Things Hisao did you would've done differently

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rivan

Re: Things Hisao did you would've done differently

Post by Rivan »

Bigbishounen wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:I'm pretty sure she's bi.
If so I doubt that the sex scene with Hisao would have been so incredibly uncomfortable and brief. She also mentions she'd never been with a guy before, so I'm not sure how you could say with certainty that she's bi if all her experiences up to this point had been lesbian ones. It seems to me that her sex with Hisao is more a desperate cry for help and attention than an honest declaration of bisexuality. And in the Shizune good ending this is made pretty clear. Misha admits that she didn't really want to do it with Hisao and she's gratified he turned her away. This starts her on the road to healing.

So yeah, still a lesbian, and still not gonna be turned by the power of your wang. :P
The awkwardness is pretty much expected. She is a virgin as far as boys go, perhaps at all. Biologically speaking, she still climaxes and she probably wouldn't turn directly to Hisao if she was 100% lesbian.

Second of all, she is having sex with her best friend's boyfriend. Unless you're a total bitch, it'll feel weird.

Third of all, regardless of the player's choice, Hisao has no feelings for Misha, so it's not like he really cares about how comfortable she is, either.

Last but not least if the scene wasn't awkward and was OK/awesome instead, then sex with Misha is by far better ending than "staying friends with Shizune and Misha in the future". At least for me ;)
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Titus

Post by Titus »

But what then? Shizune's her best friend ever and if they wont hang out anymore Misha will feel even worse. Also Hisao probably wont show up for student council anymore which was a big part of his life at Yamaku.

Is awkward sex with a bi girl and a sad future really all that's made out to be?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

Titus wrote:
GamerJM wrote:
Titus wrote:
No initiative.

Emi would be easy mode, you can at least try that.
[manly quote]
Well'p. There is only one path left then -- die bitter person at an unknown time :mrgreen:
:
Bahaha, well, I suppose so, but ya never know. If anything I could end up with another girl at the school or later in life. I do lack initiative though.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Titus wrote:Is awkward sex with a bi girl and a sad future really all that's made out to be?
Maybe if that wasn't the future version of the events that they forced on you...
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
ivegottogodosomething

Post by ivegottogodosomething »

In all honesty, I probably would have given up on trying to be friends with Rin. Her craziness and bi-polar attitude would drive me up the wall.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Titus wrote:But what then? Shizune's her best friend ever and if they wont hang out anymore Misha will feel even worse. Also Hisao probably wont show up for student council anymore which was a big part of his life at Yamaku.

Is awkward sex with a bi girl and a sad future really all that's made out to be?
Shizune making such a decision on her own actually strikes me as very inappropriate. Bad end Shizune isn't deserving of Hisao's or Misha's friendship, if you ask me.

And yes. If you make an awesome sex scene with someone like Misha awesome, I think it could be worth one break-up.

Only I'd be the one to make the break-up. I'm too honest to avoid the issue. Honestly, if it wasn't fetish - vs - girlfriend I don't even like and treats me like her worker, I doubt I'd ever cheat. Once I did, there's only one fair way out, and that's calling the relationship off.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

Rivan wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Why should he have to spoiler tag? Why would anyone come to a discussion forum for anything without finishing it (or getting caught up to the latest part)?
There are three great sad moments and utter mysteries in the game.

1) Kenji without glasses. Eyes of a shaman.
2) Misha's blasphemy. Cutting her hair.
3) Misha's disability. She's a lesbian.

For the comfort and safety of everyone involved, they must always be spoiler-tagged.

But, seriously, I just figured there may be some people who completed 3 or so routes and haven't gotten to Shizune's yet, but want to throw in their few coins.
hey, exist some mysteries who no had never be resolved.
Kenji´s ex-girlfriend.is Yuuko? is another girl? why really ended with her? (because the Strangelove "vital loose" reference is so rare who must be another thing)...why he always cover with the scarf and that glasses even in summer, even in the bathroom? why his social fear and paranoia about feminists, if when talk with his female classmates he acts "normal"? ...he maybe talks in backwards? what about his future or vocation? ...he always try to act too manly, who looks strange...is a closeted gay-bi?...why that weird interest for Hisao? probably he talks with him more than the rest of Yamaku.
Rin Parents. where they go? are alive?
Shizune Mother. she is dead or is separated from Jigoro?
Yuuko.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

It's Yuuko, it's because he was exhausted after sex and thought she was a succubus, and that's also why he hates women. Mystery solved.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:It's Yuuko, it's because he was exhausted after sex and thought she was a succubus, and that's also why he hates women. Mystery solved.
he hates feminists, no women...and he said who his ex-girlfriend no was "crazy" like much women, that means who even after the event, he cares for her...weird, nee?
some things who probaly i do diferent than Hisao (if i were a men, of course):
-No drinks too much alcohol in the roof with Kenji. That was dangerous in all levels: For Hisao heart, for stay in a high and no very secure place, for be underage, etc. And knowing who we do something reunited in the roof, maybe i would bring something to eat there (and another thing to drink, no alcohol) maybe the story would be different.Probably i would ended crying with Kenji (happen me lots of times, without a drop of licour) and be friends. He not only is funny, had something noble incide, and that is important for me.
-Never forget my pills in Lilly route. im like this. Specially if are that cuantity. (some years ago i had anemia and must taked lots of vitamins and iron pills. never forgot anyone) And im a bit hipocondriac, then in the first weird pump of my crazy heart, run to the nurse for see who happened.
-No pressed Hanako. Im shy too and no like be too pushy.
-With Rin, we get along very right, but how im more insecure, maybe had my doubts about the Nomiya´idea and said her who adquire more experience in life before start her art carrier, or even study another thing AND be an artist in same time like another sugerence. Maybe we will friends, lovers and even rivals in same time.
-With Shizune, im not so objetive than her, but probaly i will be a good friend with her. I like that kind of people, remind me my own mom.
-Emi? friends! i can´t run like her because i have flat feet.
Last edited by VIVI on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:It's Yuuko, it's because he was exhausted after sex and thought she was a succubus, and that's also why he hates women. Mystery solved.
i c wut u did thar.

I read too much fanfiction :D
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

I would have advised Rin against doing the art show. but wasn't given that choice.
If I walked in on Rin trying to masturbate like that I would have taken her out of there and as far away from those artsy fartsy freaks as I could instead of taking the 'here let me give you a hand with that' approach Hisao used.
A father too ashamed of his daughter to learn to communicate with her? Disgraceful!
A father trying to force his daughter to speak normally when it isn't possible? Abusive!
A father carrying around a katana and acting all bluff and blustery! Compensating for something are you?
I would have comforted Misha, but comforting does not mean screwing, and yes, I knew the difference when I was Hisao's age. Being 17 is not an excuse for stupidity like some folks are claiming in this thread.
Hanako is showing me her nearly naked body so I can see her scars. She must want me to screw her instead of trying to explain that those scars are not 'all of her' like she's thinking. See above.
I would have made it clear to the ladies of the council that if they want my help all they have to do is ask for it, I don't respond well to coercion.
I'd tell Kenji to keep his delusions to himself or else I'd flush him down the toilet with the rest of the shit he's spewing. If that didn't work I'd turn him in for having booze in his room so he'll be expelled and away from me.

I can't claim to be an expert on eroges but I have played enough of them to know that the protagonist is rarely portrayed as the brightest bulb in the pack, but some things Hisao does or doesn't do seems to take it to another level.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

I probably would not have survived Hanako. I would have HNNNNNNNG'd to death. So I guess that's one thing I'd do differently. The other things are probably everything else.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

I would have just opened up about the origin of my heart attack and come up with some cliche speech
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

Everyone mentions discouraging Rin on the art show even though honestly encouraging it is a good idea as most artists are their own worst critic. No one mentions that's Hisao is a gods damned stubborn idiot. Basically all the problems in Rin's path can be summed up by Rin not knowing how to talk to people and Hisao being such an idiot he can't pick up on things like "I've never hugged anyone before" and a codeine kiss as signs that Rin has romantic feelings for him and can't figure out how to say it.

I actively despised much of the Rin path simply because Hisao was an idiot.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

VIVI wrote: Rin Parents. where they go? are alive?
Shizune Mother. she is dead or is separated from Jigoro?
Rin's parents are alive, they're mentioned when Nomiya brings Hisao and Rin to meet Sae.

I'm kind of wondering about what happened to Shizune's mom too, and I'm assuming [shimmietag]Mayoi[/shimmietag] is canonically her mother (and presumably [shimmietag]Karla[/shimmietag] is Lilly's).