One final run, before uninstalling.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

HarvestmanMan

Re: One final run, before uninstalling.

Post by HarvestmanMan »

So what if you do uninstall it? It's not like it's under wraps; you can just reinstall it.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

BUT YOU GUISE, it'll hurt to play the routes again. I'll know when it'll end even though I'll want more and I'll have to say goodbye to them all over again LONG STORY SHORT I CAN'T PLAY ALL OF THEM AGAIN, but I want to relive Hanako's route. I'll be a nice way to close the book on a narrative that has affected me like no other. I can't return to feelsy narratives like this you guise. I won't ever go back to Clannad even though I loved it so much. And it's not like I'm deleting the setup file, I can simply reinstall and start all over again when and if I get the cravings.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:BUT YOU GUISE, it'll hurt to play the routes again. I'll know when it'll end even though I'll want more and I'll have to say goodbye to them all over again
...I think you may be a little bit too "into" this game.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Titus

Post by Titus »

Jokes on you, there's part 2 sequel coming out requiring the original to play.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
InfinitiveBlue

Post by InfinitiveBlue »

I can see where your comming from to be honest. It's like a sense of closure that your seeking. I'll admit I uninstalled the game maybe twice, in an effort to thwart the bombardment of feels; only to reinstall it again :lol:
The meaning of life? Truth is, there really isn't one. If the entire human race were to just cease existing, would the whole of space and time come to a halt? No. Our lives are so meaningless and fleeting that in truth they really aren't worth living. Unless we make them worth living. So the meaning of life; is whatever you want it to be.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

I don't think I'll ever have the resolve to uninstall this game. It really is one for the ages, and I believe I'll carry a part of it with me wherever I go.

Also, you do realize that when you attempt to uninstall, the same chibified Hanako that shows up when you attempt to close KS will appear, asking to confirm your decision? This game is devious.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Nah, i got a 2 terabyte hard drive and Ks its pretty small, it will stay installed with an icon on the desktop, ks its one of those games you cant just uninstall, like Baldurs gate and xcom, they stay there, forever.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
newnar

Post by newnar »

I don't know how many of you guys get this, but as the KS icon stays on my desktop and me knowing that the game still works fine, whenever I consciously or subconsciously hover my cursor over the icon, I feel something jump inside of me. It's like I want to open the shortcut so bad, but I don't want to do it as bad as I want to I don't even know if this makes any sense but it's like when you see the cursor on the KS icon you instantly teleport back to those time you opened it so eagerly and ended up looking like a zombie and feeling like a POW after it closed so I really am not sure of what to call this kind of reminiscing but it's like a blend of flashback and fear and longing and love and confusion and......
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

newnar wrote:I don't know how many of you guys get this, but as the KS icon stays on my desktop
No way man, I don't even have icons on my desktop.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
6x6z6w

Post by 6x6z6w »

KS has officially became the Minesweeper on my computer.
I would love to delete all the steam games in a blink of an eye if I'm don't wanna play them anymore...but NOT THIS.
ThatDarnAsian

Post by ThatDarnAsian »

newnar wrote:I don't know how many of you guys get this, but as the KS icon stays on my desktop and me knowing that the game still works fine, whenever I consciously or subconsciously hover my cursor over the icon, I feel something jump inside of me. It's like I want to open the shortcut so bad, but I don't want to do it as bad as I want to I don't even know if this makes any sense but it's like when you see the cursor on the KS icon you instantly teleport back to those time you opened it so eagerly and ended up looking like a zombie and feeling like a POW after it closed so I really am not sure of what to call this kind of reminiscing but it's like a blend of flashback and fear and longing and love and confusion and......
I...I thought...I was the only one...
Emi - Done (All Endings)
Lilly- Done (All Endings)
Hanako - Done (All Endings)
Shizune - Done (All Endings)
Rin - Done (All Endings)

100% Completed, Favorites: Hanako, Lilly, Original/Best-suited: Emi
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:BUT YOU GUISE, it'll hurt to play the routes again. I'll know when it'll end even though I'll want more and I'll have to say goodbye to them all over again
...I think you may be a little bit too "into" this game.

What the hell I'm basically the only person here to say he'll uninstall.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Uninstalling KS would make my KS desktop and and KS forums homepage and KS folder for the OST and cool pics from the shimmie seem pretty much like pose.

EDIT: Oh, and the KS theme for Google Chrome.

But if that's not your case, go ahead.
Last edited by Palas on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Ippo279

Post by Ippo279 »

ThatDarnAsian wrote:
newnar wrote:I don't know how many of you guys get this, but as the KS icon stays on my desktop and me knowing that the game still works fine, whenever I consciously or subconsciously hover my cursor over the icon, I feel something jump inside of me. It's like I want to open the shortcut so bad, but I don't want to do it as bad as I want to I don't even know if this makes any sense but it's like when you see the cursor on the KS icon you instantly teleport back to those time you opened it so eagerly and ended up looking like a zombie and feeling like a POW after it closed so I really am not sure of what to call this kind of reminiscing but it's like a blend of flashback and fear and longing and love and confusion and......
I...I thought...I was the only one...
Damn, bro. I get those feelings too.
"One does not simply forget Katawa Shoujo.."