Longest you've spent in a playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

What's the longest you've spent in a playthrough?

0 to 10 hours
53%
10 to 20 hours
31%
20 to 30 hours
10%
40 to 50 hours
3%
50+ hours
4%

Total votes: 80

guest2

Longest you've spent in a playthrough

Post by guest2 »

So I have this bad habit of wandering off while KS is loaded and it ends up sitting there for hours at a time before I come back to it. It's been getting progressively worse, and now I'm in a playthrough (in Act 4) that I've spent 48 hours and 20 minutes in.

If you've been keeping track, what's your longest? Disregarding the poll, what's your longest legitimate time? I've been doing this kind of thing the entire time I've been playing so I don't have a good idea how long the stories actually are. I think I finished the last Harry Potter book in around 10 or 12 hours, for comparison.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Nightydreams

Re: Longest you've spent in a playthrough

Post by Nightydreams »

I believe the longest I've spent on a particular path is around 20 hours. I like to mull over the writing, it's just what I enjoy. Reading into things people say on Katawa Shoujo because in reality I just don't have the time in a real conversation to mull over what people say to me (I would look like a complete ass if I took 30 minutes to reply to a guy saying good morning wouldn't I?). It's helped me understand Katawa Shoujo alot and get a very deep knowingness about the girls and I love it that way.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
pauper

Post by pauper »

I think 8 hours, because i was doing several other things afk too, so mweh.. I read quite fast..
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
Chronopolize

Post by Chronopolize »

About 4.5 hours. That was on the first playthrough with emi. Although Lilly would have been longer (it was almost 4 hours to the minute), if I had gotten it first and played through the whole prologue. Even when I'm not bored, I usually flip the text by quickly, and make moderate use of the text history when a sentence fails to parse. How about what's the longest time you've spent on KS in one sitting? I would imagine very few people would immediately go to another route right after marathoning one, but who knows.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

8 or 9 hours. I believe it was Shizune's route.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

I think my highest was 70-something hours.

...I didn't actually take anywhere near that long to read it, I just kept leaving it open while doing other things.
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

I've only finished Emi's route so far, but the playtime counter said something like 21 hours in the end? This really bugs me because, judging from some posts I've read here, hers is the shortest route... so it will take like an eternity (for me) to get through all of them??

Of course, problems like this are nothing new to me. It regularly takes me 5-6 hours to watch a two hour movie. I don't know if it's ADHD, or something, but it's really hard for me to concentrate on any thing for long, especially at home... And that's why I prefer to go to the cinemas, where there's less distractions and pausing the movie is impossible.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Start-stop considered?
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

10 to 12 hours on most routes, 15 hours or so on Rin's Route.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Wakagana

Post by Wakagana »

The first day I started playing I think I began around 6 AM that day, and I finished Emi's route around 4 or 5 PM. I think I preceded to pass out after that woke up and began doing Hanako's route, which took me most of the next day afterwords. Gotta love weekends. So I'd say maybe 10-20 hours per route.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

I tend to get distracted while its open too so by that account, I think my longest time is 12 hours I think? If I just go and read start-end without distractions (excluding actually pausing), I can read most of them in 8 or so hours. I recently finished an Emi read in 6 hours.