Unsung Katawa Shoujo Heroes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Do you think these people are Unsung Heroes?

Feuver
29%
Mirage_GSM
53%
Hir
18%

Total votes: 34

yipyapper

Unsung Katawa Shoujo Heroes

Post by yipyapper »

This thread was created in comemmoration of the 5000th member joined, Clokko (Thanks to everyone who joined, I joined fairly recently and hope you all have a good time!) to honour and show those who made admirable contributions to the Katawa Shoujo community and are not well known to everyone.

Everyone knows that the developers did a fantastic job, no doubt. There are countless threads about how good of a job they did, most notably in the "Thank you" thread, and I agree wholeheartedly. It is simply amazing how these people did so much out of something from 4Chan. However, there are people who still did good things (or groups of people) for the game, the community, the forums or basically anything involving people and groups who did good for the Katawa Shoujo universe, and they either have little or no true recognition. That's where my thread comes in, I would like to post these unsung heroes. However, if it were to be me doing it solo, that would be biased and not a true representation, so how this is going to work is as follows;

I won't stop you, but PLEASE don't post on this thread, since I would like to post the unsung heroes without cluttering comments. Feel free to make a discussion thread. So, first you will send me a private message with a nomination for an unsung hero. If I deem it is acceptable (Basically no joke nominations like a fictuitous character, or if it someone well known like Aura or some other developer/staff) then I will update this thread with a poll every time one is accepted. I will also make a post with some details about the nominee, but the rest of the info (if you need it) you should research yourself. There will be a maximum 5 nominations at a time to be processed. Then, I will wait a week after each nominee's start and see the votes, and if the votes are sufficiently high, then I will contact the one who made the nomination and plan a well-made post to honour and display the winner. If it a user I will PM them as well with the full post, and tell them if they are the 2nd, 3rd, whatever-ith one accepted in so that they can post it on their sig if they have a forum account. If the person/group is NOT on the forums, then the post will still be on the thread and be the 2nd, 3rd and whatever-ith place in "line". If the votes are deemed not high enough, the poll section and the description post will be eliminated and leave a spot for another nomination. So if you want someone to win, get your friends to vote!

Each person/group nominated can be nominated once if eligible without problem, but if they have already been nominated and failed (I'll keep track of this), then there will be no more nominations unless you can provide a decent reason, then I will wait for X weeks to put them back up, X being the number of times nominated. If there are any questions at all, don't hesitate to PM me. But for the love of whatever, PLEASE DON'T COMMENT ON THIS THREAD!!!

Please tell your KS friends about this thread so that it will have a sufficient amount of people who know about it and nomimate/vote accordingly! And tell your other friends about KS! The devs still deserve an even bigger fanbase!

I've read the FAQ's several times over to make sure there is nothing wrong with this thread. Hopefully this will not be a problem.

NOTES: Remember NOT to post on this thread! PLEASE! It will suck if someone decides to ruin it by posting or doing something stupid. And please don't vote if you have no idea who this person is; read the post belonging to the nominee and research the nominee up if you don't have the required information to vote unbiasedly! Thanks again!

~Yipyapper

P.S: If you feel compelled to comment on a nominee or something about the thread, please make a discussion thread or contact me if you wish. For the 4th time, please don't comment on this thread.

Current winners:
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
N/A
Last edited by yipyapper on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
yipyapper

Re: Unsung Katawa Shoujo Heroes

Post by yipyapper »

/*Feuver*/
Nominated Friday, February 10th, 830 AST by Anonymous

-Created the most used KS flowchart with countless views, updated regularily and has been reported easy to use. Rin's path is signifificantly easier to navigate than most other flowcharts. Forum account since 2012.

8 votes + what is up there.
Last edited by yipyapper on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

/*Mirage_GSM*/

Nominated on Friday, February 10th, 845 AST by Anonymous

-Mrage is known for his fan fiction, which is large in size and views, as well as reputation and reported quality. Has also assisted in the future German translation of the game. Forum account created 2010.

15 votes + what is up there.
Last edited by yipyapper on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

I'd say Yuuko for her ability in most routes to point Hisao in the right direction, even without mea-

-Oh, nevermind.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

/*Hir*/

Nominated on Saturday, February 11th, 1PM AST by Mirage_GSM.

Hir is the head of the japanese translation team and has recieved credit for doing very well. Forum account created 2009.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

If you need to discuss some nominee or some other bullshit, post here.

Remember that even though I accepted the nominees, it doesn't mean I find them worthy or not. That's just to eliminate bias.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper