Help With Getting Over the Game

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yipyapper

Re: Help With Getting Over the Game

Post by yipyapper »

There are about 4962 people who can't get over the game and made an account on the forums to express themselves on that fact xD
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
newnar

Post by newnar »

yipyapper wrote:There are about 4962 people who can't get over the game and made an account on the forums to express themselves on that fact xD
Damn, it's now mainstream. Even getting feels is mainstream now. Help me, kami-sama!
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

newnar wrote:
yipyapper wrote:There are about 4962 people who can't get over the game and made an account on the forums to express themselves on that fact xD
Damn, it's now mainstream. Even getting feels is mainstream now. Help me, kami-sama!
Because its mainstream and we were one of the first people to play the game, does that make us hipsters?
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

newnar wrote:
It seems like almost everything you post makes me laugh or close to laughing every time.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

newnar wrote:
omglyke me and mah friends go 2 teh club every nite and

Discuss our feelings.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
GaseousMask

Post by GaseousMask »

myshoesarebrown wrote:
newnar wrote:
omglyke me and mah friends go 2 teh club every nite and

Discuss our feelings.
i can see the future now...
SliverGod

Post by SliverGod »

This game has affected many an internet user, including myself. But it hasnt gotten me down, as a matter of fact it has made me much more appreciative of all the blessings within my life. I have loving friends, a loving family and a loving significant other.

Life is good.
"The question isnt 'Who is going to let me?' The question is 'Who is going to stop me?'"
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Zig_Zac wrote:Because its mainstream and we were one of the first people to play the game, does that make us hipsters?
That would explain why I've had this irresistible urge to start wearing capri pants and Converse sneakers...
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Robnonymous wrote:
Zig_Zac wrote:Because its mainstream and we were one of the first people to play the game, does that make us hipsters?
That would explain why I've had this irresistible urge to start wearing capri pants and Converse sneakers...
Got the sneakers on already... :)
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

SliverGod wrote:This game has affected many an internet user, including myself. But it hasnt gotten me down, as a matter of fact it has made me much more appreciative of all the blessings within my life. I have loving friends, a loving family and a loving significant other.

Life is good.
Eh, some people are naturally better at socializing. I'm kind of jealous of you for that. But then again, I'm me and that's probably how it should be.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

anyone else here addicted to the 'feels', the HHHHNNNNGGGGHHH, and the [...]? I know I am and I need a fix NAO 8D
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Luke

Post by Luke »

After playing Hanako AND Lilly's route in a span of 2-3 days (I much preferred Lilly's though Hanako is also incredibly touching) I found myself in a slump of sadness that lasted several days. Eventually I got over it by playing Emi's route (oddly enough). I'm not entirely sure why myself, but something about Emi's route brought a sort of...crashing realization that these characters don't HAVE to only exist in the realm of fantasy. Emi felt very...realistic to me, I suppose, as if I could easily find and talk with someone similar to herself. Hanako was actually similar to a crush of my own that passed away not terribly long ago, to the point I found Hisao making comments and actions that I had made or thought when I was 'with' her. Lilly on the other hand has a beauty about her that almost seems unreal, goddess like if I dare go dramatic on you. But the point being, it felt like most of it was spent chasing after a dream... which is why the ending and the scenes where Lilly relied on Hisao slammed me so hard.

But as I said, Emi and perhaps even Shizune brought me back up from the realm of 'The Feels' perhaps in the way they reminded me of how 'human' the girls actually are, and to not get too caught up in their qualities as to put them on a pedestal so high, no one could hope to reach it.

*ahem* Gushing over
odnsfvn

Post by odnsfvn »

Megumeru wrote:anyone else here addicted to the 'feels', the HHHHNNNNGGGGHHH, and the [...]? I know I am and I need a fix NAO 8D
yes.
still suffering and afraid of a new hangover. as to a fix, discuss with us in the thread nearby ;P
newnar

Post by newnar »

It's so damn weird now that I've stopped playing KS, there hasn't been any new "hhhhhnnnnngggggg"s but the memories of the old ones, along with my imagination creating new storylines keep coming back.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

In various places, be it here or in a certain shit hole of the internet, I see people trying to get over the game. I don't really like the phrase "get over it", because it makes it seem like the experience is a bad one, and is stuck with you. I'd prefer the phrase "move on". Like this:
newnar wrote:It's so damn weird now that I've stopped playing KS, there hasn't been any new "hhhhhnnnnngggggg"s but the memories of the old ones, along with my imagination creating new storylines keep coming back.
This is a good example of moving on. You don't have to completely wipe the game from your mind. It's perfectly fine, and I'd say perhaps beneficial, to keep memories of the game with you. It's natural that after finishing, you'll feel melancholic or maybe even a little depressed. It varies from person to person. I personally lean more on the depressed side when ANYTHING I enjoy ends.

You know how they say time heals all wounds? That's really all there is to it. Just wait it out, and eventually, you will move on from the game. Don't TRY to "get over it", because then you'll just feel the whole experience was negative. As memories and "feels" return, don't try to fight them off, just accept them. If you're one of the people who cries over "the feels", then just go ahead and do it. Eventually, you'll reach a point where you can look back on memories of the game as a positive experience.

You don't have to forget. If Katawa Shoujo taught you anything(as it has for some people), then keep what you learned. Instead of making Katawa Shoujo into something you did, and finished, turn it into an experience you had, and will always have with you. Just like with anything you learn or experience, you don't dwell on it forever -- but at the same time, to forget the whole thing would just waste your time.

Some people take longer than others to move on. Some never need to, some take days, weeks, or months. I have a feeling that there are so many people who experience this now, because the game is still relatively new. New people are still getting the game and experiencing everything, and are having their time moving on. Probably within a few months time, there won't be many people feeling melancholic over the game anymore, because naturally, people do move on.

This community is just more accepting of people discussing their feelings. That is why we hear of people having to move on from THIS game. People feel this same type of "depression" after anything they enjoy end. It's just more acceptable here than in other places to talk about it. (I mean, if you said you were having trouble moving on from another game, and talked about it on its forums, you'd probably just get a lot of "get laid" comments but now I'm just rambling.)

The period of moving on is the perfect one for writing and reading fan fiction. No matter how poorly it is written or how stupid it is, it can fulfill your thirst for more.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.