reply makes me realize that yea, I am pretty depressed.

If nothing else I'm thankful that this game helped me open up like this, I want to try and bring myself out of this feeling I have.
Good luck with it. I'd suggest finding a hobby or interest, maybe something that can translate into a job later.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Skittles

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Skittles »

Yea I would like to find something to take my mind of things. Usually I just read or play video games or something like that, not really specific hobbies. Lately it's been hard to even do those though, I just sort of find myself without the motivation to do anything and just sleep all the time.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Skittles wrote:Yea I would like to find something to take my mind of things. Usually I just read or play video games or something like that, not really specific hobbies. Lately it's been hard to even do those though, I just sort of find myself without the motivation to do anything and just sleep all the time.
Been there. Depression's an old acquaintance of mine. Apathy too. Try writing or running. I sculpt, myself.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

I have been having some trouble with studying lately. When I try to sit down and study for exams I can't focus, my mind keeps wandering away. When I was in middle school I didn't really have to study, but now... my grades are just going down. If anyone here could give some advice I would like it. But other than that, life has been good. Just asking advice on "how to study" (I hope that made sense).
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Unforgiven wrote:I have been having some trouble with studying lately. When I try to sit down and study for exams I can't focus, my mind keeps wandering away. When I was in middle school I didn't really have to study, but now... my grades are just going down. If anyone here could give some advice I would like it. But other than that, life has been good. Just asking advice on "how to study" (I hope that made sense).
Try changing locations.

I assume that you study in your room or any room in your house that has a considerable amount of distraction (a PC with Katawa Shoujo installed included). These distractions will always be in the back of your head if you continue to be in such a location. By going to a library or a general quiet place, you specifically wire that place to 'studying' in your brain. So everytime you enter that place, your brain will enter studying mode.

You know how people advice you to not play videogames or do other mentally active stuff when in bed? It's for the same exact reason: to let your brain understand that bed means sleep.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Reksho wrote: Try changing locations.

I assume that you study in your room or any room in your house that has a considerable amount of distraction (a PC with Katawa Shoujo installed included). These distractions will always be in the back of your head if you continue to be in such a location. By going to a library or a general quiet place, you specifically wire that place to 'studying' in your brain. So everytime you enter that place, your brain will enter studying mode.

You know how people advice you to not play videogames or do other mentally active stuff when in bed? It's for the same exact reason: to let your brain understand that bed means sleep.
Now that you say it, studying in a library doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think I'm gonna try that.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

I'm good with imagination. So it is not hard for me to imagine that I spenting time with my crush despite very short time we know each other. I think this should be my last post about her because I would post about how much I think about her, trying to find her information and sorry about wasted opportunity for know her better to... I don't know. I surely know that I might have to let her go. But part of me can't. It wouldn't be hard to passing 7 months that I waiting to enter the university and hope to found her again.

I don't usually lie. But I think I will pretend to like my old crush for the rest of last semester of Grade 12 with my "friends". I don't know. Maybe I want to feel like I "control" something.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

My youtube account is in danger. I got my second strike a few hours ago, and as everybody know; the third strike = deleted account.
First I was thinking of making a new account and upload all of my videos there. However, too much have changed since I created my first account, so it doesn't seem like a good idea at the moment. Either way, I still have to delete most of my videos, but it's hard! It feels like I'm killing a part of myself. :( I realize this might sound exaggerated, but it's true. I don't know what to do, and I fear the third strike. My account might get deleted any moment, for all I know. :(
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Dream

Post by Dream »

OtakuNinja wrote:My youtube account is in danger. I got my second strike a few hours ago, and as everybody know; the third strike = deleted account.
First I was thinking of making a new account and upload all of my videos there. However, too much have changed since I created my first account, so it doesn't seem like a good idea at the moment. Either way, I still have to delete most of my videos, but it's hard! It feels like I'm killing a part of myself. :( I realize this might sound exaggerated, but it's true. I don't know what to do, and I fear the third strike. My account might get deleted any moment, for all I know. :(
Out of curiosity, what's in those videos, that apparently is in breach of the Youtube rules? And from the sound of it you don't really seem to have any other choice but delete the videos, it sucks but there's nothing else you can do apparently.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Dream wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:My youtube account is in danger. I got my second strike a few hours ago, and as everybody know; the third strike = deleted account.
Out of curiosity, what's in those videos, that apparently is in breach of the Youtube rules? And from the sound of it you don't really seem to have any other choice but delete the videos, it sucks but there's nothing else you can do apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Matakshaman/videos?view=0
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Some stuff that's not allowed in there I presume? Download them one by one and burn them to a CD-ROM. You'll be able to re-upload them or share them in different ways. You might want to learn about Freenet, etc...
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Dream wrote:
Usually they tell you what the strike is for...
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Dream wrote: Out of curiosity, what's in those videos, that apparently is in breach of the Youtube rules? And from the sound of it you don't really seem to have any other choice but delete the videos, it sucks but there's nothing else you can do apparently.
Usually they tell you what the strike is for...
I used a screenshot fron K-ON for about 6 seconds. A picture of Yui's eye. :?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:I used a screenshot fron K-ON for about 6 seconds. A picture of Yui's eye. :?
Ah. That'll do it.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

I've got a little bit of a heartening story for you guys, if you care to read:

I work in the cafeteria of a large company on the hot food line. The factory / plant houses a couple thousand employees, several hundred of which are working at any given time, and I interact with a vast majority of these people each and every day. I have a coworker named Craig who works in the kitchen as a dishwasher, and he is mentally handicapped - he has a learning disability that slows his comprehension quite a bit. He is a very nice kid and we get along pretty well.

Anyway, he came up to me during my break today almost in tears. During his break, which he takes about an hour before mine, he typically sits with a group of guys who work out in the plant. He told me that those guys were calling me names, like "fat" and "fat ass". He said he tried to tell them that they should keep their opinions to themselves but that they wouldn't stop.

I said to Craig, "I appreciate you letting me know what happened, but it does not bother me at all that those guys said these hurtful words. I've been fat my whole life, and I had to deal with people calling me fat throughout my childhood so I learned to simply not care. When people like that say those hurtful things, they aren't hurting me at all - instead, they are making themselves look stupid. They say those things in order to try to lift themselves up on a pedestal, to feel better about their own lives and to shadow their own shortcomings. So, don't worry about it - thank you for telling me, but I am fine."

- - -

There were three things about this encounter that stuck out to me:

1) I was a little disappointed with the guys who work in the plant. I'm typically a very cheerful and kind person, and to hear them boil me down to a physical detriment saddens me. I didn't lie about not caring what they said - it doesn't bother me personally. Rather, it makes me feel bad for them that they'd have to stoop like that to feel better about themselves. I figured most folks would outgrow such childish name-calling, especially in a professional environment such as the workplace, but I guess not.

2) I was incredibly humbled by Craig's kindness and selflessness. He did not have to stick up for me like he did, but he did - he truly is a kind person and I am grateful to have him as a coworker.

3) Please let this story be a bit of a lesson to all of you. Even though you might think that your hurtful words won't get back to the person you say them about, they can - and when they do, there's a very good chance that person will not be nearly as strong-willed of a person as I am and it might effect them terribly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVQ36NhbMk

I know this song might be bordering on cliche, but it really resonates with me. I mentioned long ago in this topic that I had a coworker that committed suicide. She had an awful lot going bad in her life so I truly believe in my heart that there was very little that any of us (myself, my coworkers, her friends, etc.) could have done to prevent it, but I still wonder every once in a while - if someone had said something differently, if just one person treated her just a little better than they did, would she still be with us? Think about it the next time you needlessly tear another person down with your words - would their life be payment enough for your needless comments?

It is so much easier to interact with one another in a positive way than a negative way - negativity builds barriers between people and true human connection is all but lost. Be kind to your fellow man; show them love and compassion, and you will feel more fulfilled in your own life than ever before.

I believe it's possible for each and every one of us to save a life every day.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"