KS at animecons

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Chronopolize

Re: KS at animecons

Post by Chronopolize »

I don't see what is the problem with people cosplaying. Their cosplays aren't mockingly terrible or anything, their just having a good time. Should you be made at all the morbid gags made on reddit or 4chan? No! Just relax (or even laugh if it's funny to you). It probably would be more pleasant without them, but that sort of thing comes with popularity. Besides, it's that popularity that let many people (myself included) learn about and experience the game.
rem

Post by rem »

newnar wrote:God that is BAD cosplay.
Have..have you guys seen really bad cosplay???? That's nowhere near bad and given that Katawa Shoujo is a pretty rare cosplay, it's unlikely that they were able to buy their costumes from a professional.

It does the job and I bet they got a lot of great feelings when (or if) fans recognized them. When Act 1 came out, I came across a Shizune at Anime Expo but it took me a bit of time to recognize the costume (something I definitely didn't expect cosplayed)

Post by Guest »

How's this?
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Amazing. Wow...
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I'm betting you guys all $20 that that Katawa Shoujo is gonna dominate the cosplay scene in the 2012 convention season.

Also, the first two images of the KS cosplay ain't too bad. Shit, they having agood time, who cares if their costume ain't the best? Shit like that makes me wanna troll the butthurt weeaboos and elite cosplayers who gotta put down folks because their cosplay ain't perfect. Fucking virgins.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Snow_Storm wrote:I'm betting you guys all $20 that that Katawa Shoujo is gonna dominate the cosplay scene in the 2012 convention season.

Also, the first two images of the KS cosplay ain't too bad. Shit, they having agood time, who cares if their costume ain't the best? Shit like that makes me wanna troll the butthurt weeaboos and elite cosplayers who gotta put down folks because their cosplay ain't perfect. Fucking virgins.
I don't think it'll dominate, but the cosplayers could help increase the fanbase. I'll bet 2013.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

I'm actually pretty tempted to cosplay as Hisao or maybe Kenji, since:
1) I like them
2) My body type fits them
3) I GOTTA REPRESENT AND SPREAD THE WORD

I'm about 6'1'' or 6'2'', about 130 pounds, and in pretty good shape.

I'd take the role seriously, though would also partake in some derpery. For instance, seeing someone cosplaying very well as a cute character might spark a HNNNNNNG and collapse from me. :P

If only I were female... then I'd most definitely cosplay one of the girls. Probably Lilly since I'm tall and she's my second favorite, though cosplaying Rin would be interesting since I would not use my arms the entire time. BUT ALAS, I AM MALE

For those wondering, the local conventions in my area (the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in north Texas) are Animefest in September on Labor Day Weekend, A-KON in the beginning of June, and Yule Con in November. Possibly other smaller ones I'm not aware of too. If anyone else on the forum lives where they can easily reach those cons, we could maybe set up a group cosplay! :D
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
newnar

Post by newnar »

Awesome. Where did you find that?
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

NubChaos wrote:
I'm about 6'1'' or 6'2'', about 130 pounds
Say what? You do realize that's borderline anorexic, right?
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

I definitely don't look remotely anorexic. I've got some chub on my stomach and thighs, though it's not noticeable at all if I'm wearing clothes (unless I eat a huge meal and just let my stomach bloat out). I'm closer to 140 and 6'0'''; I exaggerated ever so slightly..

I'm not very muscular either, so that might be another reason I'm lighter than I possibly could or should be, since muscle's pretty heavy and all.

I look healthy, feel healthy, and am healthy.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

If this link doesn't work, apologies
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3569_n.jpg

one on the left is my dad
one on the right is me

to further back my previous post :P

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
newnar

Post by newnar »

NubChaos wrote:If this link doesn't work, apologies
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3569_n.jpg

one on the left is my dad
one on the right is me

to further back my previous post :P

Not bad......Hisao.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

dohoho

I'll definitely be sure to post pics if/when I do a Hisao cosplay. The male Yamaku uniform is pretty easy to replicate... white button-up shirt, green slacks, black belt, black tie. Just gotta get the "idiot hair" going, probably by gelling the hell out of a tuft of hair so it sticks up and refuses to come back down. I can just style my own hair, since it's the same color as, if not a bit darker than Hisao's. Length's about the same too, at least right now... Oh, and I gotta get some dark brown dress shoes.

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Nekken wrote:
zanzarra wrote:Cosplaying as Jigoro would be hilarious.

"Your Naruto costume is awful and I want you to feel bad about it!"
Mind if I shamelessly rip this idea off? Not quite sure where I'm going to get a chance to do so, but this is brilliant.
Since I don't have Jigoros build, a katana, or a dark blue hawaiian shirt, go ahead ;)
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

Iskander66 wrote:This past weekend (January 27-29) the family & I were at Ohayocon in Columbus, OH. At a Type-Moon panel, the moderator asked, "So what are some of the visual novels that you have played?" There were several answers shouted back, but then when one fellow said "Katawa Shoujo!" the whole room erupted in applause. No other title got this reaction.

Hah, love that. You know, that applause actually really means that (pretty much) everyone in that room had played it.

At the moment, Katawa Shoujo is #3 on the reddit gaming list of what's being played right now. Above Battlefield 3. How bizarre ain't that...