"The feels"

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

x271x

"The feels"

Post by x271x »

KS was the first visual novel I've ever read, found it on the piratebay while browsing and decided to check it out, and I'm so glad I did, easily the best thing I've ever read, will obviously sound a bit cliche around here but I felt so connected to Hanako that I was too guilt-ridden to do any other line but Kenjis(which was hilarious) I was really depressed/Had a lot to think about for about a week after doing the Hanako line, couldn't get it off my brain, was really amazed to see that the same thing had happened to so many others :o Katawa Shoujo is the first thing to make me feel strongly, in a really long time, sadly I'll never see 100% completion though, I'd be too guilt-ridden to do the negative Hanako line, even if I wanted to :( but thank you Devs, for the amazing story/writing/visuals/depth/EVERYTHING, thank you :D
yuastnav

Re: "The feels"

Post by yuastnav »

x271x wrote: [...] sadly I'll never see 100% completion though, I'd be too guilt-ridden to do the negative Hanako line, [...]
Give it time.
This too shall pass.
"[...] it's just a ride."
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

yuastnav wrote:
x271x wrote: [...] sadly I'll never see 100% completion though, I'd be too guilt-ridden to do the negative Hanako line, [...]
Give it time.
This too shall pass.
Indeed.

Make yourself busy. Do something you enjoy doing to get your mind off of it.
x271x

Post by x271x »

Thanks for the replies :)
haha I'd be game to do the other lines, but not the negative Hanako line, never the negative Hanako line, for the sake of my own sanity.
I heard the Emi line is equally as good, guess that one might be next.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

x271x wrote:Thanks for the replies :)
haha I'd be game to do the other lines, but not the negative Hanako line, never the negative Hanako line, for the sake of my own sanity.
It is good, but also quite emotional! I'd say the one with the least emotions is Shizune's route. It's a good buffer route to do between the intense and more emotional ones.
x271x

Post by x271x »

I'd heard that Shizunes route ended up more like friends with benefits, what about Rin's?
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

I'd make fun of you, but I'm the guy who failed out "You're the Inspiration" on Elite Beat Agents exactly once to find out what would happen, and was so traumatized I never did it ever again.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

x271x wrote:I'd heard that Shizunes route ended up more like friends with benefits, what about Rin's?
Shizune's route just needs more analysis than normal to actually see the sheer strength of the romantic relationship. It's very nuanced in a world where romantic stories generally aren't.

Rin's route is an emotional rollercoaster, but some people don't like it.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

themocaw wrote:
I'd make fun of you, but I'm the guy who failed out "You're the Inspiration" on Elite Beat Agents exactly once to find out what would happen, and was so traumatized I never did it ever again.

Did you really? :shock:

Aww :(
x271x

Post by x271x »

To start with I got the neutral Hanako, and thought that was all there was to it, and was devastated hahah
x271x

Post by x271x »

themocaw wrote:
I've never played that game, what happened when you failed out? :o
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

x271x wrote:
themocaw wrote:
I've never played that game, what happened when you failed out? :o
It's a Christmas level. A little girl whose father died on a business trip stays up all night too see her daddy come home and bring her the teddy bear he promised to bring her. If you succeed, his ghost comes back bringing her the teddy bear he promised.

If you fail, the game timeskips eight years forward to when the little girl is now a bitter and disillusioned teenager.
x271x

Post by x271x »

Is that near the end or the start of the game? Like I mean do you have any connection to the characters by that point? if so, sounds rough as hell
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

x271x wrote:Is that near the end or the start of the game? Like I mean do you have any connection to the characters by that point? if so, sounds rough as hell
EBA is a rhythm/puzzle game. No real characters as such.
dawnoffayt

Post by dawnoffayt »

Emi is my hanako. I can't do any other route because of how awesome Emi is.. Shes just my type lol