Things Hisao did you would've done differently

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Thrasher Thetic

Re: Things Hisao did you would've done differently

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

I wouldn't be as much of a mopey douche all the time. Oh, and I'd have taken my health seriously in ALL routes, not just emi's.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Paul Atreides

Post by Paul Atreides »

dunkelfalke wrote:The whole situation with Emi's father was so crystal clear after enough hints were dropped that I think the whole second part of Emi's path would have been very different in my case. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be for the better.
This. Also, i am not the kind of guy who asks people about their life and what happened in the past, so i don't know if i will be closer with anyone.
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Roughly, I would say ... just about everything. A school for the disabled is not the place to be self-conscious about a heart problem, nor to be dismissive of it. A girl who opens up emotionally is not automatically begging for sex. Protection and support are different from coddling and condescension. These are things that I know that Hisao obviously didn't...
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

It would be pointless to totally reflect on what I would do different than Hisao, because I'm a totally different person and would most likely handle things completely different anyhow ;)

But, the thing that struck me the most was the persistent way Hisao kept pushing and pushing Hanako during her bad ending. No wonder she totally exploded. I was literally telling him to "back the **** off". That's something I would've totally handled differently, if getting in that situation at all.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Many of us would do things differently simply based on who we are.

We'd probably never end up in any girl's route because of that :D

Well, assuming I'd take different routes:

1) Lilly's route : I would have tried to find out about what's wrong with Lilly a lot earlier than Hisao did, even pushing her into it, reminding her that we're supposed to be in an honest relationship and how after all she had done for me/Hanako/class, she has the right to some support, too.

Also, I would've simply called the residence first before dashing after her to the airport. I'd have a goddamn heart condition. Hisao's way of going about it was idiotic.

And god dammit, I'd ask her to wear the red cheongsam more often.

2) Hanako's route: What would we all do different? I treat my friends as friends, not as holy objects or possessions. Assuming Hanako truly awakens such protective instincts then, of course, the sex scene. I would suggest sex to Hanako, would've assured her that I see her as an attractive woman et cetera, but I'd also remind her that it may simply be too early and perhaps we would come to that point naturally rather than forcing it before we even got into relationship.

Failing that and assuming I'm just thinking with my penis the moment I see her naked, in the morning I'd stop her from going immediately to class, tell her that we have moved somewhat rashly but that I don't regret it if it means she is now my girlfriend. Afterwards, I'd reveal my feelings on the matter. ("Oh my dear crispy flower, A-I-S-H-I-T-E-R-U!")

3) Emi Route. It takes an idiot to not guess Emi's dad is either dead or a very complicated issue.
Also, I'd never let Emi dictate what I should and shouldn't eat.

4) Rin's route. I guess I wouldn't go much differently at all, only at times I'd be just slightly more forceful about some things, so her self-destructive behaviors, total loss of any sense of stability and most of all the weirdness of her bad or neutral endings would never happen.

5) Shizune's route. All right. I admit it. I wouldn't get in a relationship with Shizune. Assuming she has mind control, I probably wouldn't be able to refuse Misha "comforting" when in a relationship with someone as annoying as Shizune. However.

Comforting is comforting. What Hisao and Misha did was empty sex. Really empty. I'd try to find out what is wrong and would've done my best to actually comfort her. Also, I'd do my best so the sex would not be empty of feelings, if possible and if it came down to it.

Next day, I'd break it up with Shizune. I'm too honest not to.

And then, I'd discuss with Misha how to proceed. She probably still had too many feelings for Shizune to move on, especially onto a guy, but still, they both need that.

Also, I'd probably get killed by Jigoro for badmouthing him openly.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Emi: "Mrs. Ibarazaki, I know her Dad's dead. I understand she doesn't want to talk to me about it, but. . .

Aside from that, the route played out pretty much the way I would do it.

-----

Hanako: "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Seriously. All he had to do was pause for like five seconds and ask.

-----

Lilly: "All right, I've got my clothes, my cell phone, my toothbrush, what else do I need. . . OH YES! THE MEDICATIONS THAT I NEED TO TAKE TO KEEP ME ALIVE HURR DURR."

Goddamn it, Hisao, you can't forget these things.

-----

Rin: "Hey, Emi/Mister Mutou? I don't know who to ask about this, but I'm worried about Rin. . ."

I can't say that I wouldn't tell her to do the art exhibit, because it would seem like a good idea at the time, but when it becomes clear that Rin's in trouble, why the hell wouldn't I tell someone that I'm worried?

-----

Shizune: "I wonder if the Nurse has any condoms in his office. . ."

Seriously, you two. Use protection.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

danyo wrote:
dunkelfalke wrote:The whole situation with Emi's father was so crystal clear after enough hints were dropped that I think the whole second part of Emi's path would have been very different in my case. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be for the better.
Yeah, I felt exactly the same way about that, I was thinking, how can you NOT figure it out already. Though I'm not sure if I would have brought it up myself, so I might have ended up the same way as hisao, but with less worrying about what was going on.
It's not about having it figured out what happened to her and her father but about Emi willing to open up and share her problems with him.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
danyo

Post by danyo »

gRaViJa wrote:
danyo wrote:
Yeah, I felt exactly the same way about that, I was thinking, how can you NOT figure it out already. Though I'm not sure if I would have brought it up myself, so I might have ended up the same way as hisao, but with less worrying about what was going on.
It's not about having it figured out what happened to her and her father but about Emi willing to open up and share her problems with him.
Yeah ofcourse, but it took hisao a long time to figure out the general idea of what happened. It's also what I meant, I probably wouldn't have brought it up myself, since it's emi that needs to open up about it :P
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Hanako - Violate her quicker than Lil B violate his bitches. Fuck you and your white knighting.

Emi -
Agree with Randall.

Lilly - Stop being a clingy pussy with her.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

gRaViJa wrote:
danyo wrote:
No, it was also about the fact that Hisao was such an unobservant dunce that he couldn't at least get an inkling of it on his own. I mean,seriously, after the whole "Her father... is not around... *sad face*" thing that Emi's mom pulls at the track meet you KNOW something's wrong. You figure out later that she lost her legs in an accident, she cries and mumbles about her dad in her sleep, and YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT THAT HE'S EITHER COMATOSE OR DEAD, HISAO? REALLY???? it was just so ridiculously obvious. Like having a horn on the top of your head and wearing ridiculous hats to cover it. You aren't fooling anyone. I think Hisao could have still broached the subject without being rude. Like one of the other posters said, bring it up with mom while Emi is "in the bathroom". She wouldn't even have to say yes, her face would tell the story. Afterward you could broach it with her by saying "Look Emi, I know you don't want to talk about what's bothering you, but I think you should know it's pretty obvious your Dad is dead and the loss is eating you up inside. No, nobody told me, I figured it out on my own. It wasn't hard. I want you to know that when you are ready, I am here for you. Until then I won't speak of it again and we will pretend this conversation never happened." "Now, how about that run?"

Also, in the shed scene, I would TOTALLY loosen Emi up a bit before just ramming it in like that. Seriously kids, you do NOT have Anal that way! It takes a bit of, well, "training" for a girl to be able to accept something as large as a penis back there. Its no wonder it went so badly. Also, always use a condom for that. Gotta keep the manhood clean!
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Also,in the shed scene, I would TOTALLY loosen Emi up a bit before just ramming it in like that. Seriously kids, you do NOT have Anal that way! It takes a bit of, well, "training" for a girl to be able to accept something as large as a penis back there. Its no wonder it went so badly. Also, always use a condom for that. Gotta keep the manhood clean!
Implying Hisao isn't a virgin and knew what he was doing.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Snow_Storm wrote:Implying Hisao isn't a virgin and knew what he was doing.
I don't imply. The game pretty well does though. Dude's a freakin' Casanova the way he handles women. No nervousness, no shyness, no "Um, yeah, I can't find the hole." issues. Just dives right in like he knows just what he's doing. Every girl has an orgasm too (at least, as far as I've gotten. Shizune -> Emi -> Rin), so he's got to have a bit of experience to be able to draw that out on the first go-round. Yeah, there is some trepidation there, and some bra fumbling, but otherwise he seems to know the ropes pretty well.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Hindsight makes these decisions a lot easier for us, so there is a chance that we would have done the same as Hisao did even if we think he made the wrong decision now. For me it would be:

Emi: A tough one, since she doesn't let anyone get close to her. Obviously I would have guessed the dead dad thing, but that isn't really a decision. I think Hisao got everything right in that route providing you get the good end that requires you to talk to Emi's mother. The bad end and the other route to the good end has some kind of flaw.

Lilly: Ask her what was wrong during the scene with Kenji near the end. Hisao was a complete idiot there. Also meds.

Hanako: Hisao should have got her consent before comforting her with his penis. Once again Hisao showed his idiocy. Also he completely fucked up in the bad end.

Rin: I would like to say the part where he rages at her, but what he did was understandable. Someone said a third option in The Scene about how she didn't have to go ahead with the exhibition if she didn't want to, I think that would have made sense.

Shizune: Hisao should have talked to her after the first H-scene. In fact he should have talked to her more in the whole visit. Also bad end.

Kenji: I would have never got into that position because Hisao could have easily hung around with someone else, probably Rin since she didn't really care if he was there or not. I would rather spend a day with Rin than Kenji, even if Kenji is an awesome character.
Paul Atreides

Post by Paul Atreides »

The thing i am most curious is how about you would handle Kenji's situations.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Bigbishounen wrote:but otherwise he seems to know the ropes pretty well.
He probably also had The Talk with Nyamo, probably at his previous school :mrgreen:
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me