KS at animecons

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

zanzarra

Re: KS at animecons

Post by zanzarra »

Harlequin13 wrote:At the moment, Katawa Shoujo is #3 on the reddit gaming list of what's being played right now. Above Battlefield 3. How bizarre ain't that...
Now, the KS cast playing BF3, on the other hand...

Misha: Hey Lilly~!
Lilly, in tank: ..huh?
Misha: C-4 yourself!
Lilly: ...what.
Tank explodes
Misha: For the Student Council, wahahaha~!

...ok, I'll hide now.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Skinny rin is sorta cute.

BUT, the convention that I went to last time, only saw Rin and just for one day. It's fairly small even for an Los angeles convention but I'm pretty sure there will be others at AX in july. I might even go as leaf/fundoshi kenji or misha. Been working on my Okabe laugh and I think it would fit fairly well.

The way I see cosplaying is that, tryhards look ridiculous because, obviously, they are trying way too hard and they aren't creative with their characters, not to mention how much money they spend on their shit just to show off for a weekend or two. I went as Quote from cave story, built myself a giant sword with duct tape and cardboard, made antennae ears, used a mp9 as the smg, wore a knee and elbow pad, and had a blast prepping. Not saying bad costumes are the best but it's all about how much fun you had making your costume and how much fun you had while wearing your costume.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Man, I would cosplay as Kenji because he's super funny as hell but there's a few problems:

>I need to drop like 100 pounds and even if I did, I would have a heavier build
> Too tall
>I'm black

Those things above shouldn't matter in cosplay if you're havin' fun and kickin' it in a conventon but weeaboos and elitist douchebags be makin' like it does and I don't wanna go off on somebody in public over a costume and ruin a free two or three day weekend.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

I find the lack of Emi in those cosplay pics disturbing. :?
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Snow_Storm wrote:Man, I would cosplay as Kenji because he's super funny as hell but there's a few problems:

>I need to drop like 100 pounds and even if I did, I would have a heavier build
> Too tall
>I'm black

Those things above shouldn't matter in cosplay if you're havin' fun and kickin' it in a conventon but weeaboos and elitist douchebags be makin' like it does and I don't wanna go off on somebody in public over a costume and ruin a free two or three day weekend.
Dude, there was a boxers and helmet only protoman who's black (I think it's the dude that does the oiled up pokemon too, haven't seen it, but my friend recognized him). The whole group of almost naked megaman peeps, no one messed with. I think you'll be fine.
scorptatious wrote:I find the lack of Emi in those cosplay pics disturbing. :?
She's either way too easy or too hard to replicate. Absolute territory stockings and maybe a padding of cardboard underneath or real prosthetics.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Emi + Hanako have been done before:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3242#p56079
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Uhg, you people are terrible.

Those cosplayers look like they had a lot of fun, and I was tickled pink to see them for the first time.
Future cosplayers, good luck! I hope I can catch some at a con and thank them for being such enthusiastic fans!
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

zanzarra wrote:
Harlequin13 wrote:At the moment, Katawa Shoujo is #3 on the reddit gaming list of what's being played right now. Above Battlefield 3. How bizarre ain't that...
Now, the KS cast playing BF3, on the other hand...

Misha: Hey Lilly~!
Lilly, in tank: ..huh?
Misha: C-4 yourself!
Lilly: ...what.
Tank explodes
Misha: For the Student Council, wahahaha~!

...ok, I'll hide now.
I can just imagine Misha running around with defibs screaming "Wahahaha~!" and reviving everyone. The other team would be too dumbstruck to shoot at her :lol:
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

I'd like to see a decent KS presence at cons, but since I'm a poor college student I'm only really able to attend smaller ones in my area, which means I probably won't end up seeing much KS fandom anytime soon.
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
zanzarra wrote:
alien.marksman wrote:Though, my morbid curiosity has me wondering how long before we start seeing KS cosplays.
Too late. I don't remember where, but I think it was even a thread on this forum.
Usually I can understand cosplyaers showing their affection for something by dressing up as characters from the show/VN/etc., but somehow it makes me uneasy when people start cosplaying as KS characters...
I've seen the same thing. Usually it turns out like this:

http://i.lulzimg.com/4ae6638af7.jpg

They look awful, and they make the game look awful too.

I've become extremely defensive of the game and the characters, not only because of what it's taught me as a person, but I believe it deserves the upmost respect. And when people run around looking like this, "advertising" the game, it kinda pisses me off.

Don't know about you, but i feel really only Japanese can pull of some anime characters.....maybe if we had Japanese girls cosplaying...as KS lol

I don't mind people show off their love for KS in that way...just if its bad its bad XD
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
urishima

Post by urishima »

zanzarra wrote:Cosplaying as Jigoro would be hilarious.

"Your Naruto costume is awful and I want you to feel bad about it!"
If you can find a wig that works...
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

I'd like to see a good Emi cosplay. Extra points for lemon perfume. :twisted:

Today, I saw a great green jeans that resembled the pants from the male Yamaku uniform and still looked pretty cool. I was tempted to buy one to turn my swag on and get some hot cripple girls. Damn, I should have bought one!
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

The pants wouldn't have worked. We all know it's the sweatervest. Bitches dig sweatervests.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Guest wrote:Image

How's this?

Actually pretty good :D
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

NubChaos wrote:I'm actually pretty tempted to cosplay as Hisao or maybe Kenji, since:
1) I like them
2) My body type fits them
3) I GOTTA REPRESENT AND SPREAD THE WORD

I'm about 6'1'' or 6'2'', about 130 pounds, and in pretty good shape.
You skinny barstard. 6' - 6'1" and carrying two bills. If you carved every ounce of fat off of me I MIGHT get down to 190 or 185. I couldn't pull off anyone, not tall enough for Jigoro.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.