Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xiious

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Xiious »

i just tried to find the right hug picture that fits us as anon in general. That picture applies to everyone here i suppose, as we all are here to help each other.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

I just have to say, I somewhat envy the people that cannot cry, but then again, Its not too bad to cry TOO much.
Though it does hold me back sometime, my 2 defenses to Crying are Discipline and Caution, because if you never get in the situation in the first place, you wont get feelings or anything like that.

I went into KS Totally not expecting anything. Now I am in act 4 of Shizune's Path with Hanako's and Rins not touched. Caution has severely stopped my ability to go further, though I will try when I deem the time right, its summer and the feels will hit in a different time than last time (Spring Break).

I really do progress slowly in this stuff though (As I recall, I said Slower than the British!) But Sometimes the Ability to understand other people's feelings is better than showing little feelings. There are people that absolutely hate others that can't show anything. Crying is an emotion that states sadness and happiness, but if your not showing it; Then it may not work out correctly for some.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Alexbond45 wrote:I just have to say, I somewhat envy the people that cannot cry, but then again, Its not too bad to cry TOO much.
Though it does hold me back sometime, my 2 defenses to Crying are Discipline and Caution, because if you never get in the situation in the first place, you wont get feelings or anything like that.

I went into KS Totally not expecting anything. Now I am in act 4 of Shizune's Path with Hanako's and Rins not touched. Caution has severely stopped my ability to go further, though I will try when I deem the time right, its summer and the feels will hit in a different time than last time (Spring Break).

I really do progress slowly in this stuff though (As I recall, I said Slower than the British!)
You might want to be very careful of your decisions, more so than anyone else's path, in Rin's path.
Aili

Post by Aili »

Hey guys, it's me again. This time it isn't about the Emi-ish friend of mine, but about me.

Not too long ago, somebody offered me a job, and I took it. I'm supposed to do some drawings and stuff. I thought it was going to be something more personal, because I just had to draw the fashion designs said person made, and I'd get paid for that.

However...

Turns out it wasn't. Said person is doing an exhibition, and some of my art will be there, too. This is my first professional job as an artist, so I don't have much experience...I think I'm capable of doing this right, if I really focus on it. But...I'm afraid. What if it goes wrong? What if it doesn't meet people expectations?

I'm sorry if it sounds silly, but it's difficult for me to deal with this, and I could use some advice.
Lilly > Misha> Shizune > Hanako > Emi > Rin
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Aili wrote:I think I'm capable of doing this right, if I really focus on it. But...I'm afraid. What if it goes wrong? What if it doesn't meet people expectations?
Obviously this person is confident enough in your abilities that they hired you in the first place. That means that whatever material you presented them with initially (a portfolio I assume) was impressive enough that they think that your level of quality will be suitable for their exhibition.

As for the answers to your questions: What if it goes wrong? Well, then you likely won't get offered work by this person any more. It's not a terribly big deal, when you really think about it - if you want art to be your career, you don't necessarily have to take off with your first professional job. There's tons of opportunities out there. Besides, if you are able to put your best effort into this I think that they will be happy with the end result. Just be sure to follow any guidelines they ask for to the best of your ability.

There's always new opportunities. This is but one of many. Don't get too nervous about it, and do your best - it'll turn out great in the end.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Gandara wrote:
Aili wrote:I think I'm capable of doing this right, if I really focus on it. But...I'm afraid. What if it goes wrong? What if it doesn't meet people expectations?
Obviously this person is confident enough in your abilities that they hired you in the first place. That means that whatever material you presented them with initially (a portfolio I assume) was impressive enough that they think that your level of quality will be suitable for their exhibition.

As for the answers to your questions: What if it goes wrong? Well, then you likely won't get offered work by this person any more. It's not a terribly big deal, when you really think about it - if you want art to be your career, you don't necessarily have to take off with your first professional job. There's tons of opportunities out there. Besides, if you are able to put your best effort into this I think that they will be happy with the end result. Just be sure to follow any guidelines they ask for to the best of your ability.

There's always new opportunities. This is but one of many. Don't get too nervous about it, and do your best - it'll turn out great in the end.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Aili wrote:Hey guys, it's me again. This time it isn't about the Emi-ish friend of mine, but about me.

Not too long ago, somebody offered me a job, and I took it. I'm supposed to do some drawings and stuff. I thought it was going to be something more personal, because I just had to draw the fashion designs said person made, and I'd get paid for that.

However...

Turns out it wasn't. Said person is doing an exhibition, and some of my art will be there, too. This is my first professional job as an artist, so I don't have much experience...I think I'm capable of doing this right, if I really focus on it. But...I'm afraid. What if it goes wrong? What if it doesn't meet people expectations?

I'm sorry if it sounds silly, but it's difficult for me to deal with this, and I could use some advice.
If this is your first time as a pro, then as long as your creativity hits the world, theres a chance that somebody out there will notice, which is very likely IMO....
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Wetterl

Post by Wetterl »

Aili wrote:Hey guys, it's me again. This time it isn't about the Emi-ish friend of mine, but about me.

However...

There's a reason they hired you in the first place, no? If you do your best you won't fail, even if it goes out wrong in the end you'll know that at least you have some kind of experience to build upon later.
Just a small town girl.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

However...

There is almost nothing to lose. if someone noticed your art, and liked it well enough, to put it on an exhibition, im sure you'll do fine! so smile, wipe away the nervousness with steely resolve and blow their socks off.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

However...

Just do it. Nike that nonsense.

No harm ever came outta giving something the good old college try.

:mrgreen:
... Danger.
Redbullet612

Post by Redbullet612 »

kushiro wrote:
Alexbond45 wrote:^Above post is me, I thought I was logged in...>.>

While some of you cant cry, I SURE AS HELL CAN. Too much, actually, Im moving slow in Clannad season 2. Slower than the British in WWI
I think if you DIDN'T at least tear up during Clannad, you don't have a SOUL. I was sitting in my little sheet partitioned-off part of the tent in the middle of Afganistan going "MUST. NOT. CRY." since everyone was still in the tent.
Clannad AS was the first piece if fiction to give me the feels. That show.. I cant even listen to Dango Daikazoku without getting hit in the feels.
Alexbond45 wrote: I just have to say, I somewhat envy the people that cannot cry, but then again, Its not too bad to cry TOO much.
I would rather be a crybaby than be a heartless rock anyday. It's like having to bottle things up, even when you don't want to. I actually treasure the few times I can tear up, it's like a reminder that I have a soul. Not that I think I don't! It just kinda feels that way sometimes. :P
Redbullet612

Post by Redbullet612 »

However...

Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted this one to be it's own reply, as I do have some experience with this. Also sorry if this is sloppy, I'm tired.
When I was growing up, I LOVED the arts. I loved to draw, write, I was even in a play. (I was apparently a braver lad at that time than I am now. :P) I always wanted to share things that I made, but in the end I always asked myself the same questions you're asking now. Is it good enough? Will people like it? Will I just get laughed at? All that stuff would go through my head, each and every time I thought about sharing, so I didn't. Everything I wrote, everything I made, I threw out or hid somewhere where no one would see it. I'd write stories, and then end up deleting them because I decided that they weren't worthy enough to even post on the internet. The only time I actually let anyone read my work was in English class, and that was just because I had to. Though my teachers always thought I was a good writer, and told me a few times that it was a shame I didn't take it any further than what I had to do in class. That made me feel even worse, because now I just thought of myself as a big wimp. But still, I shared nothing. Then in Grade 12, about a week or two before graduation, I just decided that since I was leaving anyway, there was no harm in sharing something. Now, at the time I was really into playing guitar, and I knew a guy in school who was even more into it than I was. He brought up the talent show, and I jumped on it. I didn't care what people thought, I was going to let myself have a little time in the light before my high school days were over. So I did it, I went up on stage, in front of the entire school, and I played. And it was one the greatest things I have ever done. It wasn't even anything big, it was just me and my friend going back and forth doing random riffs from AC/DC and GnR hits, and I never even looked up the entire time afraid of seeing all the people looking back at me. But in the end, everyone loved it. I even had some girl I didn't know bring it up months after I graduated randomly in Gamestop. (No, didn't lead to anything. I got all awkward and fled xD) I felt so good after the talent show though that another guy I knew at the time offered me a spot on stage with him and his dad's band for two songs. I jumped on it immediately, and had the same experience. I was nervous as all hell when I got up there, I knew I would be, so I made sure to bring a hat with a visor on it and spent my entire time looking down at my guitar while playing. But, again, it was INCREDIBLE. My family recorded it, so I went back and watched it later on. We were AWFUL. I messed up a bunch in the solos, and my friend actually had his drumstick fly out of his hands in the middle of one of the solos. (Though, I actually did well at that part and got all the attention on me. I felt pretty badass watching that part. :D)

Anyways, to wrap up my long ass... whatever this is, I'm now about to start writing one of the girls stories for Stewart-Class 7's visual novel "Chord Progression", which will be my first time in... well ever really, openly submitting my own writing for everyone to read and bitch about. I still get nervous about it, of course. I'm still afraid of people, and honestly even during those two times in my life where I was in front of a crowd, I looked at the floor the whole time shaking. It's just, I was able to focus on my playing instead of them, and that got me through. And that's really the secret for folks like us to get their time in the light I think. Focus 100% on what you're doing, enjoy it. Fuck everything else, and everyone else. Let the world fade away, all that matters is that you're enjoying your work. And if you do enjoy it, it'll be reflected in that work. Yeah, you will get haters, but you'll get people who like it too. If you make it, they will come. Sorry if that was a bit too jumbled, I'm exhausted.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Redbullet612 wrote:Anyways, to wrap up my long ass... whatever this is, I'm now about to start writing one of the girls stories for Stewart-Class 7's visual novel "Chord Progression", which will be my first time in... well ever really, openly submitting my own writing for everyone to read and bitch about. I still get nervous about it, of course. I'm still afraid of people, and honestly even during those two times in my life where I was in front of a crowd, I looked at the floor the whole time shaking. It's just, I was able to focus on my playing instead of them, and that got me through. And that's really the secret for folks like us to get their time in the light I think. Focus 100% on what you're doing, enjoy it. Fuck everything else, and everyone else. Let the world fade away, all that matters is that you're enjoying your work. And if you do enjoy it, it'll be reflected in that work. Yeah, you will get haters, but you'll get people who like it too. If you make it, they will come. Sorry if that was a bit too jumbled, I'm exhausted.
sorry if this is a tad off topic to the thread, i just wanted to say, that is why im not sure about either applying or just following along XD im not even that experienced a writer.

plus, im a guitarist too. >> are you my brother?!
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Redbullet612 wrote:Snip
I think that the moral of this story is fairly obvious - "If you never try, you will never accomplish."

I had a similar thing happen my junior year of high school. I decided to sing in the talent show, and of all things, "Believe" by Disturbed. I never sang in choir, so it was new territory for me. Come talent show night, I was so nervous my legs were shaking violently, and I had to pee like four times within ten minutes. They called me on stage, I went up there, and I gave it my best shot.

Did I do good? Nah, I was pretty lousy. But the important thing is that I tried. And I did have a few friends of mine say I was amazing (though I'm sure they were just humoring me).

We all get those feelings - "What if I'm not good enough?" I bet you dollars to doughnuts that President Obama gets up to that podium and says, over and over in the back of his mind, "Geez I sure hope I don't fuck up." It's human nature. If you give it your best shot it will be worth it, no matter the outcome.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

This will be a bit disjointed. I sometimes like to think about posts for a few days before saying anything.

Gandara, I read your story. It seems you're well on the path to a better life. You're an example for others. I just thought it was a really low thing that your friend did; even if there was a grain of truth in his worries, a true friend would have talked to you about it. It totally wasn't your fault, and it says much more about him than about you.

Xiious, I am ashamed to admit I was reluctant to believe your story. Shows what I know. I don't have much to add that the other HBHC members haven't said better. It's good that you told your story; now some more people, even though we are just internet types, know that wonderful girl existed.

I am also a New Brunswick son, though I live in Toronto now.

Aili, grab the brass ring. It's really cool that somebody is paying you for your art. If it does go badly you'll be a bit embarrassed and that will hurt, but it won't kill you. It sounds like the person who hired you has confidence in you, and you should have confidence in their judgment. It doesn't sound silly that you are nervous, but please don't let nerves hold you back.

Redbullet612, I used to play Violin in concerts and such, but only as part of an orchestra or chamber ensemble. I've never had the spotlight on me like that. I like your description of it.

Good job on committing to write a VN path! My wife's a writer, and she says never fear your editors, even if they get a bit harsh. You work as a team to make your writing the best it can be. I'll definitely be following that project.

With regard to my own situation, I've made a bit of progress. I did some of what they call "networking" at a meeting. I hate networking, it makes me feel foolish, but I did it anyway. I talked to a manager that I get on well with from another division and told him a highly sanitized version of my frustration with my job and my desire to do something more fulfilling. He might have a position under him opening up in 3 to 6 months that sounds a lot better and even pays more. He'll recommend me for it if it does turn into anything. I'm still in my rut, but at least I'm spinning my wheels again.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!