Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:@Xanatos and gragon
Anyways, what could be more encouraging than a bunch of broken people having fun and joking around?
Admiring the glory of an ass portrait drawn by a crazy French Misha? :mrgreen:
LOL was not expecting that for a response :lol:
:P Saw the quote in your signature and had to say something.

And I was very very close to broken once...On the brink for a few years, actually. Duct tape helped. And by duct tape, I mean fapping and gaming. And this chick from Maine who was probably the first person I ever knew gave a damn about me, but the duct tape thing is funnier. (Sidenote: You are now picturing Rin with Sackboy-esque arms hastily taped to her stumps and flapping in the wind.)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

@Xanatos
NO that's not what I imagined AT ALL
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:@Xanatos
It is now. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote:
I'm sorry but this is the best movie ever
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I'm sorry but this is the best movie ever
...You're dead to me. :mrgreen:
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

This movie killed me, I'm dead.

ONE BILLION DALLAZ?
Weird Badger

Post by Weird Badger »

Xanatos wrote:I'm sorry but this is the best movie ever
It's the movie with the best effects for sure.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Weird Badger wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I'm sorry but this is the best movie ever
It's the movie with the best effects for sure.
One thing jontron fails to notice: you can see at multiple points some actors deliberately holding in laughter. How pathetically glorious!
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Camoufrage wrote:
Xiious wrote:Enough with the BS and please stay on topic... There are some of us here that want this place to stay because we have no where else to go.
Wait, I just read this and I just feel like saying staying at this thread is to help people, and all that "spam" we did was fun and helped me forget the situation I was in and clear my head to make the correct decision.

Isn't that what this thread is about? Sorry it didnt go the way you want it to in order to help YOU but its help in its own right to others
I don't think anyone objects to you sharing a laugh, or having a bit of fun. Page after page of impenetrable off topic back-and-forthing may be something else entirely however. Please hear me out for a moment.

Firstly that sort of high-volume scattershot posting quickly buries on topic posts and replies and makes them much less likely to be read. A thing I've noticed about this thread is that participants tend to need to read almost every new post to make good use of it, and to try to be of help to others.

An even more important consideration is that it might deter new people from using this thread at all. They need to be assured upon first reading that they will be taken seriously and treated with respect if they choose to reveal something deeply personal here.

There is also the matter of the policies 4LS have laid out, which we can't ignore with impunity. I'm afraid it can't be a club in the way that you mentioned, Xanatos. That would take it into general discussion territory and the admins would be justified in shutting it down. I think that had this been a less established thread they may have done so already, though I can't claim to know their minds. Please consider using PMs for extended conversations and sharing lots of videos and the like.

I believe we've all done something remarkable here. This thread would be blood in the water almost anywhere else. Instead it has helped many people, me included. All I'm asking is that you, and all of us, use good discretion and reign in the extended off topic wanderings a bit. We can't lose this.

Thanks for listening.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Hongu

Post by Hongu »

Preach, brother.
I mean, I just joined and stumbled upon this thread thinking it would be an actual serious place that would offer help to embers in need. Apparently, my first thoughts were correct, but the situation that was currently playing out made me think otherwise. I have many problems I'd like to share with others, so my expectations were high. Sad.
I get where you're getting at 100% Walrusfella, it could shy away people who truly do need the help and supervision of others, and new members such as myself.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Jeeesh guys... I check this topic last midnight, before I'm going to Paris. Now here I am in Paris for half a day (it's midnight again) and you guys spammed frigging 5 pages full :shock:
Everyone else here went to sleep... Man this was a looooong day for me. Woke up at 5.30-ish, got in the car at 6, arrived in Paris at 1-ish (and my dad was driving straight through Paris, even driving on the roundabout around the Arc de Triomphe (it was on our way to the flat we rented). That roundabout was FRIGGING CRAZYYYY.... I mean, it is like 10 frigging lanes, Parisians driving at crazy speeds and angles. Parked the car (there is a Renault dealer that doubles up as a car park lol) and went to the flat. Got the keys and a little talk about what we can see etc... Then went for lunch. We've then been walking across several places in Paris... Including the Louvre, Tuileries, Eiffel Tower (walked underneath it but only one lift working so it was busy as hell). Damn good weather, we're lucky :)

@Xiious: Glad to hear they're leaving you alone for now. Lashing out doesn't help anyone, nor does pushing you for 'information'.
@Camoufrage: Good luck, whatever you've decided to do.

@Walrusfella: I agree. Look, a couple posts of fun, sure I don't mind. 5 pages worth of new posts, only a handful HBHC-material, yes I'm likely to quickly skim through the posts and miss short sentences about personal situations. And I don't want this thread to disappear either. I hope that the mods won't immediately lock the topic when a couple posters are spoiling it for everyone, instead warning us first.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Notice in those 5 pages hardly anyone posted anything serious. If there was something serious to come up its not like wed ignore it completely. In fact I've still seen the whole host of serious replies to Xiious's response. Yeah it hasn't been completely on topic for the last few pages but at the same time we haven't completely changed he subject either, nor have we continued to stray off after someone posted more sad shit.

But I get the general jist of what you're saying, and the random video posting was pretty uncalled for :lol:. But like I said being off topic like that still achieves the original goal of the thread which is to help out people with their problems. Seeing us being able to have fun in a time where a lot of peoples lives aren't so great could be just as helpful as some person posting his/her problems and us just acknowledging it and wishing them luck.

And Hongu go ahead and post it! The whole reason we were off topic was because there was nothing else going on
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:Cleanse yourself

...that was boring. Here's my counter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiS1p45Z9NA

Oh. Thanks. I clicked the link, remembered how awesome Zero Punctuation is, and spent the next three hours of my life bouncing from review to review without a pause.

I even remember thinking at some point "This guy's sense of humour sounds a bit like Pyramid Head; very dry and sardonic." That's how damn much of my time you've wasted.

Apologies for getting that one last derail post in there, but as you can see I've missed out on most of the derailing anyway. I'll just be in the corner if you need me.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

So today's the day before we All split off and go back to our homes and such. I saw my dad crying over his 90 year old grandma as they were saying goodbye. Was such a sad sight. Makes what I'm about do with his life and everything even harder.

You guys have no idea how hard this is for me. I mean I still love my dad, but the right thing has to be done. Jeebus
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

Mm, I'd agree that a bit of random back-and-forth is probably best kept to PMs if possible. I know when I was talking with Xii about Latias, and Pokemon in general, I opted to jump to PMs. :P

Sharing videos and pictures is probably best to do on here, though. That way everyone can see 'em.

That aside...

Xii, I'm glad they're backing off of you. I suspect exploding at her parents in a public setting had a lot to do with that. Again, though, for what they deliberately chose to do, well, they had that coming. Grieving is more than acceptable. Wrongly blaming someone during a highly emotional moment is understandable, if not that acceptable. Choosing to corner someone in a public place to accuse them of lying about a traumatizing moment, and not for the first time... That crosses a lot of lines. Whatever negative thoughts you have about your reaction to that... well.
Never think of yourself as broken, no matter how close you think you are to breaking. The minute you believe you're broken, it will come true. Then it's only darkness.
Hm. I broke months ago. Nearly a year ago, now. It's caused a lot of changes to the way I interact with others - that is, rather than taking the time to go out and visit my younger cousins who basically idolize me for being the cool older cousin with a ton of video games and a lot of willingness to play with them, for example, I have avoided them... and any other human company. I've stayed away from events like a local walk for diabetes, or when a co-worker has a sporting or musical event, or what have you. I say little more than is needed when at the cashier at a grocery store. I have no desire to make friends at work or anywhere else, nor find a love or sexual interest of any kind. In fact, I'd much prefer to avoid any of those.

Before breaking, I'd spent most of the past several years in a slowly increasing state of mild depression, not that I really recognized it at first. Even after I did start to realize it, I still denied and fought it. For every failed attempt to make some sort of improvement to my state of mind, I walked away more damaged and defeated than before. Every time I thought of anything that could be done to better myself, I would become... ah, anxious? Nervous? Worried? Something like that. But I'd do it, feeling nervous the whole time... and on the rare occasions where some opportunity didn't burn out immediately, it seemed only to be for the purpose of letting me build up a larger amount of false hope to destroy later.

With the last year's multiple massive betrayals of trust and faith in the people who meant most to me, I have stopped caring. I've stopped denying that I'm broken. I don't feel anxiety when being asked to do something out of my comfort zone... because I simply won't do it. And I can't be guilted into it, because there is no longer any guilt, worry, or second-guessing about it.

Thinking of yourself as broken brings darkness? Well, that's fine. This darkness is soothing, it's quiet, it's peaceful. And, frankly, I'll take that over any light this world can bring.

It may not be the best mindset for someone to walk away with... but it's far better to walk away from failed hope with a broken spirit than to push yourself until the will to live is beaten out of you.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.