The tunes in KS are that good??

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

rydiafan

The tunes in KS are that good??

Post by rydiafan »

I was listening to some of the KS soundtrack well i was shopping for food i work in and a co -worker just ask me what i was listening to ... so i took off my earbuds and let him have listen and he fell in love with the music ... so i told him about what KS was ... and he didnt care ... but i was just talking to him and he downloaded the KS OST ... i though that was a testiment to how good music was ... no real point ... just thought i share that
fcd15

Re: The tunes in KS are that good??

Post by fcd15 »

they are. and they were crafted with zero financial backing. that makes it even more impressive.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

They are very well done. When I first downloaded the OST I had no idea that there were that many original pieces composed for it. It was a big project!
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

The music was good at setting the mood during the game, but it didn't blow me away.

I will say that it was all very well polished. Quite impressive when I compare it to a lot of professionally done soundtracks that fall utterly flat.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

It's not my favorite soundtrack ever. But, I did download it. It fits for when I want a bit of background music, but am not in the mood for... everything else I have. Which surprisingly happens a lot.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Aside from Wiosna and Parity, there isn't too much music in KS that really stuck out to me, that I'd listen to outside the game.

However, when I played the game without the music, it felt as if something was missing.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Hm, I feel inclined to play through one of the routes with the music off and my own music in the background to see how much the soundtrack affected the overall experience...

Maybe Lillys route to some Blind Guardian?

You know, if you start Rins route and "Dark Side of the Moon" at the same time it totally fits together...

Okay I'll stop now...
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

zanzarra wrote:Hm, I feel inclined to play through one of the routes with the music off and my own music in the background to see how much the soundtrack affected the overall experience...

You know, if you start Rins route and "Dark Side of the Moon" at the same time it totally fits together...

Okay I'll stop now...
I played Hanako's route twice. First Time with the original music. Second Time i made a playlist with Stepppenwolf, Led Zepelin, Hendrix, Yardbirds, it was underwhelming. Great music and great games not always fit together..
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

zanzarra wrote:Hm, I feel inclined to play through one of the routes with the music off and my own music in the background to see how much the soundtrack affected the overall experience...

i see what you did there.

Lilly doesn't.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

On a more serious note, I'd not try "great music" aka music from interprets I like, it would be distracting - especially text-heavy songs.

Well, make that "most interpets I like", VNV Nation for example should have some fitting songs.

So, as an alternative Ks soundtrack I would mix other game soundtracks and some instrumental/textless songs from various artists.
The soundtrack to Human Revolution would fit some scenes, for example.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
traitor

Post by traitor »

soundtrack is great.
every once in a while I pop Nurse's theme in my car and suddenly everything is just going to be all right.
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

The thing with visual novel-music is that they usually get on your nerves after a while. Especially if you have to play multiple routes and always have to listen to the same tracks like "oh, it's the sad-scene music, haven't heard that one in a while...ugh" but I didn't grow tired of Katawa Shoujo's music, in fact I like to listen to it from time to time because it's just... well good. Maybe not "OH mY GoD tHat's thE BEST thing EvOr!" but really well done nonetheless. Oh, and to throw this in I looooove Parity, final version mind you.