Valid points that I do not understand

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
AnonymousOfNorway

Re: Valid points that I do not understand

Post by AnonymousOfNorway » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:22 am

I didn't necessarily mean that people are definitely in one box or the other, but I thought that list might help show that there's different perspectives, not just the "either you're a pervert or you're not".
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha

Swoopie

Post by Swoopie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 am

AnonymousOfNorway wrote:I didn't necessarily mean that people are definitely in one box or the other, but I thought that list might help show that there's different perspectives, not just the "either you're a pervert or you're not".
True, just teasing you a bit, like I said, you've got a point. And it's indeed far from black and white, boxes with nuances :)

Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:04 am

Perversion is a subjective value judgement that exists only in the mind of the assessor. There exists no objective standard for perversion. Debating this is pointless.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.

Swoopie

Post by Swoopie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Thrasher Thetic wrote:Perversion is a subjective value judgement that exists only in the mind of the assessor. There exists no objective standard for perversion. Debating this is pointless.
Hehe, wow, you sure know how to thrash a party eh? :lol: But you're right indeed, perversion only exists because the majority of 'other people' doesn't approve the behaviour.

newnar

Post by newnar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Dammit. Every word in the dictionary can be subjective. This is what extrapolating forum discussion threads on any forum will conclude in.
I am a guy.
I sometimes talk like Rin Tezuka.
I am in love with Hanako Ikezawa.
NoOne3 wrote:Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
this
YES I AM. DEAL WITH IT.

DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Thrasher Thetic wrote:Perversion is a subjective value judgement that exists only in the mind of the assessor. There exists no objective standard for perversion. Debating this is pointless.
newnar wrote:Dammit. Every word in the dictionary can be subjective. This is what extrapolating forum discussion threads on any forum will conclude in.
Your observation is completely valid Thrasher, but there is a thing called general consensus. That's how democracy works after all. :lol:

To give an outlandish example, it's like saying toddlercon is perversion depending only on who is looking at it, so there is no point in debating such an issue. Quite the contrary really, almost all people would agree that toddlercon is definitely a perversion. While this cannot be an entirely objective standard, you can, to a degree, safely establish this as such a standard. (Though I guess since it's so firmly established in the general population, there wouldn't be much sense in debating this matter :lol:)

Of course, not all matters are this clear cut, and I believe that this is the reason for all the debate going on in all the different forums.
Emi > Lilly >>> Rin > Hanako > Misha >>> Shizune - Personality
Lilly >>> Hanako > Emi > Rin >>> Shizune > Misha - Story
Rin > Misha >>> Hanako > Emi > Lilly >>> Shizune - Character

... Yeah, don't really like Shizune.

100%~! Wahahahaha~! :mrgreen:

Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:15 am

My point is that its silly to call this thing or that thing the 'definition of perversion', since there can be no true definition. To pull out a cliche, and one that was hashed over in the game no less, it's like trying to define art. Debate all you want, but you're not gonna get anywhere.

Anyway, wasn't this thread about how the OP didn't dig the game for reasons X, Y, and Z?
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.

DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:21 am

Thrasher Thetic wrote:Anyway, wasn't this thread about how the OP didn't dig the game for reasons X, Y, and Z?
Right you are. We should get back to the original subject matter eh?

NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am

Looks like OP bailed out on us. Might feel intimidated by enraged fandom. I don't blame him.
Still can't see him trolling though.

DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:14 am

NoOne3 wrote:Looks like OP bailed out on us. Might feel intimidated by enraged fandom. I don't blame him.
Still can't see him trolling though.
I still don't quite see what his point was. Like ok, fair enough, he didn't like the game. That's swell; but then why bother posting it here? Couldn't he see that this forum would be full of people who admire and would defend the KS experience from any attempt at abrasion? He could have at least played one route through to the end and spoke out about it. I know he said he couldn't stand it or something on those lines but isn't that the least he could have done?

I don't think his intentions were to troll, but nevertheless I'd say he's succeeded.