Would you go to Yamaku if it existed?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Would you go to Yamaku if it existed?

Post by Guest »

I actually would. The education seems decent, there's a nice range of activities, I get checkups without taking a day out to sit in a hospital waiting room, and the girls seem like people who'd be good friends to have (granted, you'd need a ton of patience with Hanako and Rin, but still). I don't think I'd commit myself to the Student Council, I'm more likely to go join the art club or the track team, but I'd probably learn a bit of sign language from Misha so I could at least say hi to Shizune and ask how she is, etc.

If Hisao is there too, I'd probably be on decent terms with him, unless he does a Shizune's-or-Hanako's-bad-ending. Then he's getting a swift kick in the nuts.

Same disability as Hisao? Eh. Due to treatments of other illnesses in the past, there's a good chance of my heart developing serious issues anyway (as well as my kidneys), so I've kind of been prepared most of my life for the significant chance there'll be knock-on effects. I wouldn't want those things to happen and I'd probably be pretty goddamn depressed about it, but if I was diagnosed I probably wouldn't be surprised. Right now I take the Emi approach of just keeping myself healthy, and crossing my fingers that nothing seriously fucks up.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Sure, it would be nice to be 17 again.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
guest2

Post by guest2 »

alien.marksman wrote:As for it being Yamaku? Well, I guess it'd be more prestigious than my Original HS.
Same here. My high school was kind of a dump. I graduated in the top 2% by doing the bare minimum (apparently doing it better than everyone else). No guidance, no encouragement. The staff were only there because it was their job. No one thought to dissuade me from going to a junky school for a junky career and instead going to university to get a real degree.

Shit, I'd probably be a chemist or physicist if Mutou were my teacher and honestly as excited about his field as he is in-game.

Assuming Hisao decided on going with someone else and Shizune were as "I want to pull everyone into my life" as she was with him, I probably would be roped into that nonsense. Kind of like Hisao during the beginning of the game, I usually tend to be aimless about things. But hey, who knows. All the girls are interesting enough that they might catch my attention.

I'd get the chance to learn sign language, like I've wanted to, and free to boot! The cafeteria seems way better than one I had.

After all that, though, I'd probably fail out because doing the bare minimum wouldn't cut it :D

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of Hisao hate in this thread. The guy's 18. Did any of you have the perfect relationship when you were 18? Were you Ph.Ds in relationship counseling/therapy? I'm assuming not, and you certainly didn't have to be to experience love and pain. People learn through mistakes, relationships included. Obviously, HIsao and the girl get over and past it because they end up together (assuming good endings). Furthermore, most people don't make a point to meddle in anyone else's relationship affairs unless they know one or both of the people personally, or one person is doing something egregiously bad and obvious (like domestic abuse or something). LEAVE HISAO ALONE!!! :cry:

Also:
Eraser35 wrote:I assume we all get sweater-vests
^ this
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Titus

Post by Titus »

Tomate wrote:Sure, it would be nice to be 17 again.
Hey, never thought of it that way. I guess I would, but arrhythmia is kind of a turn off.

Besides, isn't this the perfect chance for everyone to actually chase the girl they romanced?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Katase

Post by Katase »

If we get to "be" Hisao, yes.
bloodysnow

Post by bloodysnow »

YesI would! just because I want Hanako <3 or Emi <3 all for myself! Hell if Misha is bi or whatever (im unsure) then i'll try for her! Though I'll probably go for Hanako or Emi! love em both <3 Though not big on the heart condition or his sweater vests. man I hate those sweater vests >.<
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

I don't think so. In the situation of being Hisao? No, I would not willingly choose that, because arrhythmia is not worth it for me.

In the situation where it's a school option? No, because I am not disabled. While they accept people, disabled or not, I'd rather not. I feel it would be best to just stick to my normal school. Let me use a completely stupid and broken analogy: I feel it'd be like going to a Burger Restaurant, and ordering chicken. Yes, I can do it, but why?

I just get the feeling I'd be wasting their time. People like Misha, I understand, because she's there to get experience for her future career. I'm going there when I have no reason to.

In the situation where I'm disabled and it's a school option? Then yes, I would. It's a school that would cater to me, so it'd be a good deal.

This is all assuming the language barrier doesn't matter. Either I suddenly know Japanese or they're suddenly English.

I leave out hypothetical situations with the girls, because I would screw everything up. I'm not a Master of Romance like Hisao. If presented with taking Hanako to town or suggesting we turn in, I'd be the one to just suddenly walk off down the street without saying anything. Bad end erry day, man.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Sure it'd be nice to be....oh wait i'm still 17. :lol:
I'm still in education, so I haven't 'seen' the world properly yet and I have no idea about how my life, right now, will turn out. So I can't really make an informed decision, however, I guess it would be an interesting experience and I would be hanging out with Lilly and Hanako all the time :3 might cheat a bit and do jogging in the mornings to strengthen my heart then when I have to chase Lilly I wouldn't have a heart attack, though it'd more dramatic if I did :wink:
Also Yamaku seems better than my school right now haha so I think i'd go for it just to see what it's like :D
Though realistically, i'd probably die by manly picnic D: just because I fail at romance....
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

if we do get the sweater-vests I would so go for it, but seriously as much as the arrhythmia would suck a fresh start doesn't sound so bad
KnownAnonymous

Post by KnownAnonymous »

First, I will find one of my relatives that has a disabled condition, then I'll force him/her to come with me to Yamaku.

Well I think normal people can enroll there if they had enough reason of enrolling there..
newnar

Post by newnar »

If Yamaku is EXACTLY the same as it is in-game, I'll gladly set the left side of myself on fire.
waynoinsano

Post by waynoinsano »

i've been there it was kinda boring.

Titus

Post by Titus »

waynoinsano wrote:i've been there it was kinda boring.
It's a school after all.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Mmc0

Post by Mmc0 »

Hey didn't Lily's route say that healthy students could go to (and then Hisao says that he doubts anybody would)? Cuz I'd go as myself and say hi to Hisao and everyone rather than being Hisao with arrhythmia.