Help With Getting Over the Game

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

encrypted12345

Re: Help With Getting Over the Game

Post by encrypted12345 »

Ivan The Mouse wrote:Laugh at the memes, comrade.

That should make you feel better.
I second this. This is what I do anyways. Nothing like laughing at some of the (admittedly tasteless) memes to help recover from that feel.
InfinitiveBlue

Post by InfinitiveBlue »

Last edited by InfinitiveBlue on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The meaning of life? Truth is, there really isn't one. If the entire human race were to just cease existing, would the whole of space and time come to a halt? No. Our lives are so meaningless and fleeting that in truth they really aren't worth living. Unless we make them worth living. So the meaning of life; is whatever you want it to be.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

I know it's not necessarily an option for everyone, but I've been "getting over it" by writing a couple of fanfics. It's oddly therapeutic.
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Robnonymous your avatar is awesome. Do you have a larger version?
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Thanks! :)

I don't have a larger resolution but I could easily make one. It's just a Photoshopped image from the Shimmie that has Hanako and Lilly in it. I just took out Lilly, cropped it and added a background color that blends in better with the forums.
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Robnonymous wrote:Thanks! :)

I don't have a larger resolution but I could easily make one. It's just a Photoshopped image from the Shimmie that has Hanako and Lilly in it. I just took out Lilly, cropped it and added a background color that blends in better with the forums.
So I guess you wanted Hanako so you...

*Puts on sunglasses*

...Put Lilly out of the picture.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

yipyapper wrote:

*Puts on sunglasses*

She never even saw it coming.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
newnar

Post by newnar »

yipyapper wrote:

*Puts on sunglasses*

INCOMING WARHEAD WITH 20,000POUNDS OF PURE GUILT TRIP
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

There is NO getting over the game... it will always be in the back of your mind...
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

myshoesarebrown wrote:
yipyapper wrote:

*Puts on sunglasses*

She never even saw it coming.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Zig_Zac wrote:There is NO getting over the game... it will always be in the back of your mind...
True that! Still got feels after a month.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
x271x

Post by x271x »

Just stopped in to say, I had the feels too, just got over it by doing manly stuff, hanging out with mates, spending my time on the Misc, going to gym, playing fps, etc, etc, feels like you've had life changing revelations and you'll never get over it, which you have, I think it evoked a lot of deep thought in me personally and allowed me to bring my issues into focus a lot more, but you shouldn't let it consume your life, just chill and do things you enjoy, :lol:
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Zig_Zac wrote:There is NO getting over the game... it will always be in the back of your mind...
Yes there is. It just requires not getting attached to a bunch of pixels. I understand that can be difficult for some people though.
Last edited by ThreeStep on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

^Truth. I haven't touched Katawa Shoujo in about a month now (except to look up a quote, but I just went through the Library), and I still can't stop thinking about it. =/ But, I think I'm in a better place now. Once the feels pass, you're left with a rather profound view on life that you lacked prior to reading it. It's quite liberating.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

ThreeStep wrote:
Yes there is. It just requires not getting attached to a bunch of pixels. I understand that can be difficult for some people though.
Its not the pixels that stick with you... its the story, the feelings, the outlook they had on their lives and how they changed your life... you won't be able to look at certain things or go certain places or see or think of certain people in the same way anymore because of KS... sure the girls were cute but they were drawings made to entice the reader... girls in reality are better looking, real, but they too have very similar emotional parallels to the girls of KS, so somehow, in some way, the game will always be on your mind, and forgetting it is not possible, unless you actually lost your memory.

Even if you lives in a box for the rest of your life, lol, you might eventually think about how the whole world is shut up, just like Hanako felt in the tea room they go to for lunch. If you try to change your thinking, it would be like how Rin was trying to change the way she thinks of things. If you try to keep yourself busy so you don't think about KS, it would be like Shizune always being busy, giving herself something to do, something to strive for.

There will always be connections that can and will be made by the brain to the KS novel and I for one don't think that is a bad thing at all... :)