Has KS somehow influenced your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PasterOfMuppets

Re: After reading KS, do you do anything different?

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

After reading Hanako and lilly's paths I have become more gentlemanly in manner and smile more, weirdly enough.

After reading Shizune's path i've been more devious and playful when flirting with the opposite sex.... And I find i'm more punny... and I read lips when i'm talking to people for some reason...
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
waynoinsano

Post by waynoinsano »

I tired writting a fanfic failed hard.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

myshoesarebrown wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:
myshoesarebrown wrote:Shizune only revived my raging desire to play Risk. I've got a pretty board and everything. BUT NOBODY I KNOW WANTS TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY.
I'll play Risk with you. I'm in the same boat, honestly. Love the game, but nobody plays it. D:
Sounds nice, but apparently you are in the Pacific Ocean, and I am in Oklahoma. It simply cannot happen. And we can't play online because there are no computers in the Pacific Ocean. Frankly I don't know how you posted.
We could play it online, there must be an Online Risk. Too lazy to google it now, but i'll do it later.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Yes. It got me thinking very hard about how we view women and the roles they play in stories; I had always thought myself pretty progressive on that front, but in seeing and discussing the reaction to Shizune's route I finally began to understand how wrong I was about that. As a result I'm beginning to internalize a lot of the things I've long believed but failed to really understand until recently. It's been a humbling experience.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

I play moar VNs. They simply weren't on my radar as vehicles for good storytelling until KS, now they are.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Rin got me inspired. After not having done a painting or drawing in years, I whipped this up in about an hour.

Other than that, not much else. >.>

charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

After I finished the game I started eating a little bit healthier and I also began to work out some more.
Also, I eat pizza with a fork and a knife now ^^
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I would say that i've been drinking more tea, but I was already drinking a lot of tea before Lilly's route :) Though I plan on finding some French Vanilla Tea X3
I've started drawing again, after about 2 years, really glad that I did :D I'm also gonna learn how to animate things.
I also plan on following a running routine to get fitter, might start in the next 2 weeks.

Can't think of anything else at the moment :3
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

I've silence my living gun for a while.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

ardiel wrote:Rin got me inspired. After not having done a painting or drawing in years, I whipped this up in about an hour.

Other than that, not much else. >.>

Nice :D, thats good work right there :)
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
KFKenobi

Re: Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by KFKenobi »

The KS fan base has given me some things to think about as a game designer.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

KFKenobi wrote:The KS fan base has given me some things to think about as a game designer.

What ever those things are, good luck my friend :D
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I'm seriously thinking about starting to run again. Me and my brother started to train for a running competition next summer, but i gave up after a while. Now i'm thinking of restarting. But just because i want to. Also, who knows i meet the girl of my dreams while running, just like Hisao lol
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
timberwolf0924

Post by timberwolf0924 »

I work with the public, so I see all walks of life. I now look at people who are disabled differently. I've started to teach myself and my son sing language and I managed to call and apologize to a girl who I know was burnt on her back by an abusive father, and wanted to go out but I turned her down because of the scar. Not a horrible one, but it was most of her left shoulder blade.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

Not really a huge change, made me think reaffirmed alot of things made me appreciate life more

I also have been inspired me to pick up art and writing again, also I've been sticking to an exersise routine. (Thanks Emi)

So I guess I have changed a bit. But no life altering revelations no earth shattering realizations.

I guess the best way to put it is... KS didn't change me it showed me what I needed in order to change myself.

For all its sham drudgery and broken dreams its still a beautiful world be cheerful strive to be happy :D
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind