Has KS somehow influenced your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Maakasu_Taihaku

Re: Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

ForLackofaBetterName wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I think for the sake of the people who are there with disabilties, i would crack hard down on bullying, especially if it came from a "normal" Student. other than that i would like to see students treated normaly and inpsired to do their best like the students in KS.
I liked the rest of the post, but I think assuming that someone with disabilities can't be judgmental might be a rash decision. I might instead suggest cracking down on bullying evenly all over the board :P Doing otherwise seems a little like wanting to combat racism by cracking down especially hard on white people who are, but being lenient towards someone of a different ethnicity. In a way it's almost prejudicial towards them.

As far as for me? To be honest, since I blew through everyone's path the weekend before last, it's still pretty fresh with me. To be honest I've been thinking about it a lot, but I can't put my finger on what exactly I think of feel about it yet. Time will tell I guess. More than anything I've been very contemplative lately (some of it might just be from the Winter though... I always get contemplative in the Winter).
true...good point tehre friend...

As for added note this game has pointed me into a direction, i hope to keep taking...i've got plans now yay!
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

I'm on my last year of college. I ended up needing to take an extra class to fill out my schedule, and after thinking about it, decided to take a class on American Sign Language, in no small part due to this game.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Anubis wrote:I'm on my last year of college. I ended up needing to take an extra class to fill out my schedule, and after thinking about it, decided to take a class on American Sign Language, in no small part due to this game.
good for you :) honorable indeed my friend
Ctankep

Post by Ctankep »

I want to meet some super shy girls now :( , all the girls at mine are just.... out there, it's quiet sad actually. Someone that I can actually talk to and slowly getting to build up rather than skip all the good things about it...
Despoiler

Post by Despoiler »

So other then the fact that I feel emotionally drained and go into depression mode for about a day after playing the game I started reading books again.
I used to read all the time a few years back but for some reason I stopped, so I guess that's a good thing!

And about the tea drinking. Tea is something I've always been drinking every now and then, nothing beats a warm cup of tea when you come home from the freezing tundra that is Swedish winter
DarkmasterN

Post by DarkmasterN »

If I said no I'd be lying... if anything it's inspired me to be myself and it got me out of an art block...

http://darkmastern.deviantart.com/#/d4o95so

http://darkmastern.deviantart.com/art/I ... stern&qo=1

Maybe I'll do some more KS fan art soon~

That and Lilly has gotten me to drink Tea off and on.. regardless of how bitter I think it is...
“No matter what, I just can’t say the things I want. I get really nervous and everything comes out a mess and even I don’t really understand what I want to say. I think there’s something wrong with me that makes it like this.” -Rin Tezuka
Luisiroth

Post by Luisiroth »

I´m handicapped myself (paraplegia) and, despite not being really influenced, I can feel very attached to KS and with an special understanding of it. So, maybe, in some particular way... "yes"?
Maakasu_Taihaku

After seeing Hanako's and Lilly's story i began drinking tea, and i've decided to get back on track with my life.... Meeting a shy girl would be nice. Cause its true as stated earlier in the thread, u build alot slower relationship, but in the end its worth it.
vinralfakyn

Post by vinralfakyn »

i did a lot of reflection lately.. i also realized how one mistake can make a relationship and game over.. overall, i can say i got depressed and wiser at the same time..
masuda

Post by masuda »

It made me realize how empty I became in the past few years, and mostly it's my own fault. Maybe that made me cry as well beside the touching story.
<3 Hanako <3 Lilly <3 Shizune <3

guest2

Post by guest2 »

• Changed:
  • Started drawing again
  • Started practicing piano again
  • Reminded that I wanted to learn sign language long ago and should pursue it again if I ever go back to college. Maybe more useful than Japanese or Chinese or Russian or French or Spanish or all the other languages I've half-assedly tried to study.
My local college wrote:Can you guess what the fastest growing world language in the United States is? That’s right, it’s American Sign Language (ASL). It is estimated that there are nearly two million ASL users in North America today.
/me shrugs
  • Didn't change:
  • ADD (still there)
  • Alcohol consumption (never, but not for lack of trying)
  • Burn scar on wrist (same size for 20 years)
  • Interest in physical sciences (pretty high)
  • Origami production (1/year)
  • Rate of book reading (semi-rarely)
  • Rate of exercise (never)
  • Tea consumption (1-2 cups/week)
  • Codeine consumption (boobs)
  • Don't dress in weird star stockings (never did)
  • Feminist paranoia (all time high)
  • Not an elite ninja businessman-autobiographer (never was)
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
newnar

Post by newnar »

I gave myself multiple mental arrows to the knee just now when I turned away at sight of someone on the bus who had really bad burn scars.
tibbycat

Post by tibbycat »

Definitely. I've been quite reflective recently which I attribute a lot to playing Katawa Shoujo.

I wrote a post on my blog the other day about how it's made me think about how I act towards people with disabilities: http://fragmentsarefound.com/2012/02/01/katawa-shoujo/

Also, I started studying Japanese again recently, and I'm pretty confident that this time I'll stick with it. I saw the hiragana that makes up the word katawa and understood it so then I dusted off my Japanese language books and started enjoying learning it again. Practice makes perfect :)
Neradnoglig

Post by Neradnoglig »

I've become a better person and that's not any kind of joke.
jsc_tidus

Post by jsc_tidus »

Neradnoglig wrote:I've become a better person and that's not any kind of joke.
a good conclusion :D