Most Physically Attractive Girl

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which of the girls in Katawa Shoujo is the most physically attractive?

Emi Ibarazaki
12%
Hanako Ikezawa
17%
Lilly Satou
29%
Rin Tezuka
4%
Shizune Hakamichi
13%
Shiina “Misha” Mikado
8%
Yuuko Shirakawa
2%
Akira Satou
3%
Miki Miura
6%
Mrs Meiko Ibarazaki
5%
Sae Saionji (Nomiya's friend)
0%

Total votes: 3221

Mysterious Stranger

Re: Most Physically Attractive Girl

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Wander wrote:Scarring from burns really aren't necessarily that horrible to look at imo. The first example I can think of is the legendary Formula 1 Driver Niki Lauda, who burned the upper part of his face really badly when he was trapped in a burning car after an accident at the Nurburgring. He lost most of his right ear too. But if you look at some pictures, well... It's obviously there, the scarring, but the colouring of the skin isn't that far from normal etc. It's more about the fact that the burned area is quite rough etc.

(snip)

E: In fact, the main thing that you'd expect to be worse in reality is that there probably wouldn't be any hair growing on the side that was burned. You see Niki is missing his eyebrows, even decades later. Maybe Hanako is wearing a wig. :lol:
Ah, well, maybe I'm wrong, then. Excellent counterpoint. Although the idea of Hanako wearing a purple wig throughout the entire game is pretty goddamn hilarious.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

If I only consider physical features, I'll have to go with Lilly.

Personality would go to Emi, because she reminds me so much of a girl I know in how she acts.

But... I picked Hanako. Partly because I prefer darker colored hair. Another reason is because I love smiles. A nice smile adds a lot of "points" to me on a girl, and because Hanako has a cute smile, and because she rarely shared it with anyone, it's all it took. That's the only way I can explain it.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

After seeing a number of burn scar photos (skimming Google), I can't say as I think an IRL Hanako would any more ugly than she is in the game. The real ugly disfigurements aren't caused by surface scarring, but by missing noses, ears, lips, and hair. That rough texture would need some getting used to, though.

Hanako's a cutie, even with the scars. She's not missing a nose, lips, or (I believe) an ear, and it doesn't look like the hair is fake. So unless scars are a turn-off for you, I don't see what the problem would be, other than that perhaps you've never seen or touched a scarred face before.
Brodoin wrote:If I only consider physical features, I'll have to go with Lilly.

Personality would go to Emi, because she reminds me so much of a girl I know in how she acts.

But... I picked Hanako. Partly because I prefer darker colored hair. Another reason is because I love smiles. A nice smile adds a lot of "points" to me on a girl, and because Hanako has a cute smile, and because she rarely shared it with anyone, it's all it took. That's the only way I can explain it.
Welcome to the jungle.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

BobBobberson wrote:
Wander wrote:I actually do think there's something hot about a cute girl with scarring, hahah.

But talking of Hanako, I'm sure this has been discussed in threads dedicated to her, but I haven't finished her path so I'm not looking at those, isn't it nowadays easily possible to fix those kinds of effects from sever burning with all kinds of cosmetic surgery, skin transplants, laser treatment and whatever. Maybe too expensive or whatever tho.

But seriously, I don't think it even matters that much.
Ehh, I think this game took place somewhere in the early 2000s, since mobile phones were still expensive, there isn't much use or mention of the interne, among other bits and pieces of the dialogue picked up from playing all the routes.
Or more like mid 2000's. Hanako's cellphone has an in-built digital camera and its overall design looks from around 2005/6, it's very likely that it also has MP3 playback function.
Hisao's phone looks more primitive than Hanako's, and it's clamshell style, colour display aswell, and very mid 2000's.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Xerxes wrote:Or more like mid 2000's. Hanako's cellphone has an in-built digital camera and its overall design looks from around 2005/6
Sounds about right.
Xerxes wrote:it's very likely that it also has MP3 playback function.
Wat? How do you come to that conclusion?
Xerxes wrote:Hisao's phone looks more primitive than Hanako's, and it's clamshell style, colour display aswell, and very mid 2000's.
Hisao pretty specifically says that his phone model is the exact same as Hanako's. That fact is even used to make her giggle!
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

BobBobberson wrote:
But Hanako had some good looks even with the scars. If she never got burned, she'd have guys throwing themselves at her 24/7 (Including me, If i went to Yamaku anyways lol )
I'd still be throwing myself at her 24/7 as she is.
2 mile+ walk each day.
Days: 30
Days Missed: 1 (due to rain)
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Xerxes wrote:Or more like mid 2000's. Hanako's cellphone has an in-built digital camera and its overall design looks from around 2005/6, it's very likely that it also has MP3 playback function.
Hisao's phone looks more primitive than Hanako's, and it's clamshell style, colour display aswell, and very mid 2000's.
Rather than analyze cellphone models, I'd point to Misha's casual wear.

Somewhat more telling, wouldn't you say?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Mirrormn wrote:
Xerxes wrote:Or more like mid 2000's. Hanako's cellphone has an in-built digital camera and its overall design looks from around 2005/6
Sounds about right.
Xerxes wrote:it's very likely that it also has MP3 playback function.
Wat? How do you come to that conclusion?
Xerxes wrote:Hisao's phone looks more primitive than Hanako's, and it's clamshell style, colour display aswell, and very mid 2000's.
Hisao pretty specifically says that his phone model is the exact same as Hanako's. That fact is even used to make her giggle!
Oh, I remember that now, really. :lol:
The external display is vertical, like the ones of those pendrive-shaped MP3 players. But I digress. Maybe I'm just overanalyzing.
Mysterious Stranger wrote:Rather than analyze cellphone models, I'd point to Misha's casual wear.

Yeah, that too. :lol:
But the Bush-Cheney thing is because is suggesting Misha's sex preferences, because both Cheney's and Bush's daughters happen to be out-of-closet lesbians
But then again, I'm digressing.
Anyway, I believe we can safely say that KS takes place in mid 2000's. No more evidences needed I guess. This also mean that these characters are about my age since I graduated from High-School in 2005.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Rather than analyze cellphone models, I'd point to Misha's casual wear.

Yeah, that too. :lol:
But the Bush-Cheney thing is because is suggesting Misha's sexuallity, because both Cheney's and Bush's daughters happen to be out-of-closet lesbians
But then again, I'm digressing.
Anyway, I believe we can safely say that KS takes place in mid 2000's. No more evidences needed I guess. This also mean that these characters are about my age since I graduated from High-School in 2005.
To the bolded part: That might just be a coincidence.
But I don't think we can date this game any earlier than, perhaps, early 2005. 2006 or 2007, when they began this project, seems more likely to me, unless American T-shirts have a habit of travelling to the Far East in less than a couple months. :?
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I think the devs literally stated that she grabbed the shirt at a pawnshop because she liked the way it looked, somewhat implying that its actual meaning is lost on her.

I couuuuld be making that up though.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
tairabiteru

Post by tairabiteru »

Lilly for her blue eyes~ But, in my opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :wink:
Autopsy

Post by Autopsy »

TamagoTwo wrote:We never get to see Hanako's mum though do we? So no one can genuinely say they think she's the most physically attractive.
Look at cpl crud's (writer for Hanako arc) profile picture. It's one of the artists' drawings of Hanako as a kid being held by her mother.
Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Irrealis

Post by Irrealis »

Wander wrote:E: In fact, the main thing that you'd expect to be worse in reality is that there probably wouldn't be any hair growing on the side that was burned. You see Niki is missing his eyebrows, even decades later. Maybe Hanako is wearing a wig. :lol:
One of the early fan pictures has Hakano with no hair along the burnt side of her head. I just assume that she grew her hair strategically to hide the scares.

As for the most attractive girl of them all, I'm going with Shizune then Lily. Shizune got the nice dark hair and the glasses, Lily got nice hight and the long blonde hair. And both of them have right curves in the right places. As for the other girls ... hmm. I like the petite girls as well, but Emi is ... too petite for my taste. Rin is alright, and I can't really move beyond Hanako's scares (I'm a bad person :()

One of other thing. Sae reminds of an older Japanese woman I know (a former professor of mine). There a certain ... 'tightness' to their faces. It's clearly a face of middle age, of transition between youth and old age. It's got a kind of beauty in of itself, I think.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion. -- Sir Francis Bacon

100% Completion
Sethkowns

Post by Sethkowns »

Hanako is the most physically and facially attractive. Scars do nothing to hurt her looks.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Hideaki.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi