Gamefaq's KS Critique

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bi-Polar Hernandez

Re: Gamefaq's KS Critique

Post by Bi-Polar Hernandez »

Jesus Christ, I don't think KS is the the best goddamn VN ever, but this review is just fucking ridiculous.
For an example of better x, try out y
Stop that. Also, expecting a VN made by amateurs to be fully-voiced? I'm sure if it was, the guy would still hate on it because the voices would probably be bad. Absolutely terrible review, 1/10.
Sadako Yamamura

Post by Sadako Yamamura »

Bi-Polar Hernandez wrote:Jesus Christ, I don't think KS is the the best goddamn VN ever, but this review is just fucking ridiculous.
Stop that. Also, expecting a VN made by amateurs to be fully-voiced? I'm sure if it was, the guy would still hate on it because the voices would probably be bad. Absolutely terrible review, 1/10.
A review of a review ! Reviewception !

On-topic, a review is just one's opinion. Thus, we can't butthurt just because one person said "Oh this and this and that is crap ! 1/10.5" (Pardon my english, it's not my native language)
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Sadako Yamamura wrote:
Bi-Polar Hernandez wrote:Jesus Christ, I don't think KS is the the best goddamn VN ever, but this review is just fucking ridiculous.
A review of a review ! Reviewception !

On-topic, a review is just one's opinion. Thus, we can't butthurt just because one person said "Oh this and this and that is crap ! 1/10.5" (Pardon my english, it's not my native language)
We can get mad when the review is factually wrong and obviously someone just being a cheap troll. There is such a thing as reviewer integrity and standards.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Why half of people in this thread thinks "troll" means "person that have opinion that I do not like"?
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Mader Levap wrote:Why half of people in this thread thinks "troll" means "person that have opinion that I do not like"?
Terrible English AND a straw man argument? How lovely.[/sarcasm]
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Mader Levap wrote:Why half of people in this thread thinks "troll" means "person that have opinion that I do not like"?
Terrible English
Enlighten me then. I always had problem with English grammar. (no sarcasm here)
Pyramid Head wrote:AND a straw man argument? How lovely.
Overgeneralization, maybe. Strawman? Nope. I see at least few people here that throws "troll" word as if it mean what I said earlier. It is very easy to see.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Mader Levap wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:
Terrible English
Enlighten me then. I always had problem with English grammar. (no sarcasm here)
Pyramid Head wrote:AND a straw man argument? How lovely.
Overgeneralization, maybe. Strawman? Nope. I see at least few people here that throws "troll" word as if it mean what I said earlier. It is very easy to see.
I can't speak for everyone but the reason i'm crying "Troll" is because there are some factual inaccuracies and gross mischaracterizations in the review that leave me with the honest opinion the writer didn't actually complete the novel. I used to write reviews and i take this shit very seriously. I honestly don't care if he hates it, i expect him to give any item he's reviewing the consideration and factual reporting it deserves.
And yes, i do treat fellow fans, or at least people who use the term "Hanabro" with the same amount of strictness. I'm kind of an asshole, but i have my moments of intelligence to excuse some of my behavior.
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Pyramid Head wrote:I can't speak for everyone but the reason i'm crying "Troll" is because there are some factual inaccuracies and gross mischaracterizations in the review that leave me with the honest opinion the writer didn't actually complete the novel. I used to write reviews and i take this shit very seriously. I honestly don't care if he hates it, i expect him to give any item he's reviewing the consideration and factual reporting it deserves.
Well, IMHO writing shitty review and being incredibly lazy with it is not sign of troll, but of useless reviewer. I can see it as trolling only if it was written deliberately in that way, not due to incompetence.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The problem - if you want to see it as such - is that there is no consensus whether the author was merely incompetent or actively trolling. I for one am willing to give her the benefit of doubt.
I think Trolls don't usually put even that much effort into their pranks, and since we won't ever know her true intentions there's probably not much point in continuing this discussion.
Continuing would probably lead to a locked thread pretty soon anyway.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Mader Levap wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:I can't speak for everyone but the reason i'm crying "Troll" is because there are some factual inaccuracies and gross mischaracterizations in the review that leave me with the honest opinion the writer didn't actually complete the novel. I used to write reviews and i take this shit very seriously. I honestly don't care if he hates it, i expect him to give any item he's reviewing the consideration and factual reporting it deserves.
Well, IMHO writing shitty review and being incredibly lazy with it is not sign of troll, but of useless reviewer. I can see it as trolling only if it was written deliberately in that way, not due to incompetence.
I'm not sure, but i think that is exactly what Pyramid Head meant. Personally i don't think you were a troll at all, but the review was certainly of a very questionable quality.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos