When did you come to like a particular character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

rydiafan

Re: When did you come to like a particular character?

Post by rydiafan »

I dont think there is one moment for any character that i liked them ... i either loved a character as a whole ( Hanako , Shizune & Emi ) or hated them ( Rin & Lilly ) ... one special moment in any of the girls path didn't really sway my opinion one way or the other ... mind you i do have favorite moments and moment i hated
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Raburesu wrote:
Tezzeret wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:When I saw Rin♥ eating curry....with her foot....I knew I had to have her. The two greatest things in the world in one place: Curry, and Rin♥.
You can't have her she's mine :twisted:
You're both out of luck. Rin truly belongs only to me.
*Slaps you with manly glove* A dual to the death!
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

UncleJellyfish wrote: *Slaps you with manly glove* A dual to the death!
does that mean a threesome? Oh god...
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Emi: Either when she falls asleep on you... or when you both sprawl in the grass on a picnic.

Rin: "I didn't realize I was this popular", perfect conclusion to her excellent intro scene.

Shizune: Love at first sight? She was the one I was most drawn to from the start, I love her little smile. Her encouraging Hisao to enjoy himself was a refreshing change from Emi constantly chiding you over your health.
Raburesu

Post by Raburesu »

UncleJellyfish wrote:*Slaps you with manly glove* A dual to the death!
Haha, no need to resort to such extreme measures, my good sir. I mean, Jellyfish. Apparently. >:3 Might I suggest we have a civil discussion on the matter, over, perhaps, a manly picnic...?

Oh, screw it, I want Rin. Guns or swords?
hickwarrior wrote:does that mean a threesome? Oh god...
Wrong thread, dude. XD
metalangel wrote:Rin: "I didn't realize I was this popular", perfect conclusion to her excellent intro scene.
Aww, forgot about that. Totally agree.
"So artists can't find romance, their favorite TV shows are canceled, or they die young because of an unspecified disease. It's a deep and mysterious law of the universe." - Rin
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

Raburesu and Jellyfish, i challenge you both to fisticuffs.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Emi - after joking around on the bed that first time.
Hanako - seeing her smile after she gets her Birthday presents OHMYGODSOADORABLE!!!
Lilly - the wheat field. Not because of the mood, music or visuals, but because it was the first time she really let her guard down and let her emotions out.
Shizune - I actually think it was that final image of her during her bad ending. Up until then she seemed almost like a semi-emotionless robot to me.
Rin - call me a weirdo, but it was during the good ending sex. Lots of subtle and not-so-subtle emotion packed into that scene.
Misha - The first time I saw her "legitimately concerned" look.

Wow, I just realized that all of my preferences have to do with emotions. I wonder what that means...
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
dillstar

Post by dillstar »

Lilly --
"I miss you too." At the time, there was so much conveyed in those 4 words. Even more so when you realize post-arc that it was foreshadowing her "permanent" departure to Scotland later. To carry that much weight in her heart and still maintain grace around Hisao, yowza. Though as some people have argued already it could be interpreted as duplicitous as well...

Rin --
"The problem must be in your pants."

Hanako --
Telling Hisao about the fire in the library. Her deep, dark secret, the thing she can't open up to anyone about. Not that she did, but WHY she did: to make it "fair' between the two of them since she knew Hisao's secret from Lilly. Selfless heart of gold in that girl.

Emi --
Emi is my favorite, I was pretty much smitten at, er, first contact? Puppy dog eyes: there's no defense. Considering the healthy diet she had Hisao on, stealing his dessert at the Shanghai was a sweet, authentic touch for the dynamic of the relationship. At the end, even though you know where her monologue is going, the resolve behind the line "'M'not finished yet" is absolutely heartbreaking.
Chronopolize

Post by Chronopolize »

Lily, when I played Emi's arc (first). Act 1 Spoilers only Basically the general peacefulness and kindness in the tea room. The actual definite moment was when in the scene Cold War, when you back up Lily. "She gives me the sweetest smile" is what did it for me. Later on, it was, after Hisao talks about his thoughts on Yanmaku in the cafateria (in the morning I believe), when Lilly said Hisao was a naive person, but a very good person.
Later on it was when she touches Hisao's face for the first time, realizing how rare that is (most people Lilly knows are by merely voices). Always when her playful and teasing personality, specially during walks down to the convenience store.

Mutou: When he explains how you observe something you can't detect by looking at what it effects. It took me a number of playthroughs to find that was the 'correct decision', but I mean, a relevant scientific methodology turned into a philosophy for life and love.

Shizune: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5361 (post good ending Shizune)
Enough said. Also the source of giving life to the character of Iwanako and also to Misha.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Tezzeret wrote:Raburesu and Jellyfish, i challenge you both to fisticuffs.
Fisticuffs threesome. Game on!
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Lots of them have already been mentioned here.

Hanako:

After Lilly leaves, Hisao asks Hanako if she wants to go to the city together and visit a book store. What's touching is not so much the fact she agrees (which is enough to surprise Hisao), but the way she agrees. No look of shock, no stuttering, just a smile and an immediate "okay". (despite the fact walking through the city by day is terrifying for her) It's probably the clearest indication up to that point that Hanako really, really likes Hisao.

Post by Guest »

I liked Shizune as a whole, but even more when I saw her family background. Shizune's done well for herself despite having a dad who obviously favours insulting his kids (and forcing them to talk) over supporting them, and it helped me to understand why she wasn't used to relationships and why she was as forceful as she was. She's kind at heart, and I'm sure she'd be a kickass philanthropist.

I like Hanako, but she's not my type. Playing through her route didn't make her more so, but I liked her a lot more during her bad ending. It's the one time where she doesn't stutter or seem unsure of what she's saying, and she well and truly stood up for herself. Hisao was pushy and insensitive, and deserved his thorough bollocking.

I hated Emi in the demo. Forgettable character, forgettable Act 1 route, and genki girls fucking piss me off. However, when I saw her dedication to running and her determination, especially "Emi at her Emiest" at the track meet, she grew on me and I even got teary-eyed at the scene where they visit her dad, especially when she explains how her dad died en route to hospital and she couldn't even say goodbye at the funeral due to her own injuries.

Lilly and Rin - I liked them anyway, playing through their routes didn't really change in how much I liked them.

I didn't like Misha back when I played Act 1, and I can't say I like her now.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Was love at the first sight (sorry) with Lilly. When she started making tee. I am a sucker for tea and high class language.
Emi at "Kiss me. I would probably enjoy it"
Hanako unfortunately only at a very late point - "Please accept my first gift to you". Before that I had too much pity for her to truly like her. After that I could re-read her route with different eyes.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
gecko

Post by gecko »

Just kill yourself for Rin, you three, so I can get her alone! :twisted:

More seriously SPOILER WARNING FOR ALL THREADS, UNMARKED

Emi: End of act 1, when she catches Hisao trying to grab unhealthy foods and invites him to eat with Rin and her. Then, the first sex scene (what can I say, I like strong-willed girls)

Rin: During act 1, the "just be" answer made me melt. Then, while on Emi path, the "I need to borrow your window" moment made sure I'd want to play her path ASAP. During her own path, I think the "you can touch me" line, and then the last sex scene.

Hanako: not sure. Probably the pool game? More surely, the last scene.

Lily: The "healthy adolescent sex drive" discussion really marked the turning point between the proper lady and the inner Lily for me, making it clear she'd been opening toward Hisao on a much more intimate level.

Shizune: Her bad end made it easier to understand how distant she seemed during the rest of her path. Before that, I'd gained a new appreciation for her when she helps with Hanako during Hanako's path.

Misha: for saving my good end with Emi.

Mutou: for the science club thing.
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
Raburesu

Post by Raburesu »

UncleJellyfish wrote:
Tezzeret wrote:Raburesu and Jellyfish, i challenge you both to fisticuffs.
Fisticuffs threesome. Game on!
As you wish. Prepare yourselves to embrace sweet, everlasting sleep. ♥
gecko wrote:Just kill yourself for Rin, you three, so I can get her alone! :twisted:
Zannen desu; washi wa fumetsu.
"So artists can't find romance, their favorite TV shows are canceled, or they die young because of an unspecified disease. It's a deep and mysterious law of the universe." - Rin