Most Physically Attractive Girl

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which of the girls in Katawa Shoujo is the most physically attractive?

Emi Ibarazaki
12%
Hanako Ikezawa
17%
Lilly Satou
29%
Rin Tezuka
4%
Shizune Hakamichi
13%
Shiina “Misha” Mikado
8%
Yuuko Shirakawa
2%
Akira Satou
3%
Miki Miura
6%
Mrs Meiko Ibarazaki
5%
Sae Saionji (Nomiya's friend)
0%

Total votes: 3221

Iroha

Re: Most Physically Attractive Girl

Post by Iroha »

Sethkowns wrote:Hanako is the most physically and facially attractive. Scars do nothing to hurt her looks.
^ This. It's easy (at least for me) to look past Hanako's scars because she's so pretty.
The runner up for me would probably be Lilly. Then Shizune and Misha are pretty cute as well.
As for Rin, she's cute, I just wish she had longer hair, but that isn't going to happen due to her lack of arms. Even though she's my favorite girl, she isn't the cutest to me.
Emi is cute... but the adorable, loli kind of cute. Love her eyes, though.

Miki was really cute, also. I wish she had a route ; n ;
Rin = Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Iroha wrote:
Sethkowns wrote:Hanako is the most physically and facially attractive. Scars do nothing to hurt her looks.
^ This. It's easy (at least for me) to look past Hanako's scars because she's so pretty.
The runner up for me would probably be Lilly. Then Shizune and Misha are pretty cute as well.
As for Rin, she's cute, I just wish she had longer hair, but that isn't going to happen due to her lack of arms. Even though she's my favorite girl, she isn't the cutest to me.
Emi is cute... but the adorable, loli kind of cute. Love her eyes, though.

Miki was really cute, also. I wish she had a route ; n ;
That's alright. We're going to bug the devs until they give us that DLC. :mrgreen:

Yeah, Miki was pretty cute. It's even more awesome cos she acts just one of the guys.

But in terms of figure, I'd take Lilly over Shizune, though only barely. They're both pretty.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Miki! Evolution has geared me towards dark complexions and sporty bods. I really wish that the devs had given her more personality then "teehee I'm a tomboy!" I would have written her as in between Rin and Emi - the determination and presence-of-mind of an athlete combined with a kind of creativity that would express itself through physical pursuits, regardless of oddity. She would be the girl that couldn't resist climbing a good tree if she saw one.

The second is a tie between Meiko and Sae. Don't look at me like that.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
fabio.salvador

Post by fabio.salvador »

I was going to vote for Hanako, but she has those scars...

So I voted for Lili.

I think Rin is the only girl in this game whose disability would REALLY frek me out if I interacted to her in reality.
If I were free to choose, whenever any character did anything to hurt Hanako, I would be able to call that person outdoors and the game screen would change to Street-Fighter-esque mode.
Chekchie

Post by Chekchie »

*superficial mode*

Emi: Too young looking to me ^^'
Hanako: Not enough curves...
Lily: Tall, thin, blue eyes, curves :3
Rin: Non-anorexic body (I really don't know how to say that in another way o_O), red haired, cute innocent look :3
Shizune: Too thin for me =X
Misha: Her new haircut killed me DOSE DRILLS D:
Yuuko: I just don't like her haircut/dress .w.
Akira: OMG Forgot to vote for her >__<" She's just too cool and handsome (yeah handsome I said)
Miki: Too Yoruichi like to me =/
Meiko: Seems too motherly ^^'
Sae: I prefer young persons...
Mugendai

Post by Mugendai »

#1 for me would be Hanako. She's still pretty and extremely cute, despite her scars, which I find very easy to look past. Put simply and bluntly, I know someone IRL who looks much, much more scarred than Hanako. For one thing, he's missing some fingers. I got used to his scars after about the third time meeting him, and he's probably the smartest guy I know, and was a decent friend.

#2 would have to be Emi, mainly because she's also quite cute. Cuteness is a trait that appeals to me the most physically.

#3 is Misha, because she's pleasantly bodied and has pink hair. I don't know why I like pink hair so much, but there you have it.
Completed routes in order: Emi, Kenji, Hanako, Rin
Titus

Post by Titus »

Wow, I can't fucking believe Hanako actually beat Shizune. Do people really think near fatal burn scars are as easy to look past or seem insignificant to overall attractiveness as they they are in game?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Titus wrote:Wow, I can't fucking believe Hanako actually beat Shizune. Do people really think near fatal burn scars are as easy to look past or seem insignificant to overall attractiveness as they they are in game?
Frankly, yes. The way Hanako's scars are depicted in the game art is actually pretty cute, to be honest. And based on some pictures of burn scarring I've seen around these forums, I don't think it would be too hard to look past similar scars in real life, either. Furthermore, some people flat out don't find Shizune's tomboyish look attractive at all.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Speaking from personal experience having dated a girl with some major burn scars, yes... and no.

Once you've been around them for a while, you begin to think of the burn scars as simply part of the person. You'd say "she has bad burn scars" the same way you'd say "she has long hair," or "that girl over there has lots of freckles." it's not that you don't notice them, because that would be silly. It's like not noticing somebody has a nose. You just look at them and expect to see it and it's just not important.
Not Dead Yet
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Voted:

Well, since this precludes any emotional attachment....

#1: Hanako. She is fairly tall, love her facial structure, her body structure and he scars. I dont have to look past her scars. Her scars are her just as much as the rest of her is. Her scars have a beauty all their own. To look past and ignore that part of her would be looking past and ignoring a part of the person themselves, and I find that unacceptable. If you have to look past that to see her beauty, then don't bother.

#2: Lilly. She is tall, long hair, blonde, blue eyes. She takes pride in herself and her appearance.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Mirrormn wrote:
Titus wrote:Wow, I can't fucking believe Hanako actually beat Shizune. Do people really think near fatal burn scars are as easy to look past or seem insignificant to overall attractiveness as they they are in game?
Frankly, yes. The way Hanako's scars are depicted in the game art is actually pretty cute, to be honest. And based on some pictures of burn scarring I've seen around these forums, I don't think it would be too hard to look past similar scars in real life, either. Furthermore, some people flat out don't find Shizune's tomboyish look attractive at all.
Oh God...I've seen some burn scars, I won't lie to myself and pretend to be an accepting white knight and it did repulse me to be quite honest. So I just applied that feeling to Hanako, someone with bad scars along half her body and I don't know if it's just me but the true weight of her appearance struck me. True as far as a fictional character can go at least.

The scars in game were really nothing, but imagining them on a real person, with even with google images to use as a guide can make you see it. The deformity of the scars.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Titus wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:
Oh God...I've seen some burn scars, I won't lie to myself and pretend to be an accepting white knight and it did repulse me to be quite honest. So I just applied that feeling to Hanako, someone with bad scars along half her body and I don't know if it's just me but the true weight of her appearance struck me. True as far as a fictional character can go at least.

The scars in game were really nothing, but imagining them on a real person, with even with google images to use as a guide can make you see it. The deformity of the scars.
Ive known people in real life with rather severe burn scars. I know what they look like. They didnt bother me in the least because they are still a person just as much as I am.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Titus wrote: The scars in game were really nothing
Indeed, and Hanako only exists in game :P
Titus wrote:but imagining them on a real person, with even with google images to use as a guide can make you see it. The deformity of the scars.
Many Google Image results for burn scars show pictures of people just after being burned, i.e., without the burns having healed at all. Old, healed scars are much less prominent. There have been images and videos around these forums that can evidence that fact. I'd go and find some of them for you, but I'm actually kind of busy at the moment (I honestly shouldn't be on the forums right now at all!). There was a whole thread about real life burn scarring at one point.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Titus

Post by Titus »

ArazelEternal wrote:
Titus wrote:

Ive known people in real life with rather severe burn scars. I know what they look like. They didnt bother me in the least because they are still a person just as much as I am.
Well, since people usually notice the superficial first and can be horrified at grotesque appearances I am glad you didn't give a shit. Oh hell no I don't believe you, people may get used to things over time but absolutely not caring at all? Yea...there's something you're not telling me.
Many Google Image results for burn scars show pictures of people just after being burned, i.e., without the burns having healed at all. Old, healed scars are much less prominent. There have been images and videos around these forums that can evidence that fact. I'd go and find some of them for you, but I'm actually kind of busy at the moment (I honestly shouldn't be on the forums right now at all!). There was a whole thread about real life burn scarring at one point.
I've seen worse than what google images show, it'd be unfair to the person if I'd described him but it wasn't a pretty sight and certainly those wounds didn't heal. People just wont ignore his scars, and unlike Hanako he can't hide with with his almost non existent hair.

Just like that "elephant in the room" part with Yuuko. She basically says to ignore it or to not treat it for what it is. You can accept it as a part of a person as a whole but goddamnit, if that disability defines so much of who you are don't treat it as if it wasn't.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Well, since people usually notice the superficial first and can be horrified at grotesque appearances I am glad you didn't give a shit. Oh hell no I don't believe you, people may get used to things over time but absolutely not caring at all? Yea...there's something you're not telling me.
Maybe he's (she's?) just not as superficial as you.
I've seen worse than what google images show, it'd be unfair to the person if I'd described him but it wasn't a pretty sight and certainly those wounds didn't heal. People just wont ignore his scars, and unlike Hanako he can't hide with with his almost non existent hair.
Interesting. I feel you and me come from opposite ends of the spectrum in past experiences. You've know somebody that was badly burned, it horrified you, and you automatically think of those experiences when dealing with a new character. Myself, I've seen horrible scars and not thought much of them, therefore I find it easier to ignore when other situation come up.
Just like that "elephant in the room" part with Yuuko. She basically says to ignore it or to not treat it for what it is. You can accept it as a part of a person as a whole but goddamnit, if that disability defines so much of who you are don't treat it as if it wasn't.
She said it's only a big deal if you make it a big deal. Nobody should be defined by their injuries. Just because somebody has bad scars or a disability doesn't mean you should treat that as their defining characteristic. You treat them as a person first. Maybe this person has certain needs that others don't, but then again disabilities or not, everybody needs help with something.

Also, my dad would punch you in the face if you tried to say the most important thing about him was his missing leg and the bad scars on his remaining one.
Not Dead Yet