Has KS somehow influenced your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Raymur

Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by Raymur »

If KS has influenced your life some how, please state here.
Personally, I think that I've learnt to accept people with a disability much more than I already did, and it was a lot to begin with.
It's also shown me that the girls that I surround myself with treat the people around them like absolute dirt, even to me.
Last edited by Raymur on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rydiafan

Re: Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by rydiafan »

ill tell you something weird ... KS didn't influence me at all ( just the best VN i played ever ... nothing more nothing less )

what KS ( and other things like it ) did for me is learn how to act/speak around the more harcore / emotional fans of KS ( cause i still dont believe VNs have that power to influence ppl )

I debated this in another fourm so no debate here ... but i learn to be more respectful for hardcore fans of VNs like KS
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

It made me think about the past, but i cant say it has changed me.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Like you said, I think it's helped me get used to disabilities more.
I'm also one of the dorks who picked up running in a result of playing Emi's path.
After playing KS, I feel like I really want to improve myself, and become a better person, but I don't know how.
That's about it, I think.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Tomate wrote:It made me think about the past, but i cant say it has changed me.
This. No drastic change.

I just thought about my personal past relationships more. Where both me and whoever I was seeing at the time and how we ended up screwing up to end it. After all it's the past, only thing we can do is accept it and move on. :D

I also analyze myself for the better now, and Emi just motivated my workouts more by her being right about giving it your all when working out is good for the workout. 8)
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

Nothing at all.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
jsc_tidus

Post by jsc_tidus »

Nothing changes. Just a solid VN, impressive masterpiece.. It does influence me to finish all the character route & finding VN-like-this.. A good pace to flash back, but after quit the VN, its life :wink:
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

I picked up writing poetry again. Does that count?
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Titus

Post by Titus »

I want to find a deaf-mute workaholic girl with short hair.....

....and my opinion on disabled people changed completely. I thought they were 2nd class untermensch until I saw that they can possibly have lives more complicated than the average tweeting Facebook junkie.

:wink:
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

It did change me in alot of ways, and im pretty sure it had a affect on my mind aswell lol as tragic as some of the KS stories are, i find myself happier, but at the same time depressed cause i wish the stories never had to end, but i have a better out look on life, i even might getting into a full work out routine.
I went to bed at 7 am 3 nights in a row and woke up at 10am... couldn't go back to sleep, the only change i can think of was downloading KS, just can't stop thinking about it, Hanako in paticular. When i woke up, i went back to KS lol. but i do not regret it.

I think it made me look at others differently, i have never have been a shallow person, but everyone has thier cons... and most of them are gone now.
I even have renewed hope on love. I wish i could find someone like Hanako(scarred or not).

I finished Hanakos, and then Lillys. Going into Emi's next to see if she can kick me into gear..... lol excerising gear....

and as weird as this sounds...i think love is worth the risk of the of what Hisao had to go through...it weird i know..

also if i was rich, hell i would fund a school like Yamaku, and name it after the devs team... if they didn't mind me using it.....
i think the school would be worth a try, even open it to people without disablilites, as long as theres no problem with students....I think for the sake of the people who are there with disabilties, i would crack hard down on bullying, especially if it came from a "normal" Student. other than that i would like to see students treated normaly and inpsired to do their best like the students in KS.
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
NinjaHotline

Post by NinjaHotline »

I've noticed that my tea consumption has increased. :)
"He has a sword. He might also kill bears."
<3 Jigoro
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

NinjaHotline wrote:I've noticed that my tea consumption has increased. :)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5373

You're not the only one :D
ForLackofaBetterName

Post by ForLackofaBetterName »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I think for the sake of the people who are there with disabilties, i would crack hard down on bullying, especially if it came from a "normal" Student. other than that i would like to see students treated normaly and inpsired to do their best like the students in KS.
I liked the rest of the post, but I think assuming that someone with disabilities can't be judgmental might be a rash decision. I might instead suggest cracking down on bullying evenly all over the board :P Doing otherwise seems a little like wanting to combat racism by cracking down especially hard on white people who are, but being lenient towards someone of a different ethnicity. In a way it's almost prejudicial towards them.

As far as for me? To be honest, since I blew through everyone's path the weekend before last, it's still pretty fresh with me. To be honest I've been thinking about it a lot, but I can't put my finger on what exactly I think of feel about it yet. Time will tell I guess. More than anything I've been very contemplative lately (some of it might just be from the Winter though... I always get contemplative in the Winter).
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

I do now mentally associate the word "cripple" with "moe" (or cuteness, for the non-weeaboos). :?
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I'd say it's influenced my life a bit :) as others have said, i've also become more open minded about many things in life I think.
I've become inspired to draw again, might take up animation, gonna start a running routine soon, might start playing chess while drinking tea as A Humbled Fan suggested in a different thread :D (Just need someone to play with...)
Nothing too major I don't think, just little things :)