Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kutagh

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Kutagh »

Heh, I'm 20 myself and studying at university... In September officially attending two universities even (due to that Sign Language minor).

And as for girls, my 'issue' is that I'm not trying at all since I don't feel the need to have a gf. If I happen to get a chance, I probably will jump on it (on the chance, not on the girl! I'm not a pervert :P) but otherwise I'll see. Because what I'm looking for in a relationship ain't the sex but a good stable relationship, being able to depend on each other and trust each other (in other words, a long-term relationship). I know some of you would recommend me to party first but my heart just doesn't feel like that (and if you're going to try to convince me otherwise, fyi Beoran already tried on IRC. I'm a stubborn sonuva...)
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Myshina wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Oh thank fuck, i was beginning to think i was the oldest one here. Maybe it's just the way i look at language but i seriously was getting the impression that almost everyone here were still in their late teens.
Don't worry, I'm twenty-two. Not everybody is young here !! xD
I'm...um...older.

Ahem.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

mysterycycle wrote:
Myshina wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Oh thank fuck, i was beginning to think i was the oldest one here. Maybe it's just the way i look at language but i seriously was getting the impression that almost everyone here were still in their late teens.
I'm...um...older.

Ahem.
Age is only a number; what is inside is what matter. =D
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

@Kutagh, well I would love to have a gf which I would like, but I guess I have motivation issues as well, lol. And I just don't have any female friends to begin with, which I could call or propose to meet and stuff. And I have lost my touch with females even further since I've graduated from highschool. I just get so tense when I'm around a girl and if it's inevitable to strike a conversation with her.
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Erenussocrates wrote:@Kutagh, well I would love to have a gf which I would like, but I guess I have motivation issues as well, lol. And I just don't have any female friends to begin with, which I could call or propose to meet and stuff. And I have lost my touch with females even further since I've graduated from highschool. I just get so tense when I'm around a girl and if it's inevitable to strike a conversation with her.
You know,Girls don't bite. Unless they're asked to.

I'm just joking around. But I would suggest you try to encourage yourself further by taking Baby steps.
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Myshina wrote:
Erenussocrates wrote:@Kutagh, well I would love to have a gf which I would like, but I guess I have motivation issues as well, lol. And I just don't have any female friends to begin with, which I could call or propose to meet and stuff. And I have lost my touch with females even further since I've graduated from highschool. I just get so tense when I'm around a girl and if it's inevitable to strike a conversation with her.
You know,Girls don't bite. Unless they're asked to.

I'm just joking around. But I would suggest you try to encourage yourself further by taking Baby steps.
Aye, girls don't bite. I don't have issues talking to girls myself (not trying to show off here) but I just can't be bothered actively looking for a relationship. And I don't have exactly females as good friends but I do know several females with whom I do chat sometimes.

All I can say to you, Erenus, is that it is all in your head.
Micijayah

Post by Micijayah »

Kutagh wrote: Aye, girls don't bite. I don't have issues talking to girls myself (not trying to show off here) but I just can't be bothered actively looking for a relationship.
That's a good thing, you should never be actively looking for a relationship. Never approach a girl for the first time hoping that you'll get into a relationship with her. Become friends with her and leave it at that. If she enjoys your company or gives you signs, then go for it, but only then.
Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

Micijayah wrote:
Kutagh wrote: Aye, girls don't bite. I don't have issues talking to girls myself (not trying to show off here) but I just can't be bothered actively looking for a relationship.
That's a good thing, you should never be actively looking for a relationship. Never approach a girl for the first time hoping that you'll get into a relationship with her. Become friends with her and leave it at that. If she enjoys your company or gives you signs, then go for it, but only then.
I will admit, I'm rather dense as of lately... I went to speed dating at an anime convention recently (Anime Overload I think it was called, my friend pulled me along with a pass he paid for with my name on it) and I flirted a bit with some maids at the cafe my friend worked at. Though I was only being friendly, I was told apparently I blew off a lot of girls who were actively trying to get my attention and maybe experience some more of the convention alone together...

Honestly, I just didn't see it... I did get to talk with a lot of cute girls and some exceptionally beautiful women while hanging out at the convention but I never saw it much more than me just hanging out with some nice females who were exceptionally cool about some topics.
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Micijayah wrote:
Aye, if a more long-term relationship is what you're looking for then I completely agree on that. Though it doesn't hurt to immerse myself in bigger groups of people (or rather, bigger groups of females? Damn, that sounds a bit pervy :P) to get more 'exposure', knowing more women. But I just can't be bothered doing that just yet.
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Myshina wrote:
I'm 26, I feel so old.
Maybe I should start using words like "radical" and "tubular" more often, so people don't think I'm a teen. :lol:
TO THE MAX !!
Kutagh wrote: Because what I'm looking for in a relationship ain't the sex but a good stable relationship,
I feel the same way you do. It's the reason why I've never had a girlfriend, well... THAT and my bad luck.
Axelownz wrote: every girls i have asked out, something happens, or i end up screwing it up sometimes. Now i am in a situation where i don't really know any girls.
Are you maybe affected by the same curse ? Do we have to make our own secret "cursed gentlemen club" ?
But seriously now, it's happened so many times it's starting to become ridiculous... :?
I admit that I screwed up sometimes but it's still weird.
If I made a list of all the times it's happened, nobody would believe me, I am sure of that.

Xiious wrote: Curses are bad. Might want to see a shaman about that.
A shaman ... like Kenji ? :lol:
Welcome back bro !!! It's nice to have you here again!
kindspy

Post by kindspy »

Last edited by kindspy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Everybody who was merged in here, thank you for your stories!

Micijayah,
Contrary to what you say, I don't think there's anything wrong with approaching a lady with the view of getting into a long term relationship with her, IF she is of the same attitude. Becoming friends first will often just end with both of you becoming just friends. I also think it's a matter of honesty and being serious. If you're looking for a relationship, then to me it's most honest and serious to just do so and be clear about it. That may scare away a few ladies who aren't very serious. But the straightforward approach certainly worked for me and my wife, and we've got our little daughter to show for it.

Edit:
And don't worry about your age yet. It's unfair to the ladies, but men can be a few years older than their partner. I found love when I was 29. Hope it works out for others here as well. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

I still find how well this thread is going to be absolutely AMAZING. This would not work anywhere else.

I would start helping people out again but I just dont really have the time to read some of the posts. Some of em are novels, and thats alright! But I just cant get the time to read em AND reply decently :lol:

Keep on trucking
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

@Micijayah, I disagree. I could say from what I hear from other people and from my one stupid internet relationship I had, I could say that ladies tend to be more shy than guys concerning the relationships. So men always have to take the first steps. I took the first steps at my former internet relationship as well. You cannot just be friends with a girl and wait for them to confess their love to you, they won't. That's all I know..
kindspy wrote: Its good to know there are some hopeless romantics out there in the world, where ever they might be.

Don't feel impolite by asking about my past. Even though I know what was going through my conscious mind, as I re-read this little snippet from my past, I question what exactly what was going through my sub-conscious mind. Why I would choose to say It is you who I see whenever I’m in my room… alone… I know that for a while after the "break-up," I just felt alone when I went to sleep and imagined to myself that I was sleeping next to her. Maybe not that girl specifically, but just someone. I would snuggle up to a pillow in order to satisfy the physical need of closeness, and all I needed to do was just imagine that someone was there. However, what you just said made me think. Am I looking for myself? I found a lot of similarities between me and this girl with which we were...
In That Girl's Words wrote: ... two people fooling around affectionately.
Apparently people who fall in love have many similarities with one another. Maybe thats what I need. But who knows? I've yet to find myself again.
Yeah, it comes to that after all, we all are looking for ourselves :) it's easier for similar people to fall in love and get along with each other on the long run after all. Actually I have even read about it somewhere that it was a scientific fact that people who have similar DNA's would fall in love with each other rather easier. Just DNA itself won't solve everything though.. At least for me..
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Seems like I spoke too soon when said that the future seemed bright...
Something really bad happened yesterday, in a matter of minutes my future and present were completely obliberated.
I spent hours curled up in a corner of my dark room, i didn't eat anyting, and didn't sleep at all.
I really feel like a hypocrite for telling people to not give up on things, I've tried my best to be positive about everything, tried my best to make things better, but in the end everything ended in disater (as it always does).
I really don't know what's gonna happen in the next days, I really feel horrible.
I was only half-joking about the curse thing... sometimes it really feels like I am affected by a curse.
Everything always goes HORRIBLY wrong and whenever it seems like something good's about to happen, it ends up just being life giving me false hope... it's kind of like giving a kid candy and then taking it away, except that the candy never really existed to begin with...

I am sorry if my post doesn't make much sense, I can't even speak properly right now, it borders on a miracle that I was able to gather the strength to type something right now ...