Maybe given price
25%
No thanks
6%

Total votes: 197

Quietpower

Re: ks apparel

Post by Quietpower »

I already have a solid black shirt with the Katawa Shoujo Logo on it. Tan bandaged heart with jap/eng text on it. Best investment I've ever made.
micechasekittens

Post by micechasekittens »

Earrings or locket (place to put mai waifu pic! ^^ lol) with the bandaged heart would be really cute. SD form of the characters would make for cute bracelet adornments. I never wear t-shirts so I'd not want to be interested in that sort of apparel since I exclusively wear dresses or skirts. I do own some sweater vests =P.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Quietpower wrote:I already have a solid black shirt with the Katawa Shoujo Logo on it. Tan bandaged heart with jap/eng text on it. Best investment I've ever made.
Made it yourself?
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

micechasekittens wrote:Earrings or locket (place to put mai waifu pic! ^^ lol) with the bandaged heart would be really cute. SD form of the characters would make for cute bracelet adornments. I never wear t-shirts so I'd not want to be interested in that sort of apparel since I exclusively wear dresses or skirts. I do own some sweater vests =P.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5351

Might be interested.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
micechasekittens

Post by micechasekittens »

Awesome! Thanks for the link!^^ I bookmarked the site and am going to order one later. I'm living in Korea now so need to see if I can order it to a friend in the states. The shipping alone would cost 20 bucks if I get it sent here.
Quietpower

Post by Quietpower »

newnar wrote:
Quietpower wrote:I already have a solid black shirt with the Katawa Shoujo Logo on it. Tan bandaged heart with jap/eng text on it. Best investment I've ever made.
Made it yourself?
I went online and found a make-your-own-shirt site. I just slapped the logo in the center of a black shirt.

Easy way out, but I didn't really care. This shirt is my best friend now.

Post by Guest »

definitely.. 100%

Post by Guest »

I'd buy KS figures/nendoroids/any hobby merch. I don't think I'd wear a shirt, unless it was really subtle or artsy. It'd depend on the design I guess.
kuro630

Post by kuro630 »

Id spend some cash on figures, clothes and alike.
~Live, Create, Inspire ~
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

No simply because 4LS is a non profit company and buying a t shirt would be a slap in the face to 4LS .... i have way too much respect for the hard work they did to buy a cheap t shirt that some one other then 4LS gets money for ... now if 4LS got the money that would be a different story ... but i don't see that happening ... so i would not do that to 4LS
kuro630

Post by kuro630 »

Ah i just found the thread of them not wishing to make profit. I can understand that, makes sense with the game being free. And they seem like great people and fans of anime and manga like most. If the creators themselves wouldn't make it i doesn't see the point in buying it. Though if i were to make my own fan work i feel that would be both a way to show my like of the project and keep within their wishes. So i will be looking on how to do such things ^^
~Live, Create, Inspire ~
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

KS merch? this image has never been more appropiate:
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
N. Bekkler

Post by N. Bekkler »

kuro630 wrote:Ah i just found the thread of them not wishing to make profit. I can understand that, makes sense with the game being free. And they seem like great people and fans of anime and manga like most. If the creators themselves wouldn't make it i doesn't see the point in buying it. Though if i were to make my own fan work i feel that would be both a way to show my like of the project and keep within their wishes. So i will be looking on how to do such things ^^
Good point. While I would jump at the chance to get a key chain with the bandaged heart logo (probably not much else, I try to avoid logos and graphics in my wardrobe as much as possible), I can understand wanting to avoid dragging money into this.

I'm not sure how I feel about other people producing items though. If they try to sell them they should be shunned for trying to turn a profit on someone else's work. However, if the proceeds go to charity, I could see this as a way to get people the merchandise that they want while also helping a worthy cause.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

N. Bekkler wrote:Good point. While I would jump at the chance to get a key chain with the bandaged heart logo (probably not much else, I try to avoid logos and graphics in my wardrobe as much as possible), I can understand wanting to avoid dragging money into this.

I'm not sure how I feel about other people producing items though. If they try to sell them they should be shunned for trying to turn a profit on someone else's work. However, if the proceeds go to charity, I could see this as a way to get people the merchandise that they want while also helping a worthy cause.
*shrugs* That's why I go to internet websites and order my own T-shirts. Once you have a picture you want, it takes like 10 mins tops to get it onto a T-shirt of your choice and ordered, and after that it's just waiting a few days until it drops through your letter box.

Yes, this way the company that makes the T-shirt will get a cut from it. But they aren't getting KS profits, they're just profiting on you using their service, which is fair enough IMHO.

I don't imagine anyone being organised enough and garnering enough of a following to set up a specific Cafe Press shop selling merch though.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

I'm considering making myself a shirt with something KS on, I want to keep it understated, probably just a small bandaged heart logo with no text.

My question is, where are people finding high enough res artwork to make shirts from? I had a quick look around the internet but the one heart logo I found was heavily jpeg compressed and had some artefacts which I think would show up on the shirt.
Can anyone help out?
EDIT: I found something for the heart logo, but does anyone else have any other nice hi-res artwork?

Oh and yeah, I'd only buy official KS merch should they ever do it, not going to buy anything someone else has made hence I'm making this myself, only paying for the service of having a shirt made.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(