Shizune
42%
Misha
12%

Total votes: 785

Zoram

Re: Least favorite girl?

Post by Zoram »

Rin. If I met a person like her in real life, I'd like to be of help to her - but only as a friend. The dislike stems also from her ending, which I felt has the least resolution and left her and Hisao's future together really cloudy (I can't see it lasting long if she doesn't take some serious steps - I'd ask Hanako about her therapist...)
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

4 more people voted for Lilly!? LITERALLY HITLER, ALL OF YOU.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Zoram wrote:Rin. If I met a person like her in real life, I'd like to be of help to her - but only as a friend. The dislike stems also from her ending, which I felt has the least resolution and left her and Hisao's future together really cloudy (I can't see it lasting long if she doesn't take some serious steps - I'd ask Hanako about her therapist...)
Wwwwwrrrrrooooonnnngggg...

It's fine to be her after all.
And, also, apparently at that point she decided a word for when you feel that everything in the world is all right was needed.

Rin's ending might not give promises about future, because the world is often shifting too much to keep such promises, but it shows that you can still be free, happy, and connected to someone important no matter how differently you think from the rest.

I have to vote for Shizune. I appreciate the way her character has been done. She's interesting. She has clear flaws and isn't superhuman. She's smart and hard working and doesn't lean on Hisao nor is overly lovey-dovey.

It's just that she's the kind of person that pissess me off. I don't have trouble with women that are trying to be "on top" a bit too much, but Shizune often does it in the worst ways possible, which makes her seem like a weird control freak. Also, her bad ending reveals she's a total hypocrite, and I dislike that.

So, my bad vote goes to Shizune.

Other than her, Emi seems like she'd be harder to get along with than the rest, despite the fact that I appreciate many of her character traits.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

I honestly didn't like Shizune much at first, but when I was playing her route and she showed me the fireworks, and then tried to get into a contest with me over carrying a big box, I came to really like her. Maybe she's not exactly girlfriend material, but she's a total bro, at least.

In the end, they're all lovely girls, but I need to put my vote for Lilly, not because I particularly hate her, but because she just seemed like the least interesting out of all the girls to me. She's way too. . . I dunno. Passive? There's no real fire there for me. No deep flaws to make her feel human. Just another idealized yamato nadeshiko type.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

themocaw wrote:I honestly didn't like Shizune much at first, but when I was playing her route and she showed me the fireworks, and then tried to get into a contest with me over carrying a big box, I came to really like her. Maybe she's not exactly girlfriend material, but she's a total bro, at least.

In the end, they're all lovely girls, but I need to put my vote for Lilly, not because I particularly hate her, but because she just seemed like the least interesting out of all the girls to me. She's way too. . . I dunno. Passive? There's no real fire there for me. No deep flaws to make her feel human. Just another idealized yamato nadeshiko type.
What do you mean no deep flaws?
1. Mornings. Man, the mornings.
2. Slight alcoholic tendencies
3. Sings of boiling on the inside when things get too complicated.
4. Healthy adolescent sex drive. All right. Not a flaw.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Well, when you have to put up with Shizune bitching at you for existing, it would be hard to keep your composure perfect all the time.
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

themocaw wrote:In the end, they're all lovely girls, but I need to put my vote for Lilly, not because I particularly hate her, but because she just seemed like the least interesting out of all the girls to me. She's way too. . . I dunno. Passive? There's no real fire there for me. No deep flaws to make her feel human. Just another idealized yamato nadeshiko type.
^This. I was waiting the whole arc for something to happen, a major character flaw revealed, something that could make me identify with her more, but... nope.

All the other girls I could identify with in one way or another, but there was nothing about Lilly's path or Lilly's character that hit home with me, and in retrospect I think I really disliked that she'd break up with Hisao after moving to Scotland, because I've been in an LDR for three years and distance is a really stupid reason to break up with somebody if you truly love them, especially for somebody as "patient" as Lilly. Then again, my distance is only 1000 miles instead of ~5500. Even so, if my boyfriend moved overseas, I wouldn't break up with him.

Also to the person who just posted, those are not major character flaws. If she was an alcoholic, that would be a character flaw. Having a taste for something isn't.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Also to the person who just posted, those are not major character flaws. If she was an alcoholic, that would be a character flaw. Having a taste for something isn't.
Plus, she is half scottish....
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

I guess the reason I feel that Lilly didn't have any deep flaws is that her good ending was arguably the most saccharine-sweet of all of them. It tasted like. . . milk chocolate with too much sugar: sweet, smooth, but no real character to it.

I mean, let's consider the main conflict of Lilly's route: She's decided to go home to Scotland. In her good ending she decides not to. That's about it. There are few to no lingering consequences to it: the fact that she disobeyed her parents gets glossed over with Akira "taking care of it." In fact, her side conflicts get resolved too: Hanako is happier and growing up, she and Shizune have patched things up, Akira doesn't even need to break up with her boyfriend. Everything feels really happily ever after. Which is fine: it's well written, it just didn't interest me as much as the others.

Emi's the other route that comes closest to this, but even then, Emi's got some flaws and character to her. It's implied that she's going to continue feeling awful on the anniversary of her dad's death, even if Hisao is there to help her. She uses sex to keep people at a distance.

Hanako is kind of the opposite of Emi: she's the one that tried to use sex to draw Hisao closer, and it didn't work so well. What happens in her route is that she comes very close to destroying the relationship she has with him, but they pull it back from the brink.

Rin is just a mess.

Don't even get me started on Shizune.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Are you kidding? The drawback is that HISAO ALMOST FUCKING DIED.
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Are you kidding? The drawback is that HISAO ALMOST FUCKING DIED.
But he didn't and that has nothing to do with Lilly.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:The drawback is that HISAO ALMOST FUCKING DIED.
The critical word in that sentence being it's subject.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Okay, here's the drawback for not choosing her: she leaves everyone she loves except for Akira behind to go to a family that abandoned her with her sister who just got out of school at the time. She'd be completely alone except for Akira, who would probably be away on business a lot. She would live a shell of a life with a family that doesn't really care about her.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

quellsnarg wrote: Also to the person who just posted, those are not major character flaws. If she was an alcoholic, that would be a character flaw. Having a taste for something isn't.
So, you're asking a Lilly fan to point out Lilly's flaws. Shizune taught you well, it appears you're developing sadistic tendencies.

All right, seriously :
- Lilly values honesty too much to compare to "real" people. Many people (and especially girls I know. I understand not every single one on the world is like that, but girl saying she wants a guy to be totally honest with her is quite often bull crap) prefer to hear what they want to hear to the actual truth, not caring if it's a lie. Sadly, it also works in relationships.
- Lilly is frankly too closed up about her feelings, emotions and problems. It took Hisao a heart attack in a dangerous place with nowhere to get help from to have Lilly realize how much she needs him. She never reveals her own problems and tries to deal with them on her own regardless of how much she helps other in their problems. This actually mirrors Emi's main character conflict
- Lilly is well capable of giving advice she herself cannot act upon, as evidenced in her way of caring for Hanako. She is quite capable of telling Hisao to let her be on her own, and admits frankly that without Hisao Hanako would not develop the self confidence she gained since having him as a friend.
That's because she pampers Hanako too much for her to develop.
- Lilly is *below the legal age for drinking in Japan*. Having "a taste" for whine MIGHT very well turn into alcoholism once she is of legal age.
- Lilly is the girl having the slowest, most laidback and relaxed attitude and lifestyle of all the girls with possible exception of Rin, who, on her path, still forces Hisao to do some things physically for her. That means Hisao is, frankly, probably going to be the least healthy in her way in comparison to others. At the very least, he'll be healthier with Shizune and much healthier with Emi. Also, because of that difference in heart endurance and Lilly's own preferences as well as disabilities, frankly Hisao and Lilly are bound to have occassional bed problems. Lilly's attitude towards the shifting of "taking lead" and her overall relative activity in the matter in comparison to other girls are bound to be at least slightly dangerous for Hisao given his otherwise relaxed life-style. If she decides not to do these things, she herself is going to end up less satisfied than usual.

Happy now? ;) :twisted:

quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

Rivan wrote: So, you're asking a Lilly fan to point out Lilly's flaws. Shizune taught you well, it appears you're developing sadistic tendencies.

[snip]

Happy now? ;) :twisted:
lol okay sorry if having an opinion you don't share offends you!!!!

-What you said got pretty convoluted when you added your aside, but I think what you meant is that she prefers people being honest with her and being honest in return? That sounds more like a saintly trait than a flaw, except she's a hypocrite when it comes to honesty because while she expects it from Hisao, she isn't really honest with him.
-Fair, but not really something I can relate to. I don't see the point in acting like something's okay when it's not, and again, that seems more like lying to me than being honest. It's been a while since I played Lilly's route but as I recall it was more like... she never said anything was wrong than saying there was something wrong but she didn't want to talk about it. At least admit something is wrong, like Emi did with some coaxing.
-Okay, so you do think she's a hypocrite.
-That is a huge stretch. She has alcohol twice, and only on special occasions. Are you telling me you never had a glass or two before you were of age? I know I did and I don't drink at all now that I am of age.
-Again, that's Hisao's problem, not Lilly's. Relationships don't have to define who you are and what you do as an individual. Just because Lilly is inactive does not mean Hisao has to be (although knowing Hisao, that's how it's going to end up).

So the long and short of it is that you're saying Lilly is hypocritical? Alright. That I can deal with, although putting it that way makes me like her less, not more.