Shizune
42%
Misha
12%

Total votes: 785

Mysterious Stranger

Re: Least favorite girl?

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

My apologies to all the Rinbros/Rinfidels, but I actually have to say that Rin is my least favorite, only just barely beating out Shizune. While I don't really like Shizune or her route at all (minus everything to do with Misha, of course, since Misha is absolutely fantastic), she's still a very interesting character. Rin is just... alien.

Glad to see Lilly only has one vote, though, haha.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I don't think you're ruffling many feathers here with your Rin vote.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Emi. She bugs the hell out of me. Also, too much sex, not enough plot development.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Shizune. She's not a person, she's a self-centered robot that doesn't get humanity.
newnar

Post by newnar »

A big sorry to all the fans of the dual pink wall-borer.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Christ, no love to Shizune or Emi?
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I completely understand why Shizune is like that, but Emi surprised me. I'd think that anyone who disliked Emi would hate Shizune, because they have pretty much the same personality, but Shizune is way less subtle and her story way way worse.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

this is what i love about this game / vn ... it has a a gal for everyones taste ... which no other vn i play tried to make the girls so different from one another ... i love this polls / debates on here ... team Shizune all the way baby
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

You realize that this is for your least favorite, right?
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

Its Shizune for me also I'm afraid, not an uncommon choice.
I think not being able to actually communicate with her properly for all paths but her own and even then only some ways in makes her seem more callous and cold than she really is. Obviously we don't know the full details, but from the way Misha described it, it seemed like when she confessed to Shizune she was basically like "no, now get back to work" and then just came up to her the next day as if nothing had happened, which is a fucked up thing to do and comes across as completely heartless, even though that's just how she is. It isn't intended callously, but it would mindfuck you so badly. I also think that her story is the least well written, which affects how I feel about her. It's not badly written as in amateurish, but rather in the pacing and some awkward shifts in tone and mood that don't flow as well as the others.

Emi seems unusually high on this poll... Emi and Shizune share similarities, but it seems like Emi would be fun to hang out with even if you don't know her. Shizune only seems to relate to people she doesn't know through Student Council business or... not at all really. Emi is in quite a few of the routes and she is always extremely pleasant even though often you've never spoken to her outside of her running into you in act 1. She's cute in a girly girl way as well which I happen to like. I don't think you can truly hate her, just not be attracted to her.

Misha could easily get annoying, but I think some of how she is is an act because of the mindfuck of confessing to someone who says no and then acts as if nothing changed, and so feels the need to be endlessly cheerful, because if she stopped she'd just break down. Plus to me she is the most attractive of the girls after Hanako, love curvy girls.

Rin, I can see why people would be put off by her. She's quite unique and a lot of work, some girls are like that though and some people can't help but get involved in it.

Also, step back Hanako h8rs. I guess she's a bit of a cliche, but I find her too endearing and pretty to care. Come at me.
Last edited by TamagoTwo on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:You realize that this is for your least favorite, right?
i know i gave my answer earlier post ..its was rin
micechasekittens

Post by micechasekittens »

Though I melt for girls with glasses, I will have to say Shizune. I am the anti thesis of competitiveness. I don't get people who have to make everything into a game to see who is best. For that reason, I love solo sports like swimming and running where it generally is about self improving over crushing the other team.

Rin had a fascinating storyline (which is why I didn't choose her), but I feel that I would lose patience quickly for someone unable to express how they feel. I would go stir crazy sitting there for hours doing nothing. Even the idea of 'hanging out and just watching TV/movies makes me very annoyed and antsy. I am constantly working on writing and practicing piano so I understand how it is like to lose yourself in art, but wouldn't have patience interacting with such a person.
Quietpower

Post by Quietpower »

Shizune's been my favorite character and always has been. Her personality is easily what I'd look for in a real waifu.

So I'm gonna have to say Lilly. I didn't like her as much as the other girls since, compared to them, she seemed relatively boring. She'd still cool and I do like her, just not as much as the others.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

No love for Shii-chan? Whhhhyyyy :(

Emi. Not because of her plot or her character.

...her straight-forwardness and her lube. You guys have to believe that event in the shed was planned by her, and she's just playing innocent while it all happen
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

I'm not too fond of Lilly as a character because she's pure Mary Sue. In meatspace I'd probably be drooling over her, but in the context of KS she just seemed too perfect.

Hanako's wilting wallflower deal annoyed the heck out of me. It took me a while to get around to trying her route.

I did enjoy both their paths tremendously, so eh.