Emi
22%
Rin
22%

Total votes: 162

geekahedron

Re: middle girl

Post by geekahedron »

I could have guess that Shizune and Rin would have the fewest votes; both girls are very "polarizing" and people seem to love or hate them. Lilly makes sense for the most "middle" votes, too; few people hate her, but her route is [very arguably] somewhat cliche and less interesting than the other girls' stories.

For me, the first and last girls were much easier to pick than trying to arrange the middle three. Actually, it probably will vary depending on when I am asked about it...
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

It's sort of a toss up between Lilly and Shizune. I like both for different reasons. But I can't like one more than the other. :(

Meanwhile, Hanako is on top while Emi and Rin are at the bottom. (Although I still like both of them.)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Now this is getting silly...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Well in terms of the characters themselves for me it's Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune. So if I understand this thread correctly mine is Rin.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

crystal wrote:Well in terms of the characters themselves for me it's Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune. So if I understand this thread correctly mine is Rin.
Funny that your signature says something different, just observing :p

Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

geekahedron wrote:
crystal wrote:Well in terms of the characters themselves for me it's Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune. So if I understand this thread correctly mine is Rin.
Funny that your signature says something different, just observing :p
Actually his signature indicates what paths he liked the most/least, whereas his post tells us how he would rank the characters themselves. Technical difference.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Fair point.

UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Lilly. Was a toss up between her and Shizune, since they're both sorta tied for 3rd, so I flipped a coin. =/
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

DrSkulk wrote:So then who would my middle girl be? My rankings are in the sig, but I don't know which one to follow...
Judging from the context of the thread, we're not taking the routes themselves into account. So I guess yours would be Rin.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

DrSkulk wrote:Thanks for the clarification. That's a bit dodgy though, cuz I like all of them on almost equal levels except for Shizune. :lol:

Now for a jab at the OP for his questionable figure. 120 possibilities? I'm pretty sure it's 32... (Not that anyone cares, or it matters haha :mrgreen:)

(Don't look below if you hate maths.)
5 C 0 = 1 (You don't like ANY of the girls)
5 C 1 = 5
5 C 2 = 10
5 C 3 = 10
5 C 4 = 5
5 C 5 = 1 (You like everyone equally)

Total = 32 different combinations

...Don't ask about the 4 middle girls possibility. I don't know how that exactly works either. *divides by 0*
We're talking about ordering the girls, so you need to take permutations, not combinations.

The simple permutation of 5 girls is 5! = 5×4×3×2×1 = 120. If you count the cases where one or more girls may be equally ranked as distinct cases, there are even more possibilities (for which I don't really care to do the math), not fewer.

DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

DrSkulk wrote:
geekahedron wrote: We're talking about ordering the girls, so you need to take permutations, not combinations.

The simple permutation of 5 girls is 5! = 5×4×3×2×1 = 120. If you count the cases where one or more girls may be equally ranked as distinct cases, there are even more possibilities (for which I don't really care to do the math), not fewer.
Yes you are correct, there are 120 ways of ordering them. But you are mistaken in thinking that we are concerned with the ordering. We aren't concerned with permutations here at all. We are looking at choosing a number of girls that fit the description of being in the middle of the rankings. For example, you might have LHRES and HERSL. Both are distinct orderings (or permutations) yes, but with respects to who is in the middle, they are identical.
Well, no, OP said he "would make a choice for each sequence, but 120 is too many combinations [sic]." Since that is unfeasible he is only asking for the middle girl, but the math behind the 120, in context, definitely does refer to all the different ways you can order all five girls.

DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.