High tech gadgets for each girl

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bigbishounen

Re: High tech gadgets for each girl

Post by Bigbishounen »

Snow_Storm wrote:Hanako could use those Metal Gear Solid-like nanomanchinesd to restore her skin cells.

Heh. Or she could study science and go all "Darkman".

(Darkman is 1990 movie about a scientist burned over 90% of his body in an arson fire. The burn ward doctors intentionally cut part of his spinal cord so he can't feel the horrific pain, which has the side effect of causing massive adrenaline surges in his body giving him "super" strength. He breaks out of the hospital and uses his genius to devise temporary skin to cover himself so he can go out in daylight as he hunts down those that burned him. Liam Neeson plays the lead role. Not the best written movie ever, but interesting.)
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

Bigbishounen wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Hanako could use those Metal Gear Solid-like nanomanchinesd to restore her skin cells.

(Darkman is 1990 movie about a scientist burned over 90% of his body in an arson fire. The burn ward doctors intentionally cut part of his spinal cord so he can't feel the horrific pain, which has the side effect of causing massive adrenaline surges in his body giving him "super" strength. He breaks out of the hospital and uses his genius to devise temporary skin to cover himself so he can go out in daylight as he hunts down those that burned him. Liam Neeson plays the lead role. Not the best written movie ever, but interesting.)
I've seen Darkman, good movie, and Bruce Campbell was originally going to be the lead but they went with Neeson
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Sigh, guess there are no Homestuck fans in here to get the reference. Still the most apt parallel I can think of. :D

Some of these things are so cool I would like to try them out just to see how well it works, even if I'm not actually disabled in any way. Technology is super interesting, and the human brain is even cooler.
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

She could also use a bipedal, mechanized, tactical nuke carrying system. Great way to make friends, really.

And when talking about artificial limbs, fitting Rin with prostetics, will encounter the same difficulties, as putting additional pair of hands for someone already having one.

I would go with a tablet for her myself, though it would be totally different medium than she's already using.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

NoOne3 wrote:
She could also use a bipedal, mechanized, tactical nuke carrying system. Great way to make friends, really.

And when talking about artificial limbs, fitting Rin with prostetics, will encounter the same difficulties, as putting additional pair of hands for someone already having one.

I would go with a tablet for her myself, though it would be totally different medium than she's already using.
Those problems might be considerably less than you think. It's already been proven that the brain will accept additional limbs. One test had a realistic looking fake placed right next a person's own arm and then obscured by a blanket so it was difficult to tell which was the real one. People reported sensory input from BOTH their own arm and the fake one.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Cyraknoss wrote: One test had a realistic looking fake placed right next a person's own arm and then obscured by a blanket so it was difficult to tell which was the real one. People reported sensory input from BOTH their own arm and the fake one.
Not the case here.
There was no neural input in this test, just brain being confused. Seing the limb poked it was fabricating the unvoluntary reaction. No nerve connection in any way (except the normal ones). Plus the limb was not additional, just substituted for existing one.

While nerve-to-electronic limb interface is curently teorised about, it would be another step to develop entire nerve input track to operate a limb that never existed.

As far as I know, the top notch input interface for prosthesis is myoelectric, which need not only working nervous link, but also muscles in the stump (or somewhere else in case of TMR) controlled by those nerves, since it's basically detecting electrical activity in muscles themselves.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Bigbishounen wrote:

I thought it was a comic book as well but I heard of that movie.
NoOne3 wrote: She could also use a bipedal, mechanized, tactical nuke carrying system. Great way to make friends, really.

Hanako: "G-give us th-the body of B-bi-BIg Boss or we'l...I-i IGOTTALAUNCHTHEMETALGEARNUKES!

Speaking of Hanako and Metal Gear Solid, somebody should totally do a fake screenshot of the scene where Hanako is showing off her scars to Hisao ]and for the text put " "Look at this scar, Jack. This is proof that I was once a mother. I gave up my body and my child for my country""."
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

High tech... Lilly... uhm. Well I'm sure Hanako would help her
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

Snow_Storm wrote:
Bigbishounen wrote:

I thought it was a comic book as well but I heard of that movie.
NoOne3 wrote: She could also use a bipedal, mechanized, tactical nuke carrying system. Great way to make friends, really.

Hanako: "G-give us th-the body of B-bi-BIg Boss or we'l...I-i IGOTTALAUNCHTHEMETALGEARNUKES!

Speaking of Hanako and Metal Gear Solid, somebody should totally do a fake screenshot of the scene where Hanako is showing off her scars to Hisao ]and for the text put " "Look at this scar, Jack. This is proof that I was once a mother. I gave up my body and my child for my country""."
actually Darkman was never a comic book in the first place, its premise was so comic book people thought it was but it did get a 3 issue adaptation and a cross-over with Evil Dead