Hello everyone

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Fireforged

Hello everyone

Post by Fireforged »

I'm sorry, I wasn't sure what to put the title as. I have cardiomyopathy and long qt syndrome, a pacemaker/defibrillator installed a total of 6 times. I have an electrically weak heart that has lead me to depression and dark spaces, I also can't exert a lot physically because of this.

I have had a really tough time relating to other people and it has been really lonely. Playing this game touched me in a lot of ways especially with how the main character is during the beginning coming to terms and how I wish my childhood could've been spent in a community like this than my actually life.

If there is anyone around that would like to talk I would really like that. Having a condition doesn't matter, I am just lonely in general.
Thank you anyone that took the time to read, it means a lot.

Alexander

Also, if anyone knows a better way to meet other people with conditions (not necessarily similar) that can help each other out emotionally, that would be really, really appreciated.

Sorry everyone that saw this as sleazy, I am trying to be sincere. I'm just not good at asking this stuff.
OpusEponymous

Re: Hello everyone

Post by OpusEponymous »

-
Last edited by OpusEponymous on Sat May 31, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are shadows of the dying sun.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

You've come to the right community :) I have been dealing with some problems of my own (not really physically though) and venting them here really helped. I'm not sure what the possibilities are to meet people with a condition, but i'm sure someone around here will know. Cya around!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Welcome to the community :)

In terms of meeting people with similar conditions, I'm sure there must be forums somewhere on teh internets set up specifically for people with conditions. It may be a dumb question, but have you tried googling for forums set up with that in mind? And/or finding out if there're any people located nearby via asking at a local hospital for... groups or something? I'm sorry, I'm trying to help with ideas, but have never really considered the question before :3

I don't think many people on the KS forums have conditions, but I think we are all sympathetic to people with conditions (as a response from playing the game), so I guess we're a good second best :)
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
toxicmaniac

Post by toxicmaniac »

Welcome i just signed to this forum yesterday. Forums are a great way to socialize with people that have the same interests as you.

Also you've found a great one as this is a forum where alot of people share certain problems with eachother due to the emotional factor this visual novel brings. I wouldn't be suprised to see alot of people talking about their problems and relating with eachother and the characters in the game. I myself wanted to make a thread about how similiar i am to Rin (although i am more of a rational version of her) and how it affects my life but thats a different thing.

I myself have more knowledge about mental issues and social philosophy within the human behaviour opposed to physical problems but if you ever feel like you need someone to talk to you can always hit me or someone else at PM's.
Emi's route 7.5/10
Shizune's route: 8/10
Rin's route: 10/10
Hanako's route: 9.5/10
Lilly's route: Not finished
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

Not sleazy, not sleazy at all. If you feel the need to come into contact with people and have trouble to do that in real life, why not do it on forums? And as said by Althamus, people that played KS are not necessarily having conditions themselves, but still, there will be a lot of (attempts to) understanding people who do have issues. So, I'm new here and not (yet?) a fairly regular visitor here, but want to welcome you anyway!

Having said that, it's been over two weeks since your first (and only) post. Where are you now?

Edit: Ok, forget my last remark, I just noticed that the first reply came in yesterday, can imagine you lost interest a bit when after two days no reply was given yet...
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

My friend, there is simply no better place to find companionship than this forum. Nowhere is a concentration of well meaning and intelligent people greater. If you ever need a far away pen friend, you can Send me a private message, or you can give me a skype call. My Skype name is the same as this forum name I use here. I myself suffer from a rather dibilitating physical disabilty which, while not like yours, helps me relate to what your going through.

We're here for you. All of us.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
newnar

Post by newnar »

Zannen, boku wa tomogachi ga sukanai desu...
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

newnar wrote:Zannen, boku wa tomogachi ga sukanai desu...
Hey, that's not fair, Google Translate doesn't know how to handle that!
newnar

Post by newnar »

Swoopie wrote:
newnar wrote:Zannen, boku wa tomogachi ga sukanai desu...
Hey, that's not fair, Google Translate doesn't know how to handle that!
Unfortunately, I have no friends.
AnotherKatawaShoujo

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo »

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and welcome to you as well. The interwebz can be a great way to meet people. I know you said you weren't looking for a place where people necessarily have similar conditions, but there are MANY disability support forums (they are usually somewhat specific to the condition, though) that I'm sure you could look into. I've found a few that I've joined myself and they can be great fun and very therapeutic too.

But as others have said, this forum is quite lively and the people I've encountered have been quite kind and civil towards one another. At any rate, good to meet you.
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Wow, my first thought is, how did this thread go unnoticed for two solid weeks after creation? What a horrible group of people we must be. :cry:

Anyway, I'm always available to chat with whomever, via various chat protocols as indicated or basically anywhere (to my knowledge) you see this username. Just mention "ks" or something so I don't dismiss you as just another spambot. I don't have any physical issues or debilitation conditions but am, like most people around here seem to be, a pretty friendly, approachable guy, and no stranger to feelings of loneliness, to be candid.

I actually hope to hear from you (OP), actually any of you (general forumites). :)
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
newnar

Post by newnar »

geekahedron wrote:Wow, my first thought is, how did this thread go unnoticed for two solid weeks after creation? What a horrible group of people we must be. :cry:

Anyway, I'm always available to chat with whomever, via various chat protocols as indicated or basically anywhere (to my knowledge) you see this username. Just mention "ks" or something so I don't dismiss you as just another spambot. I don't have any physical issues or debilitation conditions but am, like most people around here seem to be, a pretty friendly, approachable guy, and no stranger to feelings of loneliness, to be candid.

I actually hope to hear from you (OP), actually any of you (general forumites). :)

Because most new members of late decided to ditch the intro threads and jump straight to creating their personal clones of "Hi I've just started KS & I am in awe/OMG my feels/This game is so good" threads.

No offence meant to anyone.