When did you come to like a particular character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: When did you come to like a particular character?

Post by Althamus »

Althamus wrote:Emi: When Hisao first raced against her at the track. Possibly when he raced against her the second time, and she wouldn't let him give up. I instantly fell in love with her and she hasn't disappointed.

Lilly: To a lesser extent, I liked her in Act 1, but can't really guage how much or when. I realised how awesome she was when she was taking care of Hanako at some point in Act 2 though.

Shizune: This is really sad, but the first time I think that I really felt for her was the final picture of her bad ending. It was the first time I really felt connected to her and emphasised with her. And oh God, it broke my heart in two Q_Q
Hanako: I think I'm a little hypocritical. I was jumping up and down at Hisao throughuot the arc for stifling Hanako and being her knight come to save the day, but the part when Hanako first really got me was when she had had her episode in the classroom, and you see her lying on her bed crying in the drawn picture. I cried and just wanted to take her into my arms and protect her from the world T_T
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

Raburesu wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:
Tezzeret wrote:Raburesu and Jellyfish, i challenge you both to fisticuffs.
Fisticuffs threesome. Game on!
As you wish. Prepare yourselves to embrace sweet, everlasting sleep. ♥
It's on :evil:
gecko wrote:Just kill yourself for Rin, you three, so I can get her alone! :twisted:
I smell a battle royale a brewin'.
danyo

Post by danyo »

For me the clearest moments that a character really started to peak my intrest:

Emi.: Those puppy dog eyes, I felt she was really feeling bad about bumping into you, and she looked so innocent yet so nice and playfull.
Lilly.: Also the first meeting, in that classroom drinking tea. I think the way the art is done there might have something to do with it aswell. I'm a quiet and peaceful kind of guy, so that scene just seemed to be so appealing to me.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

To the Rin-groupies:

yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Guest Poster wrote:To the Rin-groupies:

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/image/1242.jpg
Get ready, because you are gonna get a lot of hate responses.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Chronopolize

Post by Chronopolize »

HE"S A CARTOON, NOT YOUR PSYCHOLOGIST
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Emi - Liked her since her first appearance in Act 1, them puppy dog eyes... T_T Also "If you're going to kiss me, you should probably do it soon...." and more.

Lilly - She had me at "Hello there. May I help you?" X3 Though there are many times where I really felt a connection with her such as: When she feels Hisao's face for the first time, such intimacy from a relatively simple act, and In the wheat field, when she just pours out all her emotions in one go, the manly tears were flowing :cry: I just loved her whole route :D

Hanako - When she receives the presents in both her and Lilly's route. It just made me so happy. Also In lilly's route, when she says she's happy that Lilly and Hisao are a couple the tears came again dammit....But I think I liked her from the start too.

Rin - This one's tough, probably When she 'hugs' you the first time unless i'm making stuff up O_o

Shizune - To be honest I didn't like her. But I think I finally 'got' her when I purposely got her bad ending, it just made me feel so bad. and I respected that She and Misha did most of the work for the festivals by themselves. Oh yeah In Lilly's route, that moment of silence between them in the school council room made me accept her a bit more that she isn't completely heartless haha.

Misha - "WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Need I say more?
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

There are a few spoilers below, so read at your own risk.

Emi: being cute and energetic, but not unbearably so; the rooftop lunches with her and Rin, and when the details of her accident are beginning to emerge.

Hanako: the part at the jazz club, the discover she's not as fragile and submissive as she seems.

Shizune: not sure, given that I'm put off by her behavior; probably when I found out about her jerk of a father.

Misha: the confession to Hisao, though I already liked her before.

Mutou: how well he handled Hanako's panic attack, also when he talks to Hisao about the real purpose of Yamaku Academy.

Nurse: "He laughs in the style of evil megalomaniacs". That, and being a bro ;)

Kenji: I dismissed him as a wacky comic relief, however when he found Iwanako's letter and started talking earnestly with Hisao about relationships I liked him very much, and at the end of that same arc even more, because it showed Hisao accepting him as a friend despite all his problems and craziness.

Akira: when she appeared, for being a cool person in general.

Hideaki: never, I hate him/her/it.

Lilly: I have yet to complete her path, though I already like her.

Rin: Same as above.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

danyo wrote:Lilly.: Also the first meeting, in that classroom drinking tea. I think the way the art is done there might have something to do with it aswell. I'm a quiet and peaceful kind of guy, so that scene just seemed to be so appealing to me.
Amen, brother.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
newnar

Post by newnar »

Oh mai gosh you are SOOOOO asking for death
Harco

Post by Harco »

Emi: Yeah, the first moment she uses her puppy dog eyes. The CG's from the track meet sealed the deal.
Hanako: The first time she looks at you, blushes and smiles. All at the same time. Playing pool then made me feel really attracted to her, which I think was her intention from the beginning.
Lilly: During Hanako's birthday party, when Hisao opens the door and she just sits there in that amazingly classy (and even a bit erotic) pyjama shirt and short shorts. I mean, the tea drinking scene during Act 1 was nice, but she seemed a bit dull to me. Her pyjamas hinted there was also a different side to her.
Shizune: When she showed not be a stoic mute girl, but a playful, bitchy, dominant mute girl (whilst still looking very cute).
Rin: To be honest, I didn't really like Rin, but her Act 1 ending was pretty sweet.

Misha: The scene on the roof in which she explains her history with Shizune. I always found her a bit obnoxious. Not that I hated her, but sometimes I thought: geez, don't you have any other emotions? The rooftop scene shows she has, she just repressed them because they hurt too much. Damn... I really wanted to give her a hug at that moment.
Nurse: Somebody already said it: the seductions.
Miki: The second her portrait pops up and she starts talking to Hisao. Yes, with Miki it really was love at first sight.
Meiko: The scene at Emi's home. I mean, during the track meet she was nice, but a little bit stereotyped as a flirty, somewhat immature hot mom. During dinner and her talk with Hisao (after Emi ran off) she proved my initial opinion of her wrong, though. (Kind of ironic how her mature, worried behavior made her even more attractive.)
Akira: "Attagirl." The CG featuring her took away all doubts.
Kenji: When he took his glassed off.
Raburesu

Post by Raburesu »

Haha, indeed. Y'know, the real joke would be if we were actually to take offense to frivolity such as this. It's pretty amusing. I imagine it was drawn in response to the emotional impact of Katawa Shoujo on its fanbase? In any case, Jellyfish-oji actually has a wife, making him the least pathetic of our lot.
yipyapper wrote:Get ready, because you are gonna get a lot of hate responses.
newnar wrote:Oh mai gosh you are SOOOOO asking for death
That would be a consummate waste of effort, don't you think? The only deriding he managed to inflict was on the deplorable image of anonymous itself. While the term "Rin-groupie" could be a little disparaging on its own, hurling it in cowardice from the safety of the guest status is a laughably feeble breeze.♥
"So artists can't find romance, their favorite TV shows are canceled, or they die young because of an unspecified disease. It's a deep and mysterious law of the universe." - Rin
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

So many people calling me Jellyfish-Oji. o_O Lol. I actually had to look up what "oji" meant because I'm rather "Japanese-illiterate." However, I rather like the sound of it. :D
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
newnar

Post by newnar »

UncleJellyfish wrote:So many people calling me Jellyfish-Oji. o_O Lol. I actually had to look up what "oji" meant because I'm rather "Japanese-illiterate." However, I rather like the sound of it. :D
*loli-emi voice*: Ojisan, ojisan!!! Shite kudasai watashitoisshoni asobu, Ojisama!!! Ne??
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

>.>

I don't like you.