Things Hisao did you would've done differently

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: Things Hisao did you would've done differently

Post by NoOne3 »

micechasekittens wrote:Things Hisao did you would've done differently
EVERYTHING!
Yup, that's pretty much all.

But to elaborate, I guess since I'm a different person (and a real person instead of a fictional one) I would tackle it all quite differently. Probably not better, but there was so many point's I didn't understand him, I stopped counting.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Beat Shizune at a game. Be more assertive in romance. Hisao didn't even have the balls to say "date" when he wanted a date with Shizune in one scene -- did he learn nothing from being around her?

Not cave in to Shizune's questioning about buying birthday presents for Hanako (or should I?). Ask Hanako "do you want to?"

But really what I would've done differently is the dialogue, as I'm sure everyone else including me have different things to say to each heroine.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Hanako: As someone else said, I'd ask her if it was really what she wanted. Also, I would've dragged Shizune (and Misha) aside and told her to shut her fucking face and not make Hanako cry and go into shock like the fucking insensitive douchebag that she is.

Lilly: First off, I would've remembered to take my meds. Second, I'd man up and tell Lilly that she should stay, and make her say that she wants to, without having to give myself a heart attack at an airport.

Rin: I'd tell her that she didn't have to do the art thing. Also, I would've quit the art club as soon as it became apparent that Nomiya was a douchebag.

Emi: I would've told her earlier that I never saw her as a cripple and that I don't want to save her, that I just want to be with her.

Shizune: Fuck that bitch, I'm nailing Misha. Seriously, everything about her is better, and having a story with her would've been way more interesting (she definitely has a past and some inner turmoil, so it's not like there's a shortage of things to work with).
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

Well, the thing is....if I was in Hisao's shoes, I guess I would have "ended up" on Kenji's path since I probably would have never actually pursued any of the girls. And in Kenji's "route" I never would have gotten drunk >_>.

So, yeah....that's me I guess. I guess that just shows how boring I can be.
Titus

Post by Titus »

GamerJM wrote:Well, the thing is....if I was in Hisao's shoes, I guess I would have "ended up" on Kenji's path since I probably would have never actually pursued any of the girls. And in Kenji's "route" I never would have gotten drunk >_>.

No initiative.

Emi would be easy mode, you can at least try that.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Shizune: Fuck that bitch, I'm nailing Misha. Seriously, everything about her is better, and having a story with her would've been way more interesting (she definitely has a past and some inner turmoil, so it's not like there's a shortage of things to work with).
Just run through Shizune's "Bad End" to see how well THAT would go. :roll: :lol:

Seriously dude. Misha's a lesbian. Unless you're James Bond, the power of your wang ain't gonna stop that train.

And what's with the hate for Shizune? No love for the semi-tsundere girls? Wimp. :twisted:

(Just messin' with ya dude. :wink: )
Last edited by Bigbishounen on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I'm pretty sure she's bi.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Bigbishounen wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Shizune: Fuck that bitch, I'm nailing Misha. Seriously, everything about her is better, and having a story with her would've been way more interesting (she definitely has a past and some inner turmoil, so it's not like there's a shortage of things to work with).
Just run through Shizune's "Bad End" to see how well THAT would go. :roll: :lol:

Seriously dude. Misha's a lesbian. Unless you're James Bond, the power of your wang ain't gonna stop that train.

And what's with the hate for Shizune? No love for the semi-tsundere girls? Wimp. :twisted:

(Just messin' with ya dude. :wink: )
Sssss-poiler tag that Misha thing, man!

Also, given her actions, I'm pretty sure she is bi-curious. Just from the other side of the scope.
A bicurious lesbian. Freakin hilarious.
Last edited by Rivan on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Why should he have to spoiler tag? Why would anyone come to a discussion forum for anything without finishing it (or getting caught up to the latest part)?
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Why should he have to spoiler tag? Why would anyone come to a discussion forum for anything without finishing it (or getting caught up to the latest part)?
There are three great sad moments and utter mysteries in the game.

1) Kenji without glasses. Eyes of a shaman.
2) Misha's blasphemy. Cutting her hair.
3) Misha's disability. She's a lesbian.

For the comfort and safety of everyone involved, they must always be spoiler-tagged.

But, seriously, I just figured there may be some people who completed 3 or so routes and haven't gotten to Shizune's yet, but want to throw in their few coins.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
GamerJM

Post by GamerJM »

Titus wrote:
GamerJM wrote:Well, the thing is....if I was in Hisao's shoes, I guess I would have "ended up" on Kenji's path since I probably would have never actually pursued any of the girls. And in Kenji's "route" I never would have gotten drunk >_>.

No initiative.

In order to get on Emi's route I'd need to be able to want to over-exert myself when running which is something I can't even bring myself to do. Actually, I'd suppose that's one thing I'd do differently; the first time I'd go running with Emi, I wouldn't take it easy but I wouldn't over-exert myself either. IDK if that would make me end up on Emi's path or not though. If I did end up on Emi's path....pretty much most of it wouldn't happen. I would prevent the shed scene from happening and probably most (if not all) of the sex. In the case of her dad thing, I think what I'd do would actually be kind of similar to Hisao. I mean, I'd know that she would have problems with her dad, but I wouldn't quite know how to bring it up. I might be more confrontational with the nurse about it. That's definitely who I'd talk to; I don't know if I'd be comfortable with talking to Emi's mom about it since she obviously had to deal with the loss herself, and Rin's....well, Rin. I wouldn't know how to bring it up around Emi since it's obviously a delicate subject and I don't know how good I am at bringing up delicate subjects.

I wouldn't end up on Rin's path since I wouldn't join the art club because I don't join clubs or things that I don't have a genuine inherit interest in. I'd be interested in hanging out with Rin, but I think I'd realize early on that I can't really connect or understand her on a very high level.

Hanako would take a lot of effort to be with. I think I would just ignore her in "Act 1" because I figure people like that generally want to be left alone (not always the right conclusion, but I'm too introverted to assume anything else).

As for Lilly....hmmm, I'm not sure. I'm looking at the flow chart right now and it seems like your likelihood of ending up with her is reliant a lot on how nice you are to Hanako, which is kind of weird but I understand why. So I guess I would never take the initiative to start a relationship with Lilly because I would never get to know Hanako? I guess I could in-theory end up on Lilly's path. In which case I'm not sure what else I'd do. I wouldn't drink and I probably would get creeped out by the whole idea of bathtub sex and thus that scene would never happen. Being forgetful of taking medications sounds like something I'd do, though I'm still not sure if I actually would >_>. I'm not sure how I would handle Lilly moving to Scotland. On one hand I'd almost certainly fall in love with her, but on another hand I'm a pretty easy-going guy and I would probably just go "welp, I guess it's time to face the facts," and not go to the airport. I might get used to her blindness faster than Hisao did, or maybe not.

With Shizune....I would never end up on her path. She's really not the type of person I'd hang out with, especially from the impressions she gives off in Act 1.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:I'm pretty sure she's bi.
If so I doubt that the sex scene with Hisao would have been so incredibly uncomfortable and brief. She also mentions she'd never been with a guy before, so I'm not sure how you could say with certainty that she's bi if all her experiences up to this point had been lesbian ones. It seems to me that her sex with Hisao is more a desperate cry for help and attention than an honest declaration of bisexuality. And in the Shizune good ending this is made pretty clear. Misha admits that she didn't really want to do it with Hisao and she's gratified he turned her away. This starts her on the road to healing.

So yeah, still a lesbian, and still not gonna be turned by the power of your wang. :P
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Rivan wrote:Sssss-poiler tag that Misha thing, man!

Also, given her actions, I'm pretty sure she is bi-curious. Just from the other side of the scope.
A bicurious lesbian. Freakin hilarious.
No problem, went back and tagged it. You might want to also spoiler tag the quote though. Kinda defeats the purpose of warning me if you are just doubling-up on the spoilers. :lol:
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I still doubt she's a lesbian. Just because the sex with her was empty, doesn't mean that it's like that with all guys (and apparently that was her first time with a guy, so we wouldn't know anyway). Plus, how can we really tell? There were absolutely zero competing love interests for the girls (except for the track captain, if you count Hisao's paranoia), so there's really no reaction to gauge it on. This really just seems like WMG, making judgments based on little information, like the "Rin haz assburgerz!" thread.

edit: Apparently you responded to me before I could post my response, so I'll just add my counter argument here.
Bigbishounen wrote: If so I doubt that the sex scene with Hisao would have been so incredibly uncomfortable and brief.

Maybe, and don't quote me on this, maybe she didn't care about Hisao specifically and just wanted to stick it to Shizune. Like I said, just because she had one bad sexual experience with a man, doesn't necessarily make her a lesbian.
She also mentions she'd never been with a guy before, so I'm not sure how you could say with certainty that she's bi if all her experiences up to this point had been lesbian ones.

No, she stated that she never had sex with a guy before. Big difference. Plus, there are bisexual women who prefer other women. Doesn't make them lesbian.
It seems to me that her sex with Hisao is more a desperate cry for help and attention than an honest declaration of bisexuality. And in the Shizune good ending this is made pretty clear. Misha admits that she didn't really want to do it with Hisao and she's gratified he turned her away. This starts her on the road to healing.

Like I said, probably just an effort to stick it to Shizune.
So yeah, still a lesbian (unspoilered because go finish the fucking game), and still not gonna be turned by the power of your wang. :P

Like I said, there's really no way we can tell if she doesn't like guys. We wouldn't have known that she liked girls if she didn't just flat out tell us.
Last edited by Dr. Robotnik on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Titus

Post by Titus »

GamerJM wrote:
Titus wrote:

No initiative.

[manly quote]
Well'p. There is only one path left then -- die bitter person at an unknown time :mrgreen:

Some can't see past the bitching and recognize the love :wink: