Anyone else wish there was a Misha route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dr. Robotnik

Anyone else wish there was a Misha route?

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I loved this game, but I hated Shizune. Even when I took her route and kinda gave a shit, I was still yearning for the bubbly, socially oblivious pink haired mistress, whose painful history and underlying emotional turmoil would've made a much better story. Plus, the setup for her route in act 1 wouldn't have been hard at all. They could've just put in an option to give the doll to either Shizune or Misha. This was genuinely my only gripe with the game, except for that maybe the already enjoyable music could've been touched up a bit more. Does anyone else agree, or am I alone on this?
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Mysterious Stranger

Re: Anyone else wish there was a Misha route?

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

There's apparently already been a lot of discussion on the topic, and yes, I completely agree that Misha is way more appealing of a character than Shizune (she's my third favorite, in fact). But at this point you and I and everyone else who agrees are beating a dead horse. Misha wasn't one of the projected characters from Raita's original artwork, therefore she didn't get her own route. Tough luck. Go write some fan-fiction if you feel strongly enough about it.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but the search engine here is ridiculous and rejected every search I made.
Mysterious Stranger

Ah, it's alright. Between you and me, I could talk about how awesome Misha is all day. She's pretty much the poster girl for KS, regardless.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
N. Bekkler

Post by N. Bekkler »

Gingerly steps over the dead horse

Was there a reason for this not happening?
Time constraints? No one interested in writing it?
Evil plot?
Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Misha wasn't one of the projected characters from Raita's original artwork, therefore she didn't get her own route.

See Misha anywhere in there? Yeah, unfortunately not.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Yeah, but neither is Rin.
Last edited by Dr. Robotnik on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

N. Bekkler wrote:Gingerly steps over the dead horse

Evil plot?
Because then they'd have to tell us what her disability is.
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Yeah, but neither is Rin.
Tell us who the armless thing is on the right hand side of the drawing then.
Last edited by ThreeStep on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

She doesn't have one, the students don't need to have disabilities.
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

Yeah, I'm a bit gutted there's no Misha route. As said, the setup would have been so easy, just give her the toy in act 1. But I understand she wasn't in the original sketch and only really exists to flesh out Shizune and give her a way to communicate.

If anything, the people involved in making KS should be happy that they made a character that people are so attached to despite not being one of the initial designs. She's definitely one of my favourites. Ah well.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

TamagoTwo wrote:Yeah, I'm a bit gutted there's no Misha route. As said, the setup would have been so easy, just give her the toy in act 1.
There's so many different ways for a Misha route to have happened in the game's script. There's Act 1 like you said, probably a few areas visiting Shizune's house, the sign language tutoring/practice...

I like the idea of the Misha Route starting on Shizune's Bad End. Throw another choice in there; one leads to Bad End, the other throws Hisao along the path of trying to fix what he broke between Misha and himself and going from there.

Meanwhile, Shizune keeps on being her unlikable self.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

ThreeStep wrote: Tell us who the armless thing is on the right hand side of the drawing then.
Oh, I apologize. Seriously, why does every image that isn't as thin as Rin get cut off half way?
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

ThreeStep wrote:
TamagoTwo wrote:Yeah, I'm a bit gutted there's no Misha route. As said, the setup would have been so easy, just give her the toy in act 1.
There's so many different ways for a Misha route to have happened in the game's script. There's Act 1 like you said, probably a few areas visiting Shizune's house, the sign language tutoring/practice...

I like the idea of the Misha Route starting on Shizune's Bad End. Throw another choice in there; one leads to Bad End, the other throws Hisao along the path of trying to fix what he broke between Misha and himself and going from there.

Meanwhile, Shizune keeps on being her unlikable self.
I genuinely thought the start of Shizune bad end was the start of Misha's route in general, I kept expecting it to start but no luck. It could easily have been done though they'd probably have to move it earlier or else Misha's route would be stupidly long.
I also thought the festival in act 1 would have been as well, with the choice of who to give the gift to.
I'd not considered starting it with a sign language lesson though, that'd be cool as well given her relationship with Shizune and what signing means in general to her. To be honest, there are tons of opportunities to do it, so many and so obvious that it is kind of a shock they didn't include it as a bonus or extra or something. Better than falling off a roof drunk anyway.
Last edited by TamagoTwo on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
N. Bekkler

Post by N. Bekkler »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:Misha wasn't one of the projected characters from Raita's original artwork, therefore she didn't get her own route.
I did not notice that before (or when you said it in your previous post, lol). I suppose that it makes sense to have added someone to act as an interpreter between Hisao and Shizune given that he doesn't understand sign language upon entering Yamaku.

ThreeStep wrote:
N. Bekkler wrote:Gingerly steps over the dead horse

Evil plot?
Because then they'd have to tell us what her disability is.
Dr. Robotnik wrote:She doesn't have one, the students don't need to have disabilities.
This is something that people forget quite often. It also helps answer that endless question about Misha.
N. Bekkler

Post by N. Bekkler »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:
ThreeStep wrote: Tell us who the armless thing is on the right hand side of the drawing then.
Oh, I apologize. Seriously, why does every image that isn't as thin as Rin get cut off half way?
It has to do with the size of the image and the size of your window. If the image is bigger, it will be be cut off. Using mine as an example:

To small, compressed.

Wide enough, whole thing visible.