A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:34 am
Hiroto wrote:As a member of the project, I can now say the project has been renamed to "Love Despite"
I will post the updated FAQ later on, after we finalize it.
That name is pure genius. Anyway, are there any slots on the dev team?
We do not reject people if we have no empty spots for them; feel free to join us in IRC and apply.
Artists are a priority, then writers, then programmers. We're not opening up spots for testers quite yet.
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:40 am
Distancing the project from KS by using another name is a step into the right direction.
It doesn't change my original doubts of "do we really need another game with virtually the same premise?" but it will surely help reaching a wider audience ( and a fair share of KS fans that would otherwise be VERY sceptical ), so maybe I'll come around and try it when it's out.
Since I fear that it'll not turn out very well, I guess sometimes you can look forward to be proven wrong.
Okay, I'll admit it: The biggest obstacle for is the simple fact that KS is the only VN I've played so far. I can't exactly come up with any explanation down the road why the only two VNs on my hard drive will both be basically "games about fucking crippled girls" for the untrained eye.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:26 pm
zanzarra wrote:Okay, I'll admit it: The biggest obstacle for is the simple fact that KS is the only VN I've played so far. I can't exactly come up with any explanation down the road why the only two VNs on my hard drive will both be basically "games about fucking crippled girls" for the untrained eye.
Hey, the Japanese have their tentacle porn and we have our cripple porn. Every society has its quirks.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:55 am
ooo! ooo! if they are going to go with another title how about naming it with something akin to "Yamaku High" or "Yamaku tales". Sorry had that in my head and needed it to get it out.
Anyway, though I'd prefer to have a hypothetical KS spin-off from the the developers themselves. Maybe this won't be bad. So long as they capture the spirit of the original then I'm sure KS plus will have something going for it. I know it will be several more years before the developers will even think about doing an expansion pack with after stories so this may be something to look into while we're waiting.
Key things though the KS plus team will should always remember.
1. Make sure the girls are not defined by their disability but by themselves.
2. Try to experiment more with writing the plot for heroines . Looking back, KS may have been pretty emotional and well plotted, but the way it was written it was pretty standard for a VN. Don't be afraid to try new devices or execute lesser used tropes. You have the chance to take the KS Concept even further.
3. DON'T MAKE THE NEW HEROINES EXPY'S OF THE ORIGINAL HEROINES. I'll be extremely annoyed if a heroine I'm pursing becomes a spacy but thought provoking artist whom this time has no arms and legs at all but manages to paint beautiful pictures and all she wants is the world to understand her and connect with her. I don't mind the re-use of that character archetypes that were implemented in the previous KS but you sure as hell do something extra special to differentiate the hypothetical heroine from the original.
Captain Katawa and the Shoujos.
eggbert wrote:Captain Katawa and the Shoujos.
You are now the official namer of names.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:39 am
Katawa Shoujo will always be my number-one choice no matter how many spin-offs of this visual novel are created.
I just hope this one will be as good, but that's questionable.
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:01 am
- Location: 3rd rock from the sun
This just in from KSG and /a/!
Long brown hair and gold eyes? It's middle school Misha! It was obvious from the pic in the OP that you're going the loli route with this so I guess it's going to be set in a middle school. So is it a teacher, the principle or a janitor that will be chasing after the little cripple girls in your ripoff, I mean, homage project?
- Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 am
- Location: Australia
I would suggest using a forum specifically for this project (KS+, Love Despite, whatever it's called now), and not KS's.