Did KS change my life? Yes, a little. And here's why.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

gRaViJa

Re: Did KS change my life? Yes, a little. And here's why.

Post by gRaViJa »

I've been able to get over the feels for a while now (though i still take on the other routes slowly, so i don't get a feels overdose again), but i'm still executing my plans to change my life for the better. Right now, i'm following the couch to 5k plan, and i'm able to run for 20 mins now. 5 weeks ago when i started that was 1,5 mins. I also decided to help out at our local youth club/cafe. Anyway, they host parties, events, concerts. etc. for mainly students. I just returned form a first meeting and they seem like fun people. It's also a great chance to meet new people, since i'll be at most of the events they host. The girls i talked to so far, aren't single or particularly attratcive to me though, but well, that's not the main reason i joined.

I'm not sure if i'll join the art club thingie as well. But i'll be joining OR the athletics club OR the art club. I can only do so many things.

I also invited some old friends together with my "best" friends for my birthday comming weekend. During the last few years, i didn't like the attention and only invited like 3 friends to go out and have a drink or somethign. but now i'm hosting a party for about 15 friends. it will be good to see some old faces again, though i don't yet know how i'll react to them (they were also good friends with my girlfriend 4/5 years ago and they slowly slipped away from my life after the accident...)

I still find it weird how KS was the catalyst that me re-evaluate my own life, but it changed me for the better. I hope it does so too for others :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
SwimmingInCloudland

Post by SwimmingInCloudland »

Wow man, I know I'm coming into this thread a little late, but this really touched me, seriously. The fact that all that happened and you're able to come out of it looking forward after everything is truly incredible. Hey, I wish you every success with anything you take on. :)
ProfAllister: Either way, it's not the fedora on the outside that matters; it's the fedora on the inside that counts.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Thanks for your kind words!

I'm really trying my best to take on life again, but it still comes with heighs and lows. Sometimes I still feel reluctant to connect with people, but it's not as... defining as it used to be. Also, I sometimes feel bad when I think about how my life could have been if she was still here... And I sometimes get that feeling of immeasurable missing-her. I don't think that'll ever pass.

But I'm doing my best and I enjoy my life more now then a while ago. The youth clubs going well, we are opening in 10 days with a nice party and i think it'll be fun. After i completed the 8 week running schedule next week, i'll be going to visit a athletics club together with an old friend of mine, and we might join up. Lastly I'm also 99% sure to study 1 extra year. It'll be in a new city with new people (It gives me a bit of a Yamaku feeling :p) I just hope my dad will agree because he was expecting me to start working. After that It'll be time to say goodbye to my youth-years and start a new chapter in my life. But I'll make the next 15 months some of the best of my life. I'm sure of that.

I hope this can be aspiring to people here who are in a situation that is more or less the same as mine to start enjoying life again. No, it's not easy, but i'm sure it's what she would have wanted me to do.

I never post more then 1 sentence on any forum or thread, except this one ^^ It's good to vent my thoughts once in a while.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Apologies for Asking, but what Field will you Work In?

I am still in High School, I decided at the end of Jr. high that Band Director was the way to go Man.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I'm a web developer and that extra year I want to study is e-marketing (postgraduate degree).
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

gRaViJa wrote:I'm a web developer and that extra year I want to study is e-marketing (postgraduate degree).
Marketing huh?

OK, So could you tell me how much my Civil War Minie Ball is worth? It hasn't been fired.
Nah Just kidding (maybe) I'm trying to figure this out myself because my 8th Grade Social Studies Teacher likes to show this stuff to her classes, And, Well, The Middle School is only like a short Walk away from the High School, so I figured I might let her Borrow It, but have her son return it so In case something Happened I would know how much she owed me XD.

I Also have a replica of a Union Cap, which is made of real leather, It is quite a nice thing to have.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Fretless

Post by Fretless »

Oh god, this thread just gave me some major feels.
KS got me to ask out the girl I like after remaining in a shell for far too long, but that story blows mine out of the water.
I've heard some touching stories brought upon by KS, but this one takes the cake.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Agreed, this story is truly touching, I don't have very much to offer for storytelling, Because I usually Isolate Contact with the Majority.
MY CODE:
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Fretless wrote:Oh god, this thread just gave me some major feels.
KS got me to ask out the girl I like after remaining in a shell for far too long, but that story blows mine out of the water.
I've heard some touching stories brought upon by KS, but this one takes the cake.
I'm happy to read that KS was a catalyst for you as well. LIVE the life you imagine, don't just dream or think about it. That's what i'll do too from now on.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

However, You can't always live your life as you Imagine, It isn't cake to get through Schooling.
There are 2 types of People in Schooling, those who are good at DOING school, and Those who are Good at the Job Itself, I fall into the Job Itself Category, I am a Brilliant Musician, I think I have Absolute Pitch (Which is Really good) and I know 3 Clefs in the Music World, Each Clef with It's own Instrument.
However, I am not the best at School, The Same old Easy Work easily Bores me. Damn you ADD.
MY CODE:
Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

This game has really caused me to think about my life as well.

I haven't been through a tragic experience such as that, nor have I yet to experience a major loss of a family member or close friend. But parts of my life I know I've spent a lot of time thinking about.

One thing I know of is that throughout my life, I have always wanted to be the person to defend my friends and family. I wanted to be their protector. I rarely said it out loud, but it's how I felt. But as I was doing Hanako's route it actually made me realize that not everyone needs a protector. They might sometimes, but most of the time they need a friend, an equal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this game effect not just their emotions or feelings, but parts of their lives.
Wander

Post by Wander »

It's wonderful to read about people overcoming their hardships. I haven't gone through something as horrible as a close friend/girlfriend dying, but in some ways I can relate. I really need to get my own life together in some ways. Maybe I finally am getting there. Last couple of years were rough for me for a variety of reasons, some of which simply come with adulthood, others due to my mistakes, and then there was my time in the army, which really was not the place for me. But never mind me. The OP of this is is an inspiration. I can't imagine how difficult something like that is to go through. With me having had trouble as it is, I dread to think how I would've coped.

Good luck man. You can draw inspiration from pieces of art such as this game, but in the end you have to find meaning yourself. I hope I can do that myself.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Wander wrote:It's wonderful to read about people overcoming their hardships. I haven't gone through something as horrible as a close friend/girlfriend dying, but in some ways I can relate. I really need to get my own life together in some ways. Maybe I finally am getting there. Last couple of years were rough for me for a variety of reasons, some of which simply come with adulthood, others due to my mistakes, and then there was my time in the army, which really was not the place for me. But never mind me. The OP of this is is an inspiration. I can't imagine how difficult something like that is to go through. With me having had trouble as it is, I dread to think how I would've coped.

Good luck man. You can draw inspiration from pieces of art such as this game, but in the end you have to find meaning yourself. I hope I can do that myself.
Hmm Makes Sense, My Story is Different though, Instead of Having a Tragic Event, It is simply just the same thing, I get Up, Go to Band Go to Class, Stay at school (Parents are Teachers), Go Home, Play Computer, Wash, Rinse and Repeat. Occasionally, There is an Exciting Performance to break it, but that Is Rare, That is why I like Marching Band so much, Every Friday you go to a Football Game, And no two games are the same, I dont give a damn about the Football, But It is all about the Experience, Maybe Someone will drop their Gauntlet, Maybe Someone will make a really bad note, I wonder If that Freshman will believe the Reverse Plume Trick, Here Comes 5:00 Minute Countdown, Time to Go Down, Dont push me I'm Moving!

This probably makes no sense.
MY CODE:
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Alexbond45 wrote:
Wander wrote:It's wonderful to read about people overcoming their hardships. I haven't gone through something as horrible as a close friend/girlfriend dying, but in some ways I can relate. I really need to get my own life together in some ways. Maybe I finally am getting there. Last couple of years were rough for me for a variety of reasons, some of which simply come with adulthood, others due to my mistakes, and then there was my time in the army, which really was not the place for me. But never mind me. The OP of this is is an inspiration. I can't imagine how difficult something like that is to go through. With me having had trouble as it is, I dread to think how I would've coped.

Hmm Makes Sense, My Story is Different though, Instead of Having a Tragic Event, It is simply just the same thing, I get Up, Go to Band Go to Class, Stay at school (Parents are Teachers), Go Home, Play Computer, Wash, Rinse and Repeat. Occasionally, There is an Exciting Performance to break it, but that Is Rare, That is why I like Marching Band so much, Every Friday you go to a Football Game, And no two games are the same, I dont give a damn about the Football, But It is all about the Experience, Maybe Someone will drop their Gauntlet, Maybe Someone will make a really bad note, I wonder If that Freshman will believe the Reverse Plume Trick, Here Comes 5:00 Minute Countdown, Time to Go Down, Dont push me I'm Moving!

This probably makes no sense.
I remember my time in marching band. Fridays after school were always fun, everyone rushing to get dressed and eat lunch before the game. It was so much better than concert season. Being a percussionist in a concert band is hell on earth.

This OP was truly inspiring though. I've never experiences anything of that magnitude, but more of a constant barrage of depression and maybe a lack of self confidence. I've always been rather quiet and reserved when it comes to socializing and truly living, but after experiencing this VN and reading threads like this, seems wrong to just let my life pass me by without making any good memories to look back on. I'm one year into college and already wishing i could start High School all over again.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Our Percussion has to play through the third quarter in Home Games (the rest quarter)
My Band Director hates people that lag behind and pull us back.

But back on topic,
The post truly was inspiring, Life is tough (Life is Tougher when your stupid, says my Director, Which connects to a saying, which Is kinda long, Ill put it at the bottom of the Post)
Anyway, It is hard to get through the crap that is thrown at you, luckily, we seem to be pushing each other up, right?

Anyway, As promised, the quote:
"There are Two Kinds of People, Those who are Ignorant, and Those who are Stupid, Ignorant People will do something wrong and don't know Its wrong, Stupid People will do it wrong, and know it's wrong, don't be stupid"-B. Deese (Band Director)
MY CODE: