Has KS somehow influenced your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

zettovyker

Re: Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by zettovyker »

It was actually Act 1 that broke my cycle of having shallow friendships. Because I went through (the game and in life) being very nice and just an overall optimistic outlook towards people. I made friends, but in the end, I got Kenji's ending, and it really got to me. It really shook me up on how I lived my life.

Of course, Act 2-on is all nice and teaches a moral within, but they were really the extra motivation for me to keep in mind other changes I should consider while I put my new life on track. Hanako's trust, Emi's motivation, Rin's 'simply being', Lilly's foresight/fore-thought, Shizune's awareness and focus are all things I'm sure I've had felt one already and known before... but to have such a strong and well written reminder, definitely brings things to light again.
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

metalangel wrote:It's got me looking at my life and wondering what the hell happened? Am I happy with the way things are heading? Is it too late to change?

*pounds chest where heart is* Its never to late my friend!
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Nah not really. I mean i now have a KS background on my phone, am probably gonna change my ringtone and have folder and subfolders of KS fanart, but thats just fandom. Nothing really in the game changed my life.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:
metalangel wrote:It's got me looking at my life and wondering what the hell happened? Am I happy with the way things are heading? Is it too late to change?

*pounds chest where heart is* Its never to late my friend!
I'm 32 now, I have a girlfriend of ten years so I can't go making any huge sweeping changes because I have to think about the effect on her. It doesn't help that I am living abroad where she's from (UK) which complicates things even more. I just feel stuck, you know?
Ready

Post by Ready »

I know this may sound strange, but this game made me realize how im always trying to put up barriers around myself. And that if i take these barriers down that my life would become much easier. It seems from prior responses i am kinda alone in this
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Definitely for me....Most of my thoughts are on the thread that I made ^^

But a funny story I left out....While I was going through Shizune's arc for the first time I felt a deep connection about being able to actually communicate with someone for the first time, you know, when Hisao took up sign language and they were able to talk to each other directly.
Anyways, my sister showed me something funny, an inside joke, as I was playing (on my laptop on my bed, with my back to the wall, dont think she'd like to see me playing this >.>) so I laughed....and I thought, wait...she can hear me right?
wtf of course she can, jesus, Shizune is really rubbing off on me -.-

I'd like to learn sign language :)
zettovyker

Post by zettovyker »

Ready wrote:I know this may sound strange, but this game made me realize how im always trying to put up barriers around myself. And that if i take these barriers down that my life would become much easier. It seems from prior responses i am kinda alone in this
Not true. Everyone has barriers, including this guy who's super friendly and easy to talk too. Having brought down my own barriers has solved and raised a lot of problems... but nothing that isn't actually worth keeping those barriers up.

Having serious time issues with balancing with school/friends/work/projects, is actually much more enjoyable than the previous problems of not having enough time for games/mmos/surface friendships. It'll also add depth to yourself as a person too, as you start influencing other people and they onto you.

So no, you're not alone mate. This is the whole internet we're talking about here!
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
ChibaMasaya

Post by ChibaMasaya »

Silly, that a game can influence my way of life.

First I clicked with no plan, just what I feel to do at the given moment, and ended up with Emi's storyline, although Hanako was the one who interested me.
No regrets, it was an awesome storyline. And as I guess it did for many, this storyline made me to start running every day, early in the mornings. As far as this
idea looked before KS, it became so obvious after that. It is an awesome thing to do, fill you with energy, so thank you dear dev team :)

The other thing is that I played the Hanako line later, and realized that Hanako is me. No, I am not weird looking or scarred, in fact I would say I am not looking
bad at all :) But the bullies because I got because I was naive and hardly open for others just got this pushed even more, finding out that I feel uncomfortable even
when I have to talk with someone online, let alone in real life... But as she managed to bring down those barriers - it was very nicely written! - maybe I can manage
too. Though, se only managed that someone kept asking her, even if she was weird, and this is something that rarely happens in real life. People will find you strange,
and out of fear or ignorance, leave you for good.

In a nutshell, I would like to thank all the developers for making such an awesome thing. One life made a better turn, thanks to you!
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Heh. So interesting. Just seen a new aspect of life that KS has made clearer to me.
I have a friend IRL whom I've known for over ten years, probably over half my life. I'm just talking to him now about someone whom we both know, and having recently played through the Hanako path, I've just realised something that I've never realised before.
He's trying to fix her.
She's recently pushed him away for an assortment of reasons, but I wonder if him trying to fix her was one of them, either underlying or not.

It's just a pity that he wouldn't entertain the idea of reading KS, it being 'just a VN'. I think if he read through Hanako's arc, it could really help him.

Either that or it'd go straight over his head.

Heh, that's really really interesting. Katawa Shoujo just got another teeny bit better for me :P
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101