Shizune/Misha Love/Hate Relationship

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

shaftslammer

Shizune/Misha Love/Hate Relationship

Post by shaftslammer »

Be honest, is the only true reason you thoroughly dislike Shizune is because of Misha's unrequitted love during her act? Or more directly, because you liked misha mroe than shizune?
dunkelfalke

Re: Shizune/Misha Love/Hate Relationship

Post by dunkelfalke »

Nope. I disliked Shizune from the start because she is quite similar to her father. I cannot stand that kind of people.
And as for Misha, it am not a particular fan of her, but she is - for me - certainly much more likeable than Shizune.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
CNB

Post by CNB »

No, I dislike Shizune because she's an asshole.
shaftslammer

Post by shaftslammer »

CNB wrote:No, I dislike Shizune because she's an asshole.
There is more to your story. Share.
Palas

Post by Palas »

It has nothing to do with the spoilers. It's just that I like one, I can't bring myself to like the other one just as much. Especially when the other one is a self-proclaimed authority.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Um. I don't dislike Shizune at all. In fact she's one of my favorite characters in the game.

I will admit though, I was a little mad with her when I found out about her and Misha's past. But I forgave her once she realized how important she was to her and she tries to make things up with her.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I hate her because she made Hanako feel bad when they played speed chess.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I dislike her because she's too competitive for my liking. I'm all for competition, but not everything should be a game, and I'd have real problems with her for that reason.
The fact that her path was the weakest IMHO didn't help either.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Weakest? No. Hardest to appreciate might be more like it. It's a damned good one when taken on its own merits, beyond the usual path bloat and slightly clumsy prose in spots. It's rather a lot like Rin's in that there's a hefty entry barrier (i.e. Shizune's abrasive personality), but if she appeals to you then you've probably circumvented most of it. :)

I was pretty annoyed at how pushy she was at the start, but she really grew on me in the RPS game and the ending of Act 1. Her reaction to Misha wasn't what put me off, because that's pretty understandable given her lack of sexual interest in females. Her constant badgering of Hisao was what annoyed me; it reminded me of a hyperactive brony-vangelist on a sugar high who can't take a hint.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Synthus wrote:Her constant badgering of Hisao was what annoyed me; it reminded me of a hyperactive brony-vangelist on a sugar high who can't take a hint.
I am offended by your comment, sir.

Of course, Im not an extremist either.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Competition rules. Lets have some thread-appropriate music.

Love, HATE, love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2txB3mWG ... re=related
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I hate Shizune because she's an apathetic douchebag that made Hanako cry and go into shock because she though it would be funny to make Hisao look like a sleazeball in front of her. I like Misha because she's sexy and funny and cute.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I hate Shizune because she called me the "N" word.
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

I feel like I'm a terrible person and that everyone will hate me, but uh... I'm basically Shizune IRL, just not deaf. She's actually not my favourite because of that. She reminds me of how mean I can be sometimes :( . But other than that, no I don't dislike her at all. She's probably my second or third favourate character. (At time of writing, have not finished Lilly's path)
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.